Forum › Still Sick discussion

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Got me teary-eyed.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Boyyyyyy.......Shimizu sure is Maekawa's Prince and Knight with shine armor i love how both of them progressed trought all this time
Edit: to all those fellas who cry too...wanna make a club ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

last edited at Mar 11, 2020 11:20AM

Hehtotesgay
joined Feb 23, 2019

Past Shimizu tosses away contact info for a potential date in the most Shimizu way possible haha!

THAT I gotta see

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I feel like this song really compliments this chapter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOW2UfvWWAE
I fucking love this manga
It's so rare to have an actual adult manga that has characters actually acting like adults
Also characters with legitimate personality quirks instead of just have one character trait that completely defines them

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Any suggestions on crying? I often find myself being frustrated by the fact that I don't cry on most things most other people cry, and since this is one of these situations, often accompanied with being envious of those who do cry, so I'd want some lessons from people with more experience in the field.

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

2 chapter huh??
IDON'TWANTTHISEND

joined Sep 5, 2018

Oh Shimizu, you demi. <3
This chapter really showed us the fruits of both our MCs’ character development. It was also nice to see gayness/coming out getting raised as an issue but in a casual and non-angsty way. Most yuri series either gloss over it completely or milk it for as much angst as possible.

joined Jan 13, 2019

hell yeahhhh get fucked dad

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

hell yeahhhh get fucked dad

Ikr? How dare side characters be imperfect people like the leads.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Any suggestions on crying? I often find myself being frustrated by the fact that I don't cry on most things most other people cry, and since this is one of these situations, often accompanied with being envious of those who do cry, so I'd want some lessons from people with more experience in the field.

Onions?

But seriously, I think it's okay if you don't cry, BV. I mean, I didn't get teary at this (although i'm a bit teary now but that's just sleepiness) but I usually cry at the drop of a hat when reading/watching stuff. Not everybody processes the same way, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just be you, and if you feel like crying, do so, if not, don't worry about it.

Just my two cents.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Just a piece of advice Shimizu-san. If you planning on spending the rest of your life, with someone, you might want to start calling her by her given name.
While I know Japan is a different culture, I still can't get my head around calling someone you're dating by their family name, especially if you get to the point you're sleeping with them. It just feels just so damn impersonal.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yet another great chapter.
My favorite part was in the end where Shimizu blubbered everything out on Maekawa's dad, despite being really pessimistic about their relationship five minutes ago.

What is the father supposed to be shocked about more? Maekawa suddenly entering his life (indirectly) and having a new manga, or the fact that this info was delivered by her GF?

joined Jul 26, 2016

What is the father supposed to be shocked about more? Maekawa suddenly entering his life (indirectly) and having a new manga, or the fact that this info was delivered by her GF?

I'm thinking he took the Why Not Both? option. :v

Quite the broadside to suddenly unload on an unsuspecting old guy tho.

last edited at Mar 12, 2020 1:54PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Shimizu's the real stud.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I would try not to worry about it. I'm actually pretty similar, a lot of things that make others cry don't really affect me in the same way, even things I'm genuinely upset about, and at times I feel jealous or guilty for it. For the most part I only cry when listening to specific pieces of music. It doesn't even have to be sad music, just something I have a deep connection to for one reason or another. As an example, there's a certain song from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite that always gets me to cry because of how special that game is to me, and all the memories it brings back. It can suck to not be able to get the catharsis of crying over something, but it's just something that's different for everyone. Brains are weird like that.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Damn I love this manga, can't wait to see all the situations they still gotta go through. Getting married, maybe adopting some kids, seeing them right more manga, maybe a steamy nsfw chapter, mayber.....

Wait, what do you mean there's only two chapters left? A series this great couldn't end already, right?
R-right?.......

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

joined Mar 15, 2015

Just a piece of advice Shimizu-san. If you planning on spending the rest of your life, with someone, you might want to start calling her by her given name.
While I know Japan is a different culture, I still can't get my head around calling someone you're dating by their family name, especially if you get to the point you're sleeping with them. It just feels just so damn impersonal.

She did call her "Akane-san" when speaking to her father, although from what I've heard, it's generally expected to use first names+san on someone if you're talking about them with their family.

Other than that, I'll second your point about the first names. It's true that in Japan, first names are generally reserved for people who are close (although how readily people make the jump to a first-name basis depends on the series; in some series, characters might even get onto a first-name basis with people they've just met), but one would think Shimizu and Maekawa would be close enough by now.

Hhkb%20logo
joined Apr 3, 2020

I’m sad this is ending. I wanted to see more shy top Shimizu

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

shy top shimizu was actually a bottom

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just receive and read the Vol.2. Goes to Ch.14 so since it's 23 chapters i suposs last volume will be 9 chapters long.Also feature an extra with a glimpse of Shimizu's past She worked at a bookstore when she was in college and one day a HS girl come buy a Yuri, she only thought she was a fellow yuri comrade but she was in fact in love with Shimizu. Shimizu being dense, crush her hopes. Back to present where Shimizu and Maekawa where on a "date" (the extra is only after Ch.8) and by manga coincidence, Shimizu found the bookstore girl, after talking she said to Shimizu that she used to love her and the yuris comics she recommanded to her, help her for coming out. She then leave to see her girlfriend. That's a nice little extra on Shimizu's past and show she was a bit dense.

joined Jul 26, 2016

By "a bit dense" I suppose you mean "in the superactinide series"? :v

last edited at Apr 16, 2020 2:19PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ That's certainly the best chemistry joke I've seen in the last half year, and maybe even the best chemistry I've ever seen.

joined Feb 25, 2018

Just receive and read the Vol.2. Goes to Ch.14 so since it's 23 chapters i suposs last volume will be 9 chapters long.Also feature an extra with a glimpse of Shimizu's past She worked at a bookstore when she was in college and one day a HS girl come buy a Yuri, she only thought she was a fellow yuri comrade but she was in fact in love with Shimizu. Shimizu being dense, crush her hopes. Back to present where Shimizu and Maekawa where on a "date" (the extra is only after Ch.8) and by manga coincidence, Shimizu found the bookstore girl, after talking she said to Shimizu that she used to love her and the yuris comics she recommanded to her, help her for coming out. She then leave to see her girlfriend. That's a nice little extra on Shimizu's past and show she was a bit dense.

Oh, I really want to read this. It's a shame that all the bookstores are closed right now

20201202_205313
joined Jun 4, 2020

This manga is so awesome but so underrated!
Thank you Sexy Akiba Detectives for the translation.
Truly appreciate it. If I got extra pocket money, I'll definitely send you guys kofi

Or maybe you should make a patreon. It's easier to contribute there

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

mfw i learn that the manga will get a French release later this year and i already buy the english release, which lack the 3rd volume. No idea when this shit is suposs to be out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.