Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

Fatvhoyx0am9qa0
joined Jan 20, 2019

oh ok Komari, thank you, very cool!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

If I were Maki, I think I might have a hard time not resenting Midori's child. I know that's terrible and the child is completely innocent. However the child would be a living reminder to Midori's betrayal.

I can understand that. As for myself, I don't think I could resent the child. I would have a hard time feeling anything for them---like, they're a totally foreign entity or something.

Gonna hazard a wild guess neither of you have much firsthand experience with small children...

I do. I have 5 nieces and nephews. I love them a lot. And in real life the child's charm would probably win me over. However in Maki's position I think I would be fine most of the time, but from time to time I would look at the child and remember why they are there and get mad and/or heartbroken all over again. I know that the child has nothing to do this it, but the human heart doesn't always recognize logic.

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 5:48PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

If I were Maki, I think I might have a hard time not resenting Midori's child. I know that's terrible and the child is completely innocent. However the child would be a living reminder to Midori's betrayal.

What kind of possessive weirdo would you have to be to think your like high school sweet heart sleeping with someone else is a betrayal

This website is wild

Midori stabbed Maki in the heart. Throwing their relationship away like Maki's feelings where less than meaningless. "Well that was fun, but now it's time to stop playing around and get real boyfriends". If That's not a betrayal then I don't know what is. The child is an inderect result of the betrayal. I can not stress enough that, it's not the child's fault, but what the brain knows and what the heart feels are often at odds with one another.

joined Jul 26, 2016

To quote myself from earlier, "that's a way of looking at it."

joined Apr 6, 2019

Am I the only one wondering how come Komari's parents are so easily and enthusiastically accepting of Maki and Midori? It can't be just me...

Your high school kid (who is about 17 years old) invites two "friends she met online" to your house, and these two friends turn out to be two adults in their late twenties. This gotta trigger some alarms! Wouldn't you feel at least a little bit worried?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Am I the only one wondering how come Komari's parents are so easily and enthusiastically accepting of Maki and Midori? It can't be just me...

Your high school kid (who is about 17 years old) invites two "friends she met online" to your house, and these two friends turn out to be two adults in their late twenties. This gotta trigger some alarms! Wouldn't you feel at least a little bit worried?

It's a little weird but not impossible. Literally happened to me back in 2000. I went to meet and stay with my friend I'd met online in 1999. I was 21 and she was 17. Granted her mother was a horrible parent but still, it can happen.

joined Sep 13, 2018

This is pretty much Midori's character setting.

And it's kind of a major theme in the story how that isn't good for anyone.

Eh, fair enough, though I dunno if 'stepford smiler' is exactly applicable.Rather than maintaining some facade that she's 'perfect' or w/e, she's just a traumatized gay woman dealing with comphet, which I feel like the story is working to her dealing with properly. Like she did just go off for a three day vacation with the woman that makes her authentically happy and we've seen progress on her behalf.

"i'm sorry but if you know you want to fit society's "rules" and get the "D" you DON'T date a girl, make her believe you love her and then dump her."

Have you heard of Class S relationships? Girls having a homoromantic relationship in high school as "training wheels for real relationships" is a whole social script in Japan.

Thank god someone else brought up Class S shit, I felt like I was the only one keenly recognizing it. Like c'mon y'all, why do you think the yuri is like 70% about school girls?

Mostly because she could get with Maki not necessarily because she knows that's what she wants and it would make her happy, but rather because her situation with the boyfriend is just so extremely and obviously horrible, even someone who's typically passive would leave.

Although that's maybe where we're going? Maki IS very convenient for her right now, so maybe the drama's gonna be forcing herself to actually confront the question of whether or not she's talking advantage of Maki's feelings.

Maki's convenient for her, sure, but it's very clear that Midori is still reticent to leave the guy who hit her. She's in a crossroads and given a lot of the story's emphasized 'Wow Midori is authentically happy with Maki and she's slowly coming to realize she's not going to get this with Tazune', it reads to me pretty clear where it's going. They'll likely have a talk about it though, when it comes to Midori actually ending her shit with Tazune and working with Maki.

