joined Nov 15, 2019
Bam

BAM dream! girls bang party

hellowitchy
Image Comments 15 Apr 00:04
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019
Cdw8b4juaaaka9r-orig

the aomushi stuff that gets uploaded here is so tame that its hard to believe its their art and not a copycat

hellowitchy
Image Comments 11 Apr 01:10
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019
80261921_p11

underrated ship, gets buried under the hoards of asakusa kanamori

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

coward managers should just give them their own radio show, instant popularity

hellowitchy
SHY discussion 07 Apr 13:13
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

Look I know we're in a superhero story with fantastical elements in it... but this is too much right???? Like this is NUTS, it's not just me, right??

what a twist what an upset, please continue i need to know where this is going.

hellowitchy
Boku To discussion 06 Apr 15:33
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

for a second i thought this looked too much like giniro no genders design wise and i was about to trash it on principle but its torajirou sensei so quite the absolute opposite i look forward to more

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

I was gonna comment how this is all fucked up in just the right way but i gotta make like a big tangent from the main fucked upness to just shoutout to Ichika for being fucking great

Love her, best, absolute fav, get modded girl i believe in you

hellowitchy
Image Comments 03 Apr 22:24
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019
64355497_p0

i choose to believe that mokous theme "reach for the moon, immortal smoke" is encouraging mokou to gather the courage to touch kaguyas butt

hellowitchy
Image Comments 03 Apr 22:08
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019
Nocturnal_tortoise_72410298_p0

whats worse, writing doujin about you and your bff or that your bff shows up to buy it

hellowitchy
Image Comments 03 Apr 22:06
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019
80302601_p3

yuru yuri is the source of so many crack ships

hellowitchy
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

thank you chads for all your hard work what would we do without you

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

i believe one of them is Magia Loco, it wouldnt be too far from the naming convention

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

Lots of dead magical girls! Ever since madoka it's never been the same, the job's a lot more dangerous than it used to be,

Since Madoka? Sailor Nothing came long before that...

So like i dont wanna be that person but i gotta remind everyone that the sailor scouts were dying left and right during Sailor Moon and the point of their bodies being simulacra was taken straight from that show too.

Madoka wasn't as strong a shift in setting as it was in framing.

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

team mom!!

hellowitchy
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

MASK HAS GROWN TOO POWERFUL

SHE CANT BE STOPPED ANYMORE

hellowitchy
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

This chapter is overdramatic? At least for me. There's a lot of shouting going on, and it sucks that Nanaki just wants to be Kanade's number 1 gal pal. Disappointing.

youre right, teens are known to be peak mature and rational and not drown in a glass of water, v unrealistic

hellowitchy
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

my main gal just shooting down every and all ships in one fell swoop, just a god damn carpet bombing, efficient as fuck, there were no survivors

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

Okay to begin with I re read the whole thing and it became super obvious I'm trying to write serious analysis of a sleazy ecchi gag manga about a 14 year old being blackmailed and forced to fight and sexually harass her idols. Where I'm going with this is that this really isn't a manga that you can seriously analyze past its basic premise, just reading what it's about is enough to be like "ok its garbage", but it's garbage that i like so here we go regardless.

Let's address the most common word used to label Utena after chapter 10 which is "Hypocrite", and at that point I also gotta point back at the premise because there's 2 key points there: 1) is that Utena is the Villain, 2) is that she's being blackmailed into it. Nothing has changed about these two points since the beginning.

It is true that at some point, being pushed by Venalita through coercion, shes realized that shes super into bdsm and has began to enjoy the whole putting in the pain, but at the end of the day Utena still has no intention of going through whatever evil plan enormeeta has, shes only doing the best out of a really shitty situation shes been put on. And this bring another important point on the framing which is that we don't really know what the stakes are, we just know what characters think the stakes are.

To Utena, the stakes are that if she stops fighting her life is over as she's exposed as the leader of the evil forces, other than doing what Venalita tells her to do, that's as far as her stake goes. But the magical girls have a completely different point of view of this whole conflict, they're fighting the forces of evil, they're keeping people safe. Furthermore: Tres magia do not know about Utenas situation, but Utena knows about Tres Magias.

So like, the claim here is "Utena is a hypocrite because she's the one putting Azul into that situation and then calling them out" is false, because Utena DOES NOT have agency in this situation, she's the one who's been put into that situation, she's found pleasure into it after being groomed to do so, but otherwise she doesn't actively want to fight the Magias.

During this fight, Utena is the one with the whole picture, she is being forced to fight and play the villain, Azul has chosen to be a magical girl and is fighting evil. Like, her entire commentary for the entire fight was taunting/cheering Azul into not giving up, she wanted the fight to keep going because "the heroes win in the end".

Then Azul gives up, she doesn't know that Utena isn't a REAL villain, what is going on (and, again, utena has the entire picture) is that Azul gives up to the forces of evil because she's taking pleasure on being abused. Azul HAS agency in this situation, and she uses her agency to give in to her desires and surrender to evil.

