IttelepaC
Still Sick discussion 27 Jul 20:26
joined Feb 25, 2018

MATCHING RINGS~
What a great series, I loved it

IttelepaC
Still Sick discussion 16 Apr 19:19
joined Feb 25, 2018

Just receive and read the Vol.2. Goes to Ch.14 so since it's 23 chapters i suposs last volume will be 9 chapters long.Also feature an extra with a glimpse of Shimizu's past She worked at a bookstore when she was in college and one day a HS girl come buy a Yuri, she only thought she was a fellow yuri comrade but she was in fact in love with Shimizu. Shimizu being dense, crush her hopes. Back to present where Shimizu and Maekawa where on a "date" (the extra is only after Ch.8) and by manga coincidence, Shimizu found the bookstore girl, after talking she said to Shimizu that she used to love her and the yuris comics she recommanded to her, help her for coming out. She then leave to see her girlfriend. That's a nice little extra on Shimizu's past and show she was a bit dense.

Oh, I really want to read this. It's a shame that all the bookstores are closed right now

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 21 May 12:28
joined Feb 25, 2018

What are the chances next time they see each other Mei will be pregnant?

Zero. I don't even know why some readers are expecting het in Citrus. This arc needs to end already.

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 06 Apr 17:48
joined Feb 25, 2018

Mei isn’t that mature. She’s a scared little girl that Yuzu needs to save all the time. Their relationship will never be healthy if Mei stays the way she is now. Yuzu was really childish in the early volumes, but she’s way more mature now. She’s thinking about her future, tries her best to make the ones she loves smile. In volume 9 you can see that she’s feeling more comfortable about showing affection to Mei in public.

But now Mei needs to know what she really wants. Yuzu can’t do anything about it (to be honest, she needs a break from all this mess). At this moment, Mei is just running away from everything, she can’t even look Yuzu in the face.

last edited at Apr 6, 2018 5:51PM

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 25 Mar 21:13
joined Feb 25, 2018

I can't understand why some readers are thinking that Yuzu and Mei won't end up together. All the drama will probably be easily solved. Since this is probably the climax, Saburouta just want to make some impact. In the end, everything will be fine.

I just want to know how she will develop this arc. Some readers are expecting Shou to come back soon, but everything can happen.

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 22 Mar 14:52
joined Feb 25, 2018

Saburouta's notes in volume 9 also mentioned about their happy future. Something like ''それでは ... ふたりの幸せの未来で''. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, i hope we can see Yuzu smiling again!

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 18 Mar 10:30
joined Feb 25, 2018

If this is not the ending I cannot see this as becoming a good story. If it is the ending it is indeed a good story.

This makes no sense. Citrus is all about love, so of course Yuzu and Mei will end up together. Chapter 36 has some foreshadowing, so the drama will start to get some closing from there. You need to read Citrus all over again, because it seems you just missed some details.

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 25 Feb 16:29
joined Feb 25, 2018

One of the objective of this arranged marriage is to produce a heir

We all do recall that if Shou comes back there is an alternate path to another Aihara heir, right?

This is deus ex machina. It's Mei turn to fix all of this.

Mei needs something to trigger her decision. She forced herself to choose the Academy at first, but what will make Mei regret her decision?

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 25 Feb 15:51
joined Feb 25, 2018

@IttelepaC

What concerns me in the story is how will their family think of their relationship. remember that Mei's grandfather is sick and his last wish will be probably to see her granddaughter marry a guy from a rich and respectable family. so, how can Mei refuse that? Can she risk her grandfather's health for her love for Yuzu?

Her grandfather dislike the idea of pushing all the responsibility to Mei, but he doesn't have a choice since Shou is travelling. Shou will eventually come back (i mean, he needs to), so everything will eventually get solved.

And how will Yuzu's mother take all of this? Shou and her will technically need to divorce if they want to support Yuzu and Mei's relationship. there's gonna be a lot of sacrifices needed to make for this happy ending and it just makes me worry.

Ume is a good woman and a open minded person (just like Shou), she'll support Yuzu and Mei if this means they'll be truly happy. And also, she married Shou just to take care of Mei while he's travelling around the world to reach his ''answer''. They both agreed about this. So their parents wouldn't be a big problem.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 3:55PM

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 25 Feb 15:21
joined Feb 25, 2018

@IttelepaC

We all know everything that you have pointed out but like I said given the circumstances of their complicated relationship. the story could go differently. besides, did you read that the Japanese folks reacted positively with Mei's decision?

I do hope for a happy ending not a bittersweet ending just like title suggest "Citrus".

Yes. But there's some ways out of this conflict, i guess. Some Japanese are expecting Shou to come back (he also said something like ''wanting to reach an answer'', that's why he's travelling around the world), and there's a reason why the Manager (a good guy who knows how much Yuzu loves her partner) is the fiancé. If we put everything together, so the outcome is very obvious. But Saburouta always surprises us, so let's just wait two long months for the next chapter.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 3:21PM

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 25 Feb 15:05
joined Feb 25, 2018

The characters can end up happy, but still not with each other lol A lot of people would be happy with a Yuzu x Harumin ending at this point I bet, given how much Mei seems to be disliked. It's unlikely but would be the ultimate twist.

Damn right. I keep reading that Sabuoro Uta promised a happy ending but she didn't specifically said that Mei and Yuzu will be the endgame couple and that's why a lot of us is worried.

Harumin x Yuzu wouldn't be so bad but after what Mei and Yuzu has gotten through. it will be heartbreaking for the fans, if they don't end up together. I mean, the reason why all of us follow Citrus is because we want to see the two of them have a happy ending. We had enough Yuri manga or anime with bad endings or inconclusive endings when we don't for certain if their relationship are just a fleeting highschool romance and in time just became the butt of a joke that they still end up with a guy. it's time that we have a married yuri couple manga/anime and I'm hoping it will be Citrus. I still want to keep my hopes up after Chapter 36.

Everything about Citrus is centered around Yuzu and Mei. All the volume covers, special arts and goodies are about these two, so they're the OTP of this manga. Also, Citrus is one of the most important series of the comic Yurihime magazine and the anime is currently airing, why would someone think that Saburouta will suddenly give a bittersweet ending? She may be a troll sometimes, but she's stupid to mess up with a manga she's been doing for five years (and it's finally getting more recognition). That's why the happy ending is Yuzu and Mei together, so i guess there's no need to worry about it.

IttelepaC
Citrus discussion 25 Feb 14:46
joined Feb 25, 2018

I'm wondering why some readers are so freaked out. The happy ending is obvious. Anyone who reads this manga for more than 2 years already knows the outcome of this whole drama. Yuzu and Mei will be together again and that's it.