Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

tfw some people would jump to the defense of a previously-incel turned probable-cheating wife-beater that regularly insulted his "lover" even before this.

Yes, exactly that. I'm amazed some commenters are talking as if the events in this chapter caught them by surprise. It was so freaking obvious violence was the next step. This guy is like a textbook abuser: started nice and gentle, moved on to verbal abuse, controlling behavior, embarrassing her in front of her friends and coworkers to further alienate her from them... we already had the whole range of psychological coercive tactics, everything checked out five by five. The time was right for that brutal blow to the face that busted her nose and lips and knocked her to the floor -- a move that should terrify her and teach her not to talk back when her man lays down the law! That's Tonoike Tazune for you: nobody special, just your everyday garden-variety patriarchal abuser.

Good point that those peepz who defended Tazune before don't even have the excuse that he was exceptional in some way, a unique villain impossible to predict. "You're stupid, you're ignorant, every time we discuss I win, so stop wasting my time and start doing what I tell you without talking back. I said shut up, your inane prattle annoys me. Oh, you're still talking back? WHAM!" Happened a zillion times before with other couples with similar relationships. Same pattern, same words. Really, anyone could've seen it coming.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 1:43PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Well, this series is going the “Gunjo” route. This is going to be painful to read...

joined Oct 19, 2019

Nobody force you to read them thought.

And nobody forces anyone to read this manga.

joined Jun 29, 2015

Well, this series is going the “Gunjo” route. This is going to be painful to read...

gunjo is a entirely different animal...

joined Sep 13, 2018

I don't mean idiot in a bad term here. She is a sympathic idiot. She do stupid things but that purely because she thought she will be happy. She is very naïve.

Is she even naïve though? Like think of it like this for a second. Everyone in your life tells you that in order to be happy and to belong in society you've got to... I don't know, basically only watch live action stuff for your media. A weird and very different topic in terms of severity, but hopefully a bunch of people who read yuri manga can relate. They can acknowledge in a de facto manor however, that as a kid you might not just like live action media, you like animated media too, sometimes you only really watch animated media. When you grow up though, you've got to grow up, which means no more of that stuff only live action from here on out. You look around too and some of your peers haven't seen an animated piece of media since they were 13, some proudly boasting and loving some recent live action movie released. You might still like animated media, but part of you is going to be saying "Well. I'm an adult now. All of those other adults seem to be able to ignore animated stuff. Some love those live action films too, so I've got to be like them or else I can't even talk to them and belong." And that last thing might especially sting, we're generally social creatures and crave some sense of belonging after all, god forbid you have a deeper psychological need for it because of whatever reason. So eventually, after giving up animated stuff (that you still liked and still think of) and being unable to find something for so long to even talk about with your peers well into your adulthood, you find something that at least resonates with you to get you watching it. The issue is, it's not good even if you're invested, but on top of youe own feelings everyone else is talking about how it's a good show/movie so you nod your head and smile slowly letting yourself become further invested in it even if you really don't like it because you want to belong. Of course there's also an animated show that lights you up, its fun, interesting, you actually really enjoy it, but you can never talk about it, god forbid it get you alienated from your peers. Are you really naïve because you just stomach media you don't really like for the sake of maybe this being happiness that everyone else has or the notion that you'll be happy like everyone else one day or at you just a sad part of a society wide issue?

The analogy doesn't hold up perfectly of course, media can't abuse you. It can't dig its hold into you and hold you there with unbalanced power dynamics. Midori is just a sad victim of both personal abuse and societal wide compulsory heterosexuality. Hell for all she knew Maki was going to be like she was, wanting to move on and belong in a difficult world. It didn't have any malice because Maki was going to grow up like she was growing up and forget all about this love that's not really accepted but quietly allowed in the youth of girls in Midori's head. It's why she was so fine with reliving them in chapter 1, I imagine. It's all just reminiscing about silly stuff they did while kids. It's a tragedy of societal wide compulsory heterosexuality and that just seems clear as day to me. Not naivety, but a sad reality for so many women and it's why I like this series a lot.

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

This mangaka has gone and done THE WORST FUCKING THING that they could do for me. The mangaka has decided an antagonist, who most likely will never have any kind of redemption arc or reason to care about in any way, a back story to explain why he does the shitty, horrible, dirtbag bullshit he does. NEWS FLASH WRITER: WE DON'T CARE! The character is an outright shitbag, and we don't want to story to focus on him AT ALL. Literally nothing he does will change our opinions of him at this point, and solidifying his shittyness with a backstory like this, will only lose you readers. NOTE TO FUTURE/CURRENT WRITERS: DON'T DO THIS. It is a complete waste of our time. I didn't finish this chapter, and will not be reading any more of this manga. The art is lovely, but the writing needs a lot of work.

Sorry for the rant, but holy shit this is a major pet peeve of mine.

I actually like three-dimensional villains. I'm weird that way.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 10:29AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Nobody force you to read them thought.

And nobody forces anyone to read this manga.

