Forum › You are totally in love with me, aren't you? discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Well this must be the least oblivious MC in a while.

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

Just normal

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Just normal.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

She isn't weirdo, she is only a tsundere, tsun tsun

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

...Or what would happen if all the Kirara MC had realistic awareness

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I'm imagining her saying betsuni like a tsundere does in anime. This is hilarious though.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This gotta be the most transparent, easy-to-read tsundere in history.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I'm imagining her saying betsuni like a tsundere does in anime. This is hilarious though.

Is that what she says in Japanese? "Betsu ni"?

I dunno if "just normal" is a good translation, then. I usually see "betsu ni" translated in anime subtitles as "nothing in particular" or "nothing much" or "not really" or "nothing special" or sometimes "it doesn't make a difference" or "it doesn't matter".

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The two of them are pretty much like that.

60337920_p6
joined Nov 14, 2014

I suspect my c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶h̶o̶o̶d̶ friend might be lesbian or a slightly weird..

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

I'm pretty sure what's happened here is that the MC has picked up on her friends feelings via projection. That is, she's in love with the friend, but doesn't realize it/is in denial over it and hence is projecting that her friend is in love with her. This so happens to be correct, but the MC's friend is sort of aware that she is projecting and hence is not confident enough to be honest about her own feelings towards the MC.

Then again maybe this analysis is far too sophisticated for this manga. Not to mention, not entirely sure that I managed to make sense with this post. :V

last edited at Mar 4, 2020 3:20PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

obssesednuker posted:

I'm pretty sure what's happened here is that the MC has picked up on her friends feelings via projection. That is, she's in love with the friend, but doesn't realize it/is in denial over it and hence is projecting that her friend is in love with her. This so happens to be correct, but the MC's friend is sort of aware that she is projecting and hence is not confident enough to be honest about her own feelings towards the MC.

Then again maybe this analysis is far too sophisticated for this manga. Not to mention, not entirely sure that I managed to make sense with this post. :V

That would be a good plottwist but it's gonna hurt a lot if that's the case but she was wrong about it...

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

So cute my mouth is full of sugar

joined May 31, 2013

I dunno if "just normal" is a good translation, then. I usually see "betsu ni" translated in anime subtitles as "nothing in particular" or "nothing much" or "not really" or "nothing special" or sometimes "it doesn't make a difference" or "it doesn't matter".

She says 普通 (Futsuu), which translates literally to "Normal". The first time she says it is as a reply to "You like me a lot", so it's more like "Not a lot, just normal".

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I suspect she's rather trying to play it cool with a "futsuu".

edit: Ah, beaten to it already with a confirmation. ^_^

last edited at Mar 4, 2020 3:51PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"Futsuu" makes more sense, I agree.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

subadubdub. looking forward to more!

joined May 1, 2015

Normal girls being normal. Nothing to see here.

Cerberus_pikomarie-supersmall
joined Feb 27, 2019

...kuudere?

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Just normal

joined Oct 2, 2019

just normal

joined Jan 11, 2019

She loves her just a normal amount.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well she is definitely not normal...
She is
GAY
And the MC knows it! She’s just trying to get her to admit it (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Remember, that is normal too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.