Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

joined Jun 12, 2019

Thought that we were getting more progress

last edited at Feb 5, 2020 11:26AM

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

Meh... what about more development between Koguma and Hino than another joke about pantsu colors, author-san?

I am pretty sure I am going to die from old age before they become lovers.

Fans expecting Koguma and Hino to become lovers it's like expecting Yuzu and Mei to have sex ;-;

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So here's a question for the progress junkies: how exactly do you foresee this series actually working if Koguma and Hino became an acknowledged yuri couple?

The dynamic so far, obviously, is that Hino fairly ruthlessly teases Koguma in a variety of ways. This is a time-honored courtship strategy (sometimes known as "first ruffle their feathers, then smooth them down").

How would this faux-adversarial dynamic come off between an established couple? (I can just imagine all the posts castigating Hino for being psychologically and emotionally abusive to her partner.)

Or is it a desire to move ahead to full-dress dom-sub play?

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So here's a question for the progress junkies: how exactly do you foresee this series actually working if Koguma and Hino became an acknowledged yuri couple?

The dynamic so far, obviously, is that Hino fairly ruthlessly teases Koguma in a variety of ways. This is a time-honored courtship strategy (sometimes known as "first ruffle their feathers, then smooth them down").

How would this faux-adversarial dynamic come off between an established couple? (I can just imagine all the posts castigating Hino for being psychologically and emotionally abusive to her partner.)

I mean, there are more avenues for progress than just becoming a couple. Personally, the type of progress I'd like to see is just having them get to know each other better. At the moment, they're like flirty acquaintances. Which is fine, of course, and I enjoy the series as is, but I think it could be even better if they added a bit of depth to the pair's relationship.

Take, for example, the hinted at ex-girlfriend of Hino-san, and whatever issues that may come along with that. It'd be really, really nice to see her talk about that with Koguma, and I'm sure the author could cover that topic without compromising the playful, teasing nature of their relationship.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Meh... what about more development between Koguma and Hino than another joke about pantsu colors, author-san?

I am pretty sure I am going to die from old age before they become lovers.

Fans expecting Koguma and Hino to become lovers it's like expecting Yuzu and Mei to have sex ;-;

You don't need to say that cold truth, it already hurt ):

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Maybe not progress but at least some mental confirmation:

Koguma - (In her bed) "I want to be closer to Hino-San... Maybe being more than friends and doing "something" could be good... (Extreme blushing) WHAT AM I THINKING!"

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

It never gets old <3 I wish this series could last forever <3333

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe not progress but at least some mental confirmation:

Koguma - (In her bed) "I want to be closer to Hino-San... Maybe being more than friends and doing "something" could be good... (Extreme blushing) WHAT AM I THINKING!"

Fair enough, although truth be told I’d prefer more insight into Hino’s state of mind. We’ve had some, but I feel like I have a clearer sense of what Koguma wants to happen going forward than with Hino.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed with Koguma in this chapter, though. When Hino is unmotivated, you obviously use the motivation button.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ I agree there totally - we have a fairly good idea what Koguma feels and thinks- but almost nothing on Hino's thoughts.

We do know its not just teasing /bullying for fun, we've seen her get flustered and embarrassed and some stuff have a fairly big impact on her- to the point where it seems a sure thing she is attracted to Koguma- but nothing beyond that.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Missed opportunity for Koguma to said she only know bear stroke.

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

"Waaaaa... Koguma in a swimsuit..."
- Hino's thoughts -

joined Feb 23, 2016

She’s gonna peek :D

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Next chapter is going to be gold.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Observe kogu

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Take, for example, the hinted at ex-girlfriend of Hino-san, and whatever issues that may come along with that.

Wait. When did this happen? Why do I have no memory of this? ( @ ~ @ )

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

..... Gonna lose a foot soon due to the diabetus this gives me

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

"Observe" Haha

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Personally, I'm tired of this relationship not developing at all. Sure, we already got some info of Hino's past, sometimes she gets flustered, but since some chapters till now we seem to get back to the beginnig: just teasing, some jokes, no background at all. I enjoy slow burns, a lot. But man, things have to be done right. If I want to read something that takes 7-8 volumes to have little development, I'll go to the het tag.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Blatant seduction, Koguma...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Personally, I'm tired of this relationship not developing at all. Sure, we already got some info of Hino's past, sometimes she gets flustered, but since some chapters till now we seem to get back to the beginnig: just teasing, some jokes, no background at all. I enjoy slow burns, a lot. But man, things have to be done right. If I want to read something that takes 7-8 volumes to have little development, I'll go to the het tag.

Obviously, it’s well-established that there are any number of readers crying out “Development! Development! We want development!” every time a new chapter comes out. My question was rather different and much more specific—how exactly do such readers foresee these particular characters “developing” the actual relationship they’ve established such that this series remains this series rather than turning into Generic Lovey-Dovey Yuri Series?

(Not that there’s anything inherently wrong with GL-DYS, but to me this series is something altogether more delightful.)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

"Observe" Haha

I don't see what's so funny and/or suggestive about the word observe. That's basically what the members of the r/civbattleroyale community (myself included) do with every single Civ AI game on our site.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Take, for example, the hinted at ex-girlfriend of Hino-san, and whatever issues that may come along with that.

I want to know as well!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I want to know as well!

I think it's this who has been refered to. Althought we don't know if the girl is Hino's ex, she may have some common past with Hino and might be the reason why Hino start skipping school.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

I want to know as well!

I think it's this who has been refered to. Althought we don't know if the girl is Hino's ex, she may have some common past with Hino and might be the reason why Hino start skipping school.

ain't it more like Hino's the observer of some scene? the girl on top panel has different haircut
also why skip on sunny days then?

To reply you must either login or sign up.