Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Demanding development and progress in comedy series that would lose their fundamental premises if too much development happens is not just a hobby—it’s a way of life.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There has been a lot of development anyway, and they really like each other... is not like that other manga Shouraiteki ni Shinde kure where the protagonist has to fight for like 20 chapters and maybe... MAAAAAAAAAYBE get a smile or a compliment and 40 chapters later you are not sure if it's even yuri (and probably why translation groups just drop it), or Kobayashi ni maid dragon where all romance progress is set aside with the excuse of being awkward or "not good with the subject" (and some attempts even upsets Kobayashi san) so you can have literally an apocalypse starting and ending before a kiss ... or a hundred other where all the side characters can find their true love before the main characters, so in short, this is very very good when it comes to progress considering it's a comedy.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 2:12PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There has been a lot of development anyway, and they really like each other... is not like that other manga Shouraiteki ni Shinde kure where the protagonist has to fight for like 20 chapters and maybe... MAAAAAAAAAYBE get a smile or a compliment and 40 chapters later you are not sure if it's even yuri (and probably why translation groups just drop it), or Kobayashi ni maid dragon where all romance progress is set aside with the excuse of being awkward or "not good with the subject" (and some attempts even upsets Kobayashi san) so you can have literally an apocalypse starting and ending before a kiss ... or a hundred other where all the side characters can find their true love before the main characters, so in short, this is very very good when it comes to progress considering it's a comedy.

Agreed. They’ve basically been a couple since Chapter 10 or so, even if it hasn’t been mutually acknowledged.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Hopefully there’s sum development and it won’t keep with this romcom schtick

L O L

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Even Koguma is snapping pictures XD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, you know Koguma—her friend says she wants her picture taken, and she’ll do anything to help out a friend . . .

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

That was the best part xD

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

omichi shot herself in the foot by being too cute for her own good

last edited at Jan 23, 2020 11:05PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wait, is this a triangle forming? Unusually (for me), I don't think I want that! But triangles are the strongest shape.... Complicated feelings

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Threesome

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think normally it doesn’t make sense to expect development from a gag comedy series, but so far this has felt more than that—more earnest, more skillfully done, even more subtle. I think what people are hoping for is this teased possibility that the manga goes from really fun to something truly special. I’d like to see that too.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

She sure puts a lot of thought into her perviness.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

She sure puts a lot of thought into her perviness.

That amazed me.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

haha that was an unexpected and cute twist! Pretty amazing how they can still do the same gag, but there's just enough differences to make every chapter fun and unique.

last edited at Feb 5, 2020 3:38AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Okay, the manga is still cute, but I'm more than ready for them to add something new. It's starting to get just a little repetitive here.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Wait, if both their panties are light blue, that means they're matching right?

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

Meh... what about more development between Koguma and Hino than another joke about pantsu colors, author-san?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wonder what kind of "development" is it that people expect from a gag comedy manga

The kind of "development" that means the basic premise for all the jokes in the series goes away, usually.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Back to square one i see. If it wasn't write Ch.49, I could have believe it was an early chapter.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

EvelineClariss posted:

I wonder what kind of "development" is it that people expect from a gag comedy manga

This time around, I think that if Hino-san had been a little embarrassed from being seen it would've been better, meaning that she's a bit more conscious of Koguma's than before... but oh well, maybe she really doesn't have any shame and never will even if they marry

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The kind of "development" that means the basic premise for the one joke in the series goes away, usually.

fify
I get where you're coming from in that, once you have "development," the tension that makes it entertaining goes away. But that doesn't mean we can't have a bit more variety in the humor. Used to be cute, but it's gotten old.

joined Sep 13, 2018

a new chapter of hino-san , big sis is full gay for the imouto but she dont mind , wataten , and watamote.

Today was a good day

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

As soon as she said she wanted to see sky blue I knew we were talking panties lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The kind of "development" that means the basic premise for the one joke in the series goes away, usually.

fify
I get where you're coming from in that, once you have "development," the tension that makes it entertaining goes away. But that doesn't mean we can't have a bit more variety in the humor. Used to be cute, but it's gotten old.

And I get that people get invested in the characters and want to see narrative development.

But the point of this kind of humor obviously isn't the novelty of the punch line, it's how you get there ("Ho-hum, the Roadrunner dupes Wile E. Coyote into going off the cliff again. But when are they gonna kiss?").

The question here is usually, "What is Hino, the master manipulative dom troll, up to this time?"

Desire to see blue skies > desire to see sky blue > Koguma's panties > both their panties

That's how poetry works--you start with the color of the sky and end up with each others' underwear..

joined Oct 27, 2018

That's the thing, this manga HAS had development, their dynamic right now is fundamentally different than the one they had at the beginning, but this most recent chapter feels like a step back to that old dynamic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.