Yuki- Hat girl with an unlucky sprain
Kurumi- Twintails girl
Rii- The one in the last page
Miki- Blond girl

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Apparently that zombie Yuuri runs into was the psychopath chick from the college arc. I figured she was someone we knew since she gets a close up and Rii imagines her crushing Ruu's skull, but didn't remember at all until someone point it out.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Please put the pages in the correct order

Apparently that zombie Yuuri runs into was the psychopath chick from the college arc

How the fuck did it get to their old school?

last edited at Oct 23, 2019 8:28PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Please put the pages in the correct order

Apparently that zombie Yuuri runs into was the psychopath chick from the college arc

How the fuck did it get to their old school?

They've said that the zombies seem to be drawn toward places that they have strong memories of, also we've been shown that some zombied people retain some modicum of their sanity for a while even after changing, so apparently she really really wanted to be there?

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

They've said that the zombies seem to be drawn toward places that they have strong memories of, also we've been shown that some zombied people retain some modicum of their sanity for a while even after changing, so apparently she really really wanted to be there?

Did she even go to that school? They ran into her at the university.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Did she even go to that school? They ran into her at the university.

After killing that guy who was about to turn, she stole a car (end of ch54). She left the university, because she's "gotten bored of these gloomy expressions" (read: people). After driving around and feeling special for a while, the car broke down with a loud bang, trying to restart it only had the engines gurgle and she was quickly surrounded by zombies.

From the text it's unclear where she was heading, but she knew about the main group, was around when they were interviewed about their past, learned about the aerial infection and rumors about a cure, in connection with our main characters... So, maybe when she got infected, as she was trying to escape the car, in her frenzied state ("But... I'm choooooseeeen!") she made a false-but-right connection and went to the school, looking for an antidote / cure against the virus, turning on the way and her last coherent thought kept her on her path and stuck around the school.

...but, yeah, I had to go back and read up on several chapters again to piece that together. From her character and what we know she knew, I'd say my narrative is a good bet. But just like the main characters, we'll probably never know for sure..

...Oh, and I finally found her name. Ayaka.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

The last chapter is coming November 22nd

...wait. Damn.
How are the many dangling threads and clues and questions to be resolved in such short time!? ;_;

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

...wait. Damn.
How are the many dangling threads and clues and questions to be resolved in such short time!? ;_;

Well, Kyuubi ;) , I imagine it will be like many that have long drawn out developments and quick ends--it will be total crap!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

...wait. Damn.

Well, Kyuubi ;) , I imagine it will be like many that have long drawn out developments and quick ends--it will be total crap!

Ok. That actually makes me mad though, I've invested a lot of time and emotions in this series and I can't believe it would end just like that, after years of reading it.

I'm guessing it'll end with all of them dying because of the nuclear bomb or suddenly being saved by Randall, which is sadly the less likely ending of this story

Also Yuuri might die now because of that

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 12:48AM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I'm not ready yet to feel mad or disappointed.
The story started with an interesting twist and bang, might end in a similarily surprising / engaging fashion.

I could go as well into all the disappointing ways the story might end, but for now I'll keep my fingers crossed, the author(s) will come up with something good and unexpected. It might feel rushed with only one(?) more chapter left, but may as well be fulfilling. Even if characters died, it could still leave the sensation of having been worth the ride...
I invested quite some time and emotions into this story as well, trying to figure out how all the breadcrumbs from the early chapters and ongoing could fit together, attempting my own theories and speculations, so I am HOPING that at least some of that will pay off.
So, I rather wait and see than draw conclusions and make myself unhappy before the reveal...

Am just now hearing that the series is ending this month. Am hoping that the last chapter is longer than usual chapter's & won't be a rush job.

joined Feb 15, 2013

The ending was pretty ok, considering recent melodramatic final arc. And have only 1 chapter to finish loose end

The gay front hit a bit of a rough part, hinting Rii to be straight and Miki to stay single after time skip. My fan shipping leaves it all to Kurumi x Yuki though, considering they are still staying around the same area.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

The ending was pretty ok, considering recent melodramatic final arc. And have only 1 chapter to finish loose end

The gay front hit a bit of a rough part, hinting Rii to be straight and Miki to stay single after time skip. My fan shipping leaves it all to Kurumi x Yuki though, considering they are still staying around the same area.

Yuki is in a committed relationship with hallucination Megu-nee.

joined Mar 11, 2020

Oh dear heavens, chapter 30 just really yanks on your feels. RIP Kei

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Huh. You know, I really wondered if the author was gonna have a 'kill 'em all' ending.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Yuki is in a committed relationship with hallucination Megu-nee.

QFT.

...with Kurumi in the group of people Yuuki had halluzinations of, I got really scared for her for a moment.

But, yeah, I, too, feel a tad queer-baited. Not too bad, though. Other than Miki, nothing else was ever outright text. And she's playing lone-wolf now. Can live with that... (and, there's still there's doujin-land.)

Part of me wished things had ended in a more ..."clever" fashion. I still feel there was a loooot implied and hinted at (untold stories and connections) that never quite payed off. But I guess, Yuuki and her emotional call saving the world (for all the gang and others experienced and survived together, and the ones they lost) is a fitting ending in its own right. Her wearing the cross gave me goosebumps, tho. (It kinda makes her look like a nun... but if she's in a relationship with a 'spirit', that would kinda make sense, I guess *lol*)

...still a way better ending than Lost. XD

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I would had liked to see the battle at the randell corporation more in detail. So like, did they cure all the zombies or just the disease? I feel it ended a little abruptly.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Hmm was hoping to see Yuuki taking a more serious job than a teacher, somewhere important that make affects the world, creates this contrast from her school mad dreamy self to someone serious.
Who's attacking Randell Corporation, US Navy?

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

And so it comes to an end...
I had thought more would happen in this final arc (more deaths, probably, and a bit more development) but the final chapter and author's notes hit my heart. Seeing Yuki become a teacher really pulls at the heartstrings

joined Jun 30, 2016

Amazing, i love it! im so glad it ended with a happy ending!

joined Jun 30, 2016

Hmm was hoping to see Yuuki taking a more serious job than a teacher, somewhere important that make affects the world, creates this contrast from her school mad dreamy self to someone serious.
Who's attacking Randell Corporation, US Navy?

Read the chapter again, Randell was divided in two groups, they were fighting each other.

joined May 8, 2014

while reading the last chapter I was praying that they wouldn't pull a chapter 1, where everything turned out to be a hallucination (either by Yuki or the little girl). Like eveyone did die. Since the setup was similar to the first chapter

98215939-256-k878925
joined Apr 9, 2020

Im happy now they didnt die ;w;

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Wow what a journey! I've thoroughly enjoyed this manga from start to finish. Now I'm left with these bittersweet feelings - a bit sad that it's over but so glad all four of them made it through and that there's a future for all the survivors ^_^

To reply you must either login or sign up.