This is where it stops being a game and Utena breaks character by giving Azul the heroic speech. Again, Utena acts as the villain, but she ISNT the villain, breaking character is perfectly fine because Magia Baiser isn't who she wants to be, its a facade she's been forced to put and which she's learned to enjoy, but at the end of the day she does not want Tres Magia to lose.

For Utena to be a hypocrite, she would have to have both an active desire to defeat and break Magia Azul AND the agency to exercise that desire, as it stands she is a magical girl stan who loves seeing her heroes struggle but ultimately still wants them to win.

TLDR; People are calling Utena a hypocrite when she gave Azul a hero speech because she's the villain, but she isn't the villain, she just acts as a villain through blackmail, which is the basic premise of the series, might I remind you, the blackmail tag is right up there.

You can, however, absolutely call her out on enjoying beating up girls, the manga does too in the last page, this is a gag manga and thats the joke.

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

its wild to me we're talking about rape now, what are you people smoking

Edit: there is legit some massive misunderstanding about the framing of both the series and utena going on with you people so once im home in like 5 hours im gonna have to write a proper ass post explaining that, look forward to THAT wall of text

last edited at Mar 12, 2020 2:44PM

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

yall talking trash forget that my girl utena is a huge magical girl stan, what are yall talking about

did i miss the chapter where she went and said she wanted to take over the world? shes into seeing the magical girls be cool and theres nothing cooler than being at the edge of defeat and rising up, of course she was pissed when azul gave up

Yeah she's the kind of fan who puts their idols up on impossible pedestals and then acts betrayed when they fail to live up to the bullshit idea of them she constructed in her own mind aka an insufferable asshole. This chapter kind of just sucked.

youre reaching so hard, whats this impossible pedestal, dont give up?? the other two have no problem keeping up with that

azuls so horny shes getting caught during her fights, regardless of the fact that utena has no intention of actually beating tres magia, azul should probs not be kneeling and begging in front of her enemy

and that aint me judging azul, gal can be as horny as she wants, but she needs to keep that out of whats basically her job

last edited at Mar 11, 2020 9:35PM

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

i was following arknights intently but "global launch" apparently didn't include south america so ive been like begrudgingly ignoring all these gals i love and now that someone posted that image im filled with the dread of knowing its just a matter of time until the arknights yuri starts hitting hard, why must you hurt me like this

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

yall talking trash forget that my girl utena is a huge magical girl stan, what are yall talking about

did i miss the chapter where she went and said she wanted to take over the world? shes into seeing the magical girls be cool and theres nothing cooler than being at the edge of defeat and rising up, of course she was pissed when azul gave up

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

I've issue with a lot of "dark" works of media that they're unfortunately very immature and i feel that is the case for this one

i feel it happens a lot with japanese media in particular since manga is so easily available for young authors to initiate in comparison to the western comics industry (although webcomics come across the same issues), the work is meant to be very dark and somewhat disturbing but the framing and presentation are so heavy handed that it almost loses all impact

the issue here is that kaede isn't really a complete character, she has a backstory that we're learning about, but we jumped straight into her being a tortured slave and having severe ptsd, which is sad, but you can't really call that a character. So everytime she has a breakdown it just feels kind of out of nowhere, not because the author hasn't justified it on her backstory but because Kaede hasn't really earned our sympathy, she's less a person and more a very sad kicked dog, which is still sad, but isn't really that interesting.

Also, certain level of subtlety is very important when portraying things that are meant to be disturbing, not necessarily because they can be shocking but exactly the opposite, going for too much can quickly turn a situation cartoonish, it's important to temper very heavy and out there material (like slavery, torture and ptsd) with equally strong grounding elements and restraint to keep it from being so extreme that ones suspension of disbelief starts acting up and one remembers this is not really two people but two characters that an author has put in this situation to elicit an emotional response

That isn't to say that these things cant mimic real life or that extremely bad situations do occur in real life but narrative media is inherently different from real life and the way it elicits emotions is also different, a good example of this are horror movies, no one can deny that having some maniac with a knife attempting to kill us would be terrifying in real life but that doesn't mean just putting a man with a knife in a movie is going to be scary, there is extra work that needs to be done to generate the feeling of tension because first we need to become absorbed in the narrative to get to the point we are able to simulate the terror on our own, and the way you do that is you get the reader/watcher to empathize with the characters in the story, once you care about the characters you can care about what happens to them.

The manga is, again, very heavy handed and jumps directly into telling us how terribly tortured our main character is without really showing us or even giving us time to know them properly, so it constantly feels like its trying to have sad and tortured moments without having earned them

TLDR; the manga tries to have a lot of sad moments but we never really got to know or empathize with the main character or her experiences, all we know is shes a slave and she was tortured, which are bad things to happen to someone but they're not really character traits, it's a very heavy handed attempt to get us to care for a kicked dog basically, which we still could, but it isn't good writing.

and yes, i was really bored that i wrote all that

hellowitchy
Image Comments 07 Mar 13:55
Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019
Dltnc2ovsaioqoh-orig

so this is why yukina hasnt pulled lisa from the dance club to do more practice