Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

(ɔ˘ ³(ˆ◡ˆc) Can we just talk about the little blue alien and lil Shinamura making more progress and there’s so much younger.
Dat for me made it worth staying up (Hopefully we get to see Shinamura point of you soon)

Well this novel did a really good job giving progress to all couples except Adachi and Shimamura. Lol

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

(ɔ˘ ³(ˆ◡ˆc) Can we just talk about the little blue alien and lil Shinamura making more progress and there’s so much younger.
Dat for me made it worth staying up (Hopefully we get to see Shinamura point of you soon)

Well this novel did a really good job giving progress to all couples except Adachi and Shimamura. Lol

That always happen, the sidecouples always have better progress than the main pair. Personally i never really like this.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I'll cut the author some slack in this case because one of the side pairs has known each other for ages and the other is made of kids and not meant to be truly serious.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'll cut the author some slack in this case because one of the side pairs has known each other for ages and the other is made of kids and not meant to be truly serious.

Anyway, like I said i didn't read itso i don't really care.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

I'm the only one to skip the bonus story at the end of chapters ? Not that I hate the characters but I can't bring myself to read those stories.

I relate, I skip these, too. Not that I dislike the characters, but I‘m just not interested in seeing Yachi’s and Shou‘s as well as Nagafuji‘s and Hino‘s relationship. I‘m just all here for reading how AdaShima progresses in their relationship.

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 9:34AM

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I loved Adachi the whole way through, but wow did I feel her in this chapter. She had a line like “I felt like a puzzle piece that doesn’t fit”. Girl. Been. There.

This may be a little personal but I’ve been in this exact situation with my best friend. Moving away across the country, we had two months before they left. Despite it making sense that we get a big group together, it always felt wrong when it wasn’t just the two of us.

And that was platonic. This girl is romantically interested.

I love her. I want her to succeed in everything she does.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Think she needs to try more than just one day before writing off the rest of humanity or just try a find some hobbies to make her world not completely Shimamura.

I read the Nagafuji and Hino extras, because Nagafuji is one of the best things ever. Pass of the Yashiro ones though.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Adachi screaming out her feelings for Shimamura. That's heavy.
And I could not have been more delighted when I tapped next and there's the image of Adachi on her bike all flushed with emotion. What a scene.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Pass of the Yashiro ones though.

You don't read these for Yashiro. You read these for Shou.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Will the author ever grace us with Shimamura imouto's actual name though?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Hopefully. To date he has not yet done so.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Do we know if he’s still planning on writing more? It’s been a while since volume 8 with no updates AFAIK

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I would assume so, I think sneikk or another Japanese reading/speaking person would have already blown up the thread here if a cancellation had been announced. He seemed to release pretty regularly every 6-10 months, prior to volume 8. That one wasn't published until almost 3 years after volume 7 I think. Here's hoping it will pick up in pace again now that he's got all this American licensing going on.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I'm the only one to skip the bonus story at the end of chapters ? Not that I hate the characters but I can't bring myself to read those stories.

Erm. I didn't at first. Then I started to "read them later." But I'm sure I forgot to go back and read one or two of them.

I like the side characters except the blue haired one. I'm usually fine with side characters. I don't find them more interesting then the main pair in this case but I often do in other stories.

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-vijden3cpybzpq
joined Feb 27, 2020

what i thought her name was shou

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Do we know if he’s still planning on writing more? It’s been a while since volume 8 with no updates AFAIK

Considering the gap between volume 7 and 8 was 2 and a half years (holy shit), it could potentially take that long again, though with the anime coming I doubt that, so I am putting my money for the next volume to release around then.

I am also guessing he took that long between volumes since he was also working on the Yagakimi Sayaka spin-off novels.

on the other subject, I was reading the Shou/Yashiro and Nagafuji/Hino stories up until volume 4 but I didn't feel like reading them during this volume after how the AdaShima chapters were going, maybe will read the later while waiting for the next chapter.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

That is not her real name, it's a nickname of unknown random origin given by Yashiro. Her official given name has never yet been provided.

Edit to add: Also I personally now enjoy the little deviations from the main story with the two "side couples". I hated Yashiro in the beginning because she seemed out of place with her space alien nonsense in an otherwise "normal" world setting, and was utterly obnoxiously disruptive to the "yuri dynamic" we were wanting to watch happen between AdaShima in the main story. Now that she's been mostly relegated to a background and side character, she's fine.

I physically laughed out loud in the previous chapter when Hino groused at Nagafuji to keep still because she could feel her tits rolling on top of her head. Don't you hate it when you end up with a bad case of Rolling Head Tititis?

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 1:02PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

It's just what Yashiro calls her, "Shou" is kinda like "Junior" in Japanese.

joined Oct 5, 2016

One thing I'm hoping for long term is for a little crossover in the side stories. Like it would be just delightful to have a scene of the other girls talking about just what is the deal with adachi and shinamura exactly. Or for shinamura to start noticing that her little sister is acting a lot like someone with a crush and what her reaction to that would be.

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-vijden3cpybzpq
joined Feb 27, 2020

It's just what Yashiro calls her, "Shou" is kinda like "Junior" in Japanese.

ahh thanks for the clarification, in that case im super interested to see if her first name is as unique as shima's

joined Apr 23, 2015

That is not her real name, it's a nickname of unknown random origin given by Yashiro. Her official given name has never yet been provided.

Edit to add: Also I personally now enjoy the little deviations from the main story with the two "side couples". I hated Yashiro in the beginning because she seemed out of place with her space alien nonsense in an otherwise "normal" world setting, and was utterly obnoxiously disruptive to the "yuri dynamic" we were wanting to watch happen between AdaShima in the main story. Now that she's been mostly relegated to a background and side character, she's fine.

I'm just not getting anything from her presence so far aside for boredom. Plus she resembles a moe blob character and I find those pretty annoying. At least when she had the helmet on I didn't have to put up with that "visual." and that's just in text. Then there is the anime . . . (manga too of course)

I hold out that there may be some pay off for putting up with her though.

Edit: But "that is just, like, my opinion bro." It's perfectly fine if other people like her and I have put up with moe blob anime for the sake of yuri. Lucky Star for example, though it was only subtext.

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 2:55PM

Kozakuramin%20copy%20(phone)
joined Jul 6, 2018

Are all of these works in the afterword written by him?

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Are all of these works in the afterword written by him?

They are.

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 5:06PM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

One thing I'm hoping for long term is for a little crossover in the side stories. Like it would be just delightful to have a scene of the other girls talking about just what is the deal with adachi and shinamura exactly. Or for shinamura to start noticing that her little sister is acting a lot like someone with a crush and what her reaction to that would be.

Or for Shimamura to love Adachi.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Think she needs to try more than just one day before writing off the rest of humanity or just try a find some hobbies to make her world not completely Shimamura.

I think she will find a balance.

Been wondering about the fact that Adachi is already part of the work force at that funktastic restaurant. What kind of tips do you think she gets?
What kind of tip would you leave her?
A. 15-20 percent of the bill.
B. No tip.
C. All the money.
D. All of some elses money.
E. Shimamura.

To reply you must either login or sign up.