And nobody force you do to anything anyway. We can go a long way on that.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

What in the world are people cheering for someone who just show domestical abuse ? Even if she is an idiot, Midori doesn't deserve any of this Nobody should deserve to be victim of domestical abuse Can't believe those comments as still here. The thing is remain doubtful is that mister Shitty Husband will face any consequences of that. So far i don't see anything screaming good end.

You gotta be clueless if you think I am defending domestic abuse. I just said, when the show goes the deep end this much there is only 1 thing left to do and that is shitpost

joined Apr 29, 2018

meh. can we go back to the REAL main character, author? i'm starting to miss maki.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 11:04AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Let's keep her.

Waste the dude.

joined Sep 13, 2018

You gotta be clueless if you think I am defending domestic abuse. I just said, when the show goes the deep end this much there is only 1 thing left to do and that is shitpost

Given someone was complaining about people saying incel because its a "buzzword" and people have said "midori deserves him" is it really that much of a reach to assume yeah someone would root for a domestic abuser?

Also how's did it go to the deep end 'this much'? Its just a pretty realistic portrayal of abuse.

joined Apr 29, 2018

i think i have a problem for liking this manga so far...

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

Tazune is based as fuck and Midori deserves everything that's coming to her. Maybe,just maybe Midori will grow into a competent human being by the end. But i'll remain doubtful.
https://i.postimg.cc/PrmG8Mqx/1562336533983.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bvKrwTJT/7122142-mio-2.jpg

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I was hoping to see comments about people reeling about the newest chapter but it's a shitshow for some reason? I thought people would want to kill Tazune as much as I do but I guess not.

joined May 11, 2015

take her and RUN away

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

tazune's backstory ain't even thought out well
"oh boo hoo, he got made fun of by some girls." who caaaaares lmao
i'm thinking the mangaka included that just to solidify what a shitbag he is

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 12:31PM

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Good chapter, shows Tazune has always been a piece of shit

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Tazune may not have been a piece of shit to begin with, I mean, he was just a kid, but he chose a path in life that he could just have easily not and BECAME a piece of shit. He's still stuck in his past, crying and seething over how he was teased as a kid and basically living his life as petty revenge.

Instead of growing up, past, and from it all, instead he wallows in the filth and regresses further into shitty trash status every day. Zero sympathy, hope he gets a painful wake up call.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Very rough chapter... Hopefully the incel gets the Lorena Bobbitt Special, but at least now we know he's scum that isn't worth considering at all (we kind of knew already). I wonder what will happen with the baby, though? I could see the the two protagonists raising it together, but I'm also getting abortion vibes.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 1:53PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

You don't actually understand how any of this works do you.

joined Feb 20, 2015

i'm thinking the mangaka included that just to solidify what a shitbag he is

That probably was the reason. They showed him getting bullied to show why he hates women, and then showed how he has no respect for women since they were all over him once they decided he was hot. But it's not like Midori was after him for that reason, so it almost seems like a pointless addition. The author obviously thought it wasn't enough, since he had him punch her right in the face. I don't know where the story is going, but it eliminates any tension about her decision to leave him or not. It's also building up to get worse before it gets better, which means the story is going to be more about Tazune, who no one wants to read about, than the "main characters".

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I was hoping to see comments about people reeling about the newest chapter but it's a shitshow for some reason? I thought people would want to kill Tazune as much as I do but I guess not.

I daresay the vast majority of the readers wants to kill Tazune as much as you do, and wishes for Maki and Midori to be happy together. The problem is the very vocal minority of Tazune devotees. It's always the same thing in these threads. Have you read "Childhood Friend Yuri" by Garun? It's about a girl who falls for her trans friend and the two become a yuri couple. Well, most people who read the story loved it... but a small minority of transphobic sickos flooded the thread with hate messages, and forced Nezchan to intervene and delete all that crap. (And there were pages of it!)

Here, we have a small number of peepz shitting bricks of text to explain that Tazune's abusive behavior towards his woman (verbal abuse, emotional abuse, public humiliation, and now physical violence too) is okay because "that bitch deserves it." >_< Sigh. Il faut de tout pour faire un monde, I guess — or a forum.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Impressive, you just proved the point it was trying to make.

Instead of growing up, past, and from it all, instead (s)he wallows in the filth and regresses further into shitty trash status every day. Zero sympathy, hope (s)he gets a painful wake up call.

Actually amazing how you can insert Midori here and it still works

Also how's did it go to the deep end 'this much'? Its just a pretty realistic portrayal of abuse.

If this is realistic then I guess humanity is more doomed than I thought it to be

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

If this is realistic then I guess humanity is more doomed than I thought it to be

But than it becomes less doomed than what the possibility that this is realistic portrayal of abuse seems to suggest is that most people in the World aren't abusive. There are more than there should be (which, let's be honest, even if there was a single abusive person in the entire Universe, that would still hold true), but they are nonetheless a small number.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, author gave him a backstory for being a douche.

Doesn't make him any more sympathetic. He's still a douche.

To reply you must either login or sign up.