Forum › Matching discussion

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Just two odd girls who express their love in their own way, nothing wrong with that! Nice RikaRen credits page, btw.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

It only comes off as creepy cause of the slightly uncanny valley art style tbh, the story itself is cute

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

The story is cute, not like the April fool's one, haha...
The only thing put me off is the art style. Their face is just so stiff like dolls, quite creepy

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

So... you’re telling me she didn’t send her a nude photo first thing in the morning!? Jokes aside, this carried over a lot of the same themes from their previous work. ‘I Beg of You’ also dabbled with the whole copying looks thing and how the characters are super straight-forward. I noticed a lot of people found this to be creepy and too artificial-like but honestly I really like it. It’s refreshing.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

Cute. I wish there were more Yuri with shoujo art style like this.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

They're basically one of those overly saccharine couples that always goes in for things like matching mugs. Except they're able to take it a lot further, because they're both girls in the same grade at the same school. It's a little bit odd and it would probably be healthier if they grew out of it, but I wouldn't call it outright creepy.

The whole "This is me monopolizing her." thing was probably more about getting the other girls to back off on criticizing her friend for doing something they both enjoyed. Owning it like that pretty effectively prevents them from bringing it back to the other girl, even if it's more of a mutual choice in reality.

Finally, the confession at the end struck me more as a realization of what was actually going on the entire time, rather than a true change in the dynamic. They were basically acting as a couple, but they never really acknowledged it to each other. Hiromi going out on a limb like that pretty much confirmed it, for both girls, but she wasn't actually sure that Yuka felt the same way, so she got scared. Yuka made sure to keep up their routine and actually verbalize their feelings.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I’m ruined ..

joined May 29, 2019

"The one being creepy is me." love it

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

Mildly creepy, I appreciate the lowkey yandere vibes in the beginning. Can't get the Friendship version out of my head tho

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

I’ve been waiting for this since April 1!! Now I can understand it

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

When I started reading this the impression of deja vu was killing me, I thought I was going crazy. And then I remembered the April's fools version...

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

They're basically one of those overly saccharine couples that always goes in for things like matching mugs. Except they're able to take it a lot further, because they're both girls in the same grade at the same school. It's a little bit odd and it would probably be healthier if they grew out of it, but I wouldn't call it outright creepy.

Yeah it’s the kind of story she’d awkwardly tell in ten years about “the time my girlfriend and I were so into each other we wore the same clothes every day”. Not something that would put her on a watchlist

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

They didn’t say they wanted to be friends even once!!! Is this story even trying to be yuri? Jk

last edited at Apr 7, 2020 12:59AM

joined Mar 20, 2020

I think the April Fools version makes more sense. Man I was hoping she was actually sending nudes every morning.

Fb_img_1586064991067~2
joined Apr 7, 2020

Aaaah this is so cuteeee i loved the art style

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

SyxThree posted:

Nice RikaRen credits page, btw.

Thanks!

SaturnX posted:

this carried over a lot of the same themes from their previous work. ‘I Beg of You’ also dabbled with the whole copying looks thing and how the characters are super straight-forward.

Just to be clear. This work was first. They wrote it for Galette 2. I Beg of You was written for Galette 4,6 and 7 respectively. So it's more either they were trying to explore the concept of copying more or they just like writing about it. Imo, they did better job on it here.

Omega Deuse posted:

The whole "This is me monopolizing her." thing was probably more about getting the other girls to back off on criticizing her friend for doing something they both enjoyed. Owning it like that pretty effectively prevents them from bringing it back to the other girl, even if it's more of a mutual choice in reality.

Finally, the confession at the end struck me more as a realization of what was actually going on the entire time, rather than a true change in the dynamic. They were basically acting as a couple, but they never really acknowledged it to each other. Hiromi going out on a limb like that pretty much confirmed it, for both girls, but she wasn't actually sure that Yuka felt the same way, so she got scared. Yuka made sure to keep up their routine and actually verbalize their feelings.

I agree pretty much with everything here. Especially considering Yuka was also secretly watching Hiromi, so by that logic, she also acted creepy. Hiromi probably felt angry her ex-friends were giving Yuka hard time for something they were doing consensually as well as bad for accidentally putting Yuka in that situation in the first place. Her emotions got the better of her, so she came off too strong, while defending Yuka and got scared that she'd just ruined their friendship relationship, that's why Yuka tried to make sure she'll come tomorrow as normal, to reassure her that nothing has changed and she feels the same way.

joined Mar 15, 2015

It's nice but I still prefer the april fools version. It was unique.

last edited at Apr 7, 2020 7:03AM

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

These two are such good friends ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I kept reading it with the April 1st dialogues going on in the back of my head

joined Jul 8, 2019

What's this troll translation? I want my pure friendship back!

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

It's weird how the joke-version was much more interesting lol.

38480014_1294573784011995_381968514128281600_n
joined Mar 29, 2017

it's just isn't the same after reading the april 1st version

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As expected, Dynasty readers prefer the obvious parody fan-fic version.

last edited at Apr 12, 2020 7:56PM

joined Oct 10, 2016

You motherfuckers, so it was not about the plot, but YOU MOTHERFUCKERS JUST-

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST CREATIVE APRIL FOOLS THING EVER

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Kudos to the joke translator for not spoiling the ending!

It is really nice they didn't spoil the ending. I thought the idea was sweet.

But the way they act though, some of dialogue and pacing did still feel creepy. Or maybe it's more the artwork? The more I re-read it, the less creepy it feels, so it might be the artwork. The joke translation didn't help with making it feel less absurd.

The meticulous copying is still slightly creepy even after multiple re-reads though. That is somewhat unsettling maybe because I could never imagine myself doing something like that or would see somebody else doing that as creepy. Same for how they just flat out state they were both watching each other as strangers without any embarrassment. Like that brutal honesty is cool, but it's also mildly creepy? Guess it just goes to show how in sync they are.

On another note, I liked how aspects of the story felt much more modern/realistic than other works, like the natural use of technology and drawing people on their phones/messing around doing whatever on page 61. Putting in attention to detail to draw those mundane acts lent it a feeling of realism.

To reply you must either login or sign up.