Forum › Posts by AnticRelict

AnticRelict
joined Jan 15, 2015
Wide

She did a stream where she read Kronii x Kronii fanfics recently, I believe this was inspired by that

AnticRelict
joined Jan 15, 2015
Ticcytx-1670508063378268163-20230618_120533

Praying that they end the season well and don't try another cliffhanger

joined Jan 15, 2015

(also since the ahoge can fall off, can you eat it?)

Actually, there is a game on itchio about filling bags of doritos with Nijika's regenerating ahoge and giving them to Ryo lol.

joined Jan 15, 2015

Well, the pacing kind of exploded a bit there, but I'm not entirely against it. Maybe the author just wanted to get to the next story beat faster, or who knows. I do look forward to seeing what comes next.

Also, are people really complaining about the pairing in this manga 13 chapters in? To not see that coming you have to not only ignore the first chapter, but the title itself makes it pretty obvious. The amount of people that come here just to complain about minor things like this is almost trolling at this point.

AnticRelict
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Jun 18:50
joined Jan 15, 2015

Boooooooo mind control bs. (At least seemingly)

AnticRelict
joined Jan 15, 2015

It feels like a doujinshi of the series.

Agreed.

joined Jan 15, 2015

Looking forward to this

joined Jan 15, 2015

LEWD

AnticRelict
Image Comments 28 Jul 06:24
joined Jan 15, 2015
38097903_p0

Isn't Asuka 28 when Mari comes around? Lol where's the age gap tag?

AnticRelict
Image Comments 04 Apr 12:56
joined Jan 15, 2015
Mekanic_ring_fit

I remember back when Sombra was being teased, people were hyping up to ship Sombra and D.va, but then suddenly Sombra was revealed to be 30, and that train derailed QUICK. Nevermind that their both adults, and FICTIONAL.

AnticRelict
joined Jan 15, 2015

I...cannot bring myself to care about the side characters. We spent the first 10 chapters building a relationship between the first two, and suddenly there are 2-3 more characters, there is a one-sided love plot. When do we get back to the MC's already?

AnticRelict
joined Jan 15, 2015

I love that the translators have been adding the Scottish versions

joined Jan 15, 2015

... and flesh it out more.

Hehehehehehhehe

joined Jan 15, 2015

So....is it just me, or did pretty much nothing of any significance happen this chapter? Just: dude shows up, inconsequential thing happens, dude leaves. The most notable thing that happened was we found out that Nagi is a mafia princess, and even that was more or less an afterthought.

AnticRelict
joined Jan 15, 2015

Chapter 25 summary:

Risako and Uta’s conversation... goes nowhere. Like many people have guessed, it’s confirmed here that Risako is Reiichi’s ex. Nothing about the cheating gets revealed, and their small talk is cut short by Uta, who says she needs to prepare for her move. Some unimportant farewell party takes place and then at the end, as Uta says goodbye to Kaoru. the latter subconsciously reaches out and holds Uta back, but Uta pulls herself out of Kaoru’s grasp and leaves.

Yikes. I'm admittedly impatient, but I'm really getting tired of how long it's taking for some of this setup to actually pay off. Seriously, the cheating thing has been around for more than half of the existing chapters, I'd at least like to see that get resolved. I feel like this stuff is really straddling the line between legit build up and just delaying the resolution.

AnticRelict
New Game discussion 17 Jul 08:18
joined Jan 15, 2015

@AvantApres

"If New Game! didn't need conflicts to be good, then why did the author add drama?"

There seems to be a confusion around 'drama' and 'conflict'; conflict is ok, and they were present in season one...In fact you pointed out several instances in one of your posts.
Like:

Do you think the Aoba vs Kou arc was well handled and good drama? If all the conflicts were all written naturally and coherently like that, then what would your opinion of the story be?

I hesitate to refer to it as 'drama', but yes, I thought the Aoba vs Kou bit was good, and resulted in positive character growth for both of them, and represented Aoba becoming more of a professional. Even if it seemed weird that a newbie like Aoba won over Kou, there was better motivivation behind the decision, in that the boss-lady feeling like Kou was stagnating. In comparison, the recent contest had a lot less motivation behind the outcome. Momiji didn't seem to have a good reason to win the contest over the two other (more experienced?) artists. And the last 20 or so pages of comments cover that, so I'll stop there.

I guess my main point is that the drama/conflict in season one is different from season two, because in season one, the conflicts came up more naturally(usually), and were generally resolved more easily, often in favor of the characters with more motivation, I.e Aoba winning over Kou because she was specifically motivated to do her best. Where as in season two, the drama around Momiji seemed pointed at making Aoba question/doubt herself, and didn't seem necessary. Then the competition comes along, and it seems like Yun has the most motivation behind winning and Momiji has the least, yet Momiji wins and there doesn't seem to be a particularly good reason.

tl; dr : in general, the conflicts in New Game were almost always resolved favorably through/for character motivation. I.e, Aoba beat Kou because she was determined. But then suddenly, in season two, there are conflicts (or at least one big one) where the outcome seemingly has nothing to do with the characters individual motivations, and it represents an unnecessary shift from the tone that was consistent throughout the rest of the story.

(P.S. I'm not sure how much sense this post makes, but meh, it's early, maybe I'll fix it later)

Edit: Apparently my memory of when events took place is off, so when I say 'season 1', just replace that with 'before Momiji was added', i guess.

last edited at Jul 17, 2019 10:25AM

AnticRelict
New Game discussion 17 Jul 00:47
joined Jan 15, 2015

@AvantApres
You seem to think your point about drama is being misunderstood. I don't think it is. You seem to be implying that New Game, a light-hearted Slice-of-life anime/manga needs drama to be considered good for some reason. If that is not what you are implying, consider rephrasing your point. If it is, then maybe don't go looking for drama themes in SoL anime/manga. You're not gonna find a lot.

(Also, I don't think you're going to find a lot of people agreeing with you, considering that the addition of drama seems to be what a number of people are citing as the reason they're losing interest.)

AnticRelict
New Game discussion 16 Jul 16:54
joined Jan 15, 2015

Yeah,I don't really like what the author is doing with this recent arc(s), it seems like they're trying to shake things up and make things more interesting, but i feel it's doing the opposite.

I don't want to outright hate on Momiji, but i think her character and her insert into the story is a big area of contention. When she was intro'd, it felt like her character solely existed to make Aoba feel insecure and doubt herself. I just feel like that, and adding a 'rivalry' between them was a pretty poor choice for a story that is primarily upbeat and positive.

AnticRelict
joined Jan 15, 2015

I can understand why this chapter changes focus, but I am still somewhat annoyed because it means there still may be one or more chapters before the actual conclusion. If I were able to read it all at once, I'm sure it would come off great, and build anticipation, but since we have to wait for release and translation, it sort of leaves me frustrated. Im thinking it might be better to just wait until the conclusion is finally out and read it all at once.