Forum › Still Sick discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Shimizu's the real stud.

Youmu%20shades
joined Aug 18, 2015

Any suggestions on crying? I often find myself being frustrated by the fact that I don't cry on most things most other people cry, and since this is one of these situations, often accompanied with being envious of those who do cry, so I'd want some lessons from people with more experience in the field.

I would try not to worry about it. I'm actually pretty similar, a lot of things that make others cry don't really affect me in the same way, even things I'm genuinely upset about, and at times I feel jealous or guilty for it. For the most part I only cry when listening to specific pieces of music. It doesn't even have to be sad music, just something I have a deep connection to for one reason or another. As an example, there's a certain song from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite that always gets me to cry because of how special that game is to me, and all the memories it brings back. It can suck to not be able to get the catharsis of crying over something, but it's just something that's different for everyone. Brains are weird like that.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Damn I love this manga, can't wait to see all the situations they still gotta go through. Getting married, maybe adopting some kids, seeing them right more manga, maybe a steamy nsfw chapter, mayber.....

Wait, what do you mean there's only two chapters left? A series this great couldn't end already, right?
R-right?.......

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

joined Mar 15, 2015

Just a piece of advice Shimizu-san. If you planning on spending the rest of your life, with someone, you might want to start calling her by her given name.
While I know Japan is a different culture, I still can't get my head around calling someone you're dating by their family name, especially if you get to the point you're sleeping with them. It just feels just so damn impersonal.

She did call her "Akane-san" when speaking to her father, although from what I've heard, it's generally expected to use first names+san on someone if you're talking about them with their family.

Other than that, I'll second your point about the first names. It's true that in Japan, first names are generally reserved for people who are close (although how readily people make the jump to a first-name basis depends on the series; in some series, characters might even get onto a first-name basis with people they've just met), but one would think Shimizu and Maekawa would be close enough by now.

Hhkb%20logo
joined Apr 3, 2020

I’m sad this is ending. I wanted to see more shy top Shimizu

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

shy top shimizu was actually a bottom

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just receive and read the Vol.2. Goes to Ch.14 so since it's 23 chapters i suposs last volume will be 9 chapters long.Also feature an extra with a glimpse of Shimizu's past She worked at a bookstore when she was in college and one day a HS girl come buy a Yuri, she only thought she was a fellow yuri comrade but she was in fact in love with Shimizu. Shimizu being dense, crush her hopes. Back to present where Shimizu and Maekawa where on a "date" (the extra is only after Ch.8) and by manga coincidence, Shimizu found the bookstore girl, after talking she said to Shimizu that she used to love her and the yuris comics she recommanded to her, help her for coming out. She then leave to see her girlfriend. That's a nice little extra on Shimizu's past and show she was a bit dense.

joined Jul 26, 2016

By "a bit dense" I suppose you mean "in the superactinide series"? :v

last edited at Apr 16, 2020 2:19PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ That's certainly the best chemistry joke I've seen in the last half year, and maybe even the best chemistry I've ever seen.

joined Feb 25, 2018

Just receive and read the Vol.2. Goes to Ch.14 so since it's 23 chapters i suposs last volume will be 9 chapters long.Also feature an extra with a glimpse of Shimizu's past She worked at a bookstore when she was in college and one day a HS girl come buy a Yuri, she only thought she was a fellow yuri comrade but she was in fact in love with Shimizu. Shimizu being dense, crush her hopes. Back to present where Shimizu and Maekawa where on a "date" (the extra is only after Ch.8) and by manga coincidence, Shimizu found the bookstore girl, after talking she said to Shimizu that she used to love her and the yuris comics she recommanded to her, help her for coming out. She then leave to see her girlfriend. That's a nice little extra on Shimizu's past and show she was a bit dense.

Oh, I really want to read this. It's a shame that all the bookstores are closed right now

Icon
joined Jun 4, 2020

This manga is so awesome but so underrated!
Thank you Sexy Akiba Detectives for the translation.
Truly appreciate it. If I got extra pocket money, I'll definitely send you guys kofi

Or maybe you should make a patreon. It's easier to contribute there

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

mfw i learn that the manga will get a French release later this year and i already buy the english release, which lack the 3rd volume. No idea when this shit is suposs to be out.

joined Feb 5, 2020

Thank you for the translations~
You guys give me life

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

"Yes... I am" oh don't do this to my heart ... and they made me remember the time when one of my co workers had to left and I actually cried, I was a mess xD aaah this chapter really didn't have mercy on me.

You know, I was scared. all that talk about pursuing dreams and promotions, for a moment I thought they would "give each others time" to focus on their work but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they WANT to stay together no matter what, and buy a big sofa and a big b-- ah fuck I'm crying fuck fuck

EDIT: I'M OKAY NOW! sorry haha, I waited a few minutes and then started getting all emotional again xD so I went to watch a lucky star episode first.... anyway, I'm super pleased with this, to be honest I thought it was over with the previous chapter or I really forgot there would be more, but you know what's incredible? that being the previous chapter, or this chapter, if you tell me that it ends now I would still be super satisfied thinking it was great from start to finish! in fact, I wonder how the next chapter can even compete with what we've seen already hahaha.

Thank you very much for the translation!! also the boss and the guys team they're lovable characters hahaha.

last edited at Jul 11, 2020 12:15AM

5xhzfct
joined Mar 21, 2019

Damn, that last page. That's some damn good stuff there.

Yatsude
joined Jun 27, 2014

I love this series so much.

ever noticed how unique it is that shimizu is both a womanchild and a hunk!!

No, but that's a surprisingly good description of her.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

The Manga has added entire years to my life

20200815_161932_copy_299x300_copy_280x290
joined Dec 4, 2019

I'll get that back throughly blown out-

And with that, this just became my favorite chapter

joined Jun 12, 2019

They’re so cute. I’ll be so devastated when this ends

joined Aug 21, 2017

Man I love this manga.

200124035842-812n
joined Aug 24, 2016

Still sweet uwu

Youmu%20shades
joined Aug 18, 2015

Gonna miss this one after it's over. At the same time I'm glad it isn't going to risk overstaying its welcome. This has definitely become one of my all-time favorites.

2020-01-15-22_00_11-screenshot
joined Jul 31, 2019

I like that the boss still has the same blobhead appearance from chapter 2, despite having a more important role here

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I would love to see this adapted into anime.
I'm gonna miss them so much.

Icon
joined Jun 4, 2020

I want myself a shimizu please!!!
I'm so in love with this manga. I read the official English release on kindle but SAD translation feels more alive and resonates more. Will gonna miss this so much when it ends

To reply you must either login or sign up.