Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

joined Dec 5, 2019

i kept hoping izumi would tell nanaki that she's an idiot and clearly in love with kurokawa the entire time i was editing. i'm sure izumi can see it, even if nanaki can't yet...

after Nanaki told her about the friend thing, the expression on Izumi, she knows.

but it wouldn't be good for her to mention it now I guess, it's her moment of closure. I was low key rooting for Izumi actually (she's so much hotter) but there was really no buildup between the two like Nanaki and Kurokawa had

let's see if in the future our useless princess will become somewhat useful and realize what she is feeling

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Note to self: Stay out of the comment section

Y'all really kill the mood

It's . . . a comment section. People are just saying what they feel. They aren't always going to agree with you.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This chapter was hilarious. Overdramatic as hell. I should feel sorry for both of them, but the way how they talking and shouting is too funny.

suddenly screaming in her face "I CAN ONLY SEE YOU AS A FRIEND!!" killed me lmao

Yeah. Wasn't this . . . at least a little more grounded when we started >_0 I remember really loving this. 'sept the crazy gushing tears effect the artist went with.

and yeah. Them screaming these lines was kinda nuts but . . . but it. Still. Got us through this whole unrequited confessing for catharsis thing.

I guess the most interesting thing was Kanade just trying to be helpful when Fujishiro brought up this issue. I feel a lot of other stories would beat us over the head with how the character in Kanade's positioning is getting jealous but the author didn't do that.

last edited at Mar 20, 2020 7:01AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Is it just me or does this series reuse a lot of tropes from Girl Friends? Like, in this chapter, the whole passing out in the bath and being carried to the room by someone who likes you and "omg she saw everything" et cetera.

I've noticed this about some other chapters as well.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Gosh, I like Izumi, but this basic love triangle subplots should drop dead. I wasn't laughing, but through all chapter I recalled how pleasant it was reading Girl friends.

this series reuse a lot of tropes from Girl Friends?

Yeah, I have this feeling obviously too, lol.

last edited at Mar 20, 2020 7:28AM

joined Jan 15, 2015

I...cannot bring myself to care about the side characters. We spent the first 10 chapters building a relationship between the first two, and suddenly there are 2-3 more characters, there is a one-sided love plot. When do we get back to the MC's already?

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I hope Izumi doesn't become Nanaki's wing woman, that would be so unfair to her

To be rejected by having your friend desperately shout in your face that I CAN ONLY SEE YOU AS A FRIEND KUROKAWA IS MY BFF FOREVER NOTHING MORE and then she turns around and actually had feelings for kurokawa would be the biggest punch in the gut like there would be no way she could deal with that well

It would be interesting if Izumi willingly acts as the wingwoman to push both Nanaki and Kurokawa together. Ofc not right away but after things settle in more. Like giving Nanaki a little push when she really needs it.

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

Thanks, i hated it

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not like Nanaki having... strong emotional outbursts was new. At least this time nobody got hit with a school bag.

Also p sure Izumi was this close to calling bullshit on that whole painfully transparent "very best friend" thing but knew better than to agitate Nana further under the present circumstances.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Well I can appreciate the lack of ambiguity at least, she certainly told her.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

So...is she actually just straight??@chapter 21

joined May 24, 2014

What a dramatic friendzoning

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

So...is she actually just straight??@chapter 21

Nope, its just misdirection from the author. For now she realized ONLY, that she wants to be her most important person, and NOT, that she wants to push her down, tear of her clothes, and do sexy things to her. I guess, THAT realization will come in another 10-20 chapter.

(Basically, the author artificially makes the story longer this way)

last edited at Mar 20, 2020 8:51AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

What a dramatic friendzoning

Nanaki doesn't do things by halves. o3o

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

For now she realized ONLY, that she wants to be her most important person, and NOT, that she wants to push her down, tear of her clothes, and do sexy things to her. I guess, THAT realization will come in another 10-20 chapter.

So very Adachi of her.

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

Note to self: Stay out of the comment section

Y'all really kill the mood

glad it's not just me thinking that

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Good chapter but I'm tired of the Izumi arc. I would enjoy it more if these chapters were spread out between Nanaki and Kurokawa interactions.

What's interesting is that Nanaki is still blind to her feelings for Kurokawa. I thought that maybe this Izumi incident was going to make her realize it.

last edited at Mar 20, 2020 11:16AM

Letty
joined Oct 19, 2017

god fucking damnit

joined May 11, 2018

Useless

joined Feb 23, 2016

Reee!! This ch was drawn with so much intense, and that made everything so much better! I’m both glad that they sorted it out, but at the same time very sad... i wish she could have gotten a smooch at least from what we saw from the cover so that Izumi could at least be a little happy and closure .°(ಗдಗ。)°.

last edited at Mar 20, 2020 10:37AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

They are always so intense with that usual expression while their mouths open wide. I feel like they always shouting with each other. Like pls... just relax guys and speak softly.

Anyway, I hope this Izumi arc is finished. What happened to Kurokawa-Nanaki pair, huh? Truly Useless Princesses.

last edited at Mar 20, 2020 10:58AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Page 19 hit like a hammer.

Page 20 hit like a few hammers more.

(And the funniest thing is: only when I reached these two pages, I realized I'd been unconsciously identifying with Izumi all along the chapter. Duh to me.)

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Ugh! The useless lesbian, Nanaki, is lying to herself, but at least she told the truth to Izumi. Hopefully Izumi realizes that Nanaki doesn't realize her feelings/is lying to herself and Izumi helps Nanaki embrace her true feelings for Kurokawa.

last edited at Mar 20, 2020 4:04PM

joined Jun 30, 2016

Well al least she was sincere with Izumi and right off the bat reject her.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

For now she realized ONLY, that she wants to be her most important person, and NOT, that she wants to push her down, tear of her clothes, and do sexy things to her. I guess, THAT realization will come in another 10-20 chapter.

So very Adachi of her.

snort

To reply you must either login or sign up.