It doesn't seem too odd, esp because they might not know Maki and Midori's ages. Plus I think Komari's like 18 or something too. I knew some 26 and 25 year olds when I was like, 14. Dunno if my parents would let them come over, but eh, small communities like Komari's can either be very trusting and tight knit Or very suspicious and wary. Not too bad to say it's the former.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"c'mon y'all, why do you think the yuri is like 70% about school girls?"

FOR MANY REASONS. :p

"High school is the age of freedom, before being crushed by Japanese jobs", "seinen readers have schoolgirl fetishes/aren't threatened by younger women"; "'first love' stories are easier in high school than at adult ages"; "adult readers can identify with teens more than teen readers can identify with adults", and oh yeah "Class S means school yuri is okay but adult yuri is icky AND that's a trope we can see families pushing in more serious yuri".

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

the most bizarre thing about this whole MIDORI'S BETRAYAL bs take is like......... did none of you say accidentally super hurtful stuff to your HS-age gfs/bfs. bc i know i did!! and had horrible things said to me! and you grow up and accept its bc teenagers are dumb.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Hey, did you know that the author know about this translation?

Speaking of which, it seemed that Kakeochi was illegally uploaded overseas, so I looked into it and laughed. Even handwritten characters are in English. "Run Away With Me, Girl."

OOF

last edited at Mar 17, 2020 9:22AM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Speaking of which, it seemed that Kakeochi was illegally uploaded overseas, so I looked into it and laughed. Even handwritten characters are in English. "Run Away With Me, Girl."

OOF

That a good thing or a bad thing...?

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Yes."

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It just means that she personally doesn't care, or is even a little proud that her work is translated. It doesn't mean her editor will do anything about the translation. Though I rarely heard about a Japanese editor making a C&D to a foreign site for a confidential manga. Maybe for some huge franchise, like Naruto, Boruto, One Piece, etc...

The more likely to make a fuss about an "illegal" translation are western editors who paid for the rights to publish it.

last edited at Mar 17, 2020 3:47PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

OOF

I think they were laughing because they shocked and impressed about the amount of dedication and effort put into the translation of the manga, especially since "even the handwritten characters were written in English," which shows an extra amount of effort. In addition, they also liked the translated title.

last edited at Mar 17, 2020 5:14PM

joined May 1, 2013

Wait, Komari's 17? I thought she was early 20s.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ We know Komari is in high school. We don't know (afaicr) which year in high school, so we can't pinpoint her exact age. But now that we have seen her, and know what she looks like, seventeen seems a reasonable guess.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Oh no, an angsty situation of lying to people in a yuri manga, whatever shall we do?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ disgruntled voice: Be disgruntled, I guess?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

^^ Are you referring to Komari's lying to her bf? Because, if that's it, I seriously doubt anyone in this sanctuary of yuri gives a rat's ass about that dude.

joined Jul 26, 2016

^^ Are you referring to Komari's lying to her bf? Because, if that's it, I seriously doubt anyone in this sanctuary of yuri gives a rat's ass about that dude.

TBF to the lad so far as we know he's basically getting the raw deal through no fault of his own.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

TBF to the lad so far as we know he's basically getting the raw deal through no fault of his own.

I know. It's just his bad luck that he's in a yuri manga, and most likely won't get any sympathy from the readers.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I know. It's just his bad luck that he's in a yuri manga, and most likely won't get any sympathy from the readers.

Currently, the guy doesn't seem to have much in the way of qualities, either negative or positive, so, even if I felt like actually participating in the discussion, I'd probably just ignore that guy.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Know exactly about that lying and hiding in the closet..

joined Mar 29, 2019

Welp, back to heteroreality!

Surprises in store.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

CAN NOT WAIT 4 MORE

To reply you must either login or sign up.