Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I tried really hard to like this one--both the original and this reboot--but for some reason those four "club members" just really REALLY rub me the wrong way. I get irritated every time I read a panel they're involved in.

Honestly same. I am going to keep reading I suppose, but so far those four have added nothing of value.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

So yeah, since it is kind of hard to remember names in this guy's series, it's nice that he has types of animals in the names to help you along. But I got to thinking about it and I remembered an anecdote about a bear (Kumakura) and a rabbit (Usagida) that I heard a long time ago.

A bear and a rabbit were taking a shit in the woods
The bear said, "Hey, you ever have a problem with shit sticking to your fur?"
The rabbit said, "...no"
So the bear wiped his ass with the rabbit

Arata Iri is a woman.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah Arata has the habit of having a large cast of characters alongside the MC and make them a bit annoying everytime. The better thing here is Arata doesn't go for the gremlin face and weird expression, which give a more serious vibe.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Good thing I like the girl with the fragile health and the sleeping bag girl specially as couple, I think a key to like those characters is not to see them as one entity of chaos with 4 heads but instead 2 more yuri routes or as individuals (well they come as pair so it's kind of hard).....................................but the president doesn't have a pair so I feel bad for her, her ship died since the start so I think we need at least one more girl lol (or a teacher...)

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 6:21PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The rabbit said, "...no"

Thanks! I hate it!

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Ohh I imagined Yozora with pink hair.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The side characters are kind of annoying but at least they're all gay so there's something they do besides be obstructions to romantic progress between the MCs.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I like them personally.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

So much fun. Love it just the way it is. A very particular kind of chaos.

I'd personally apply for the shut-in club but I'd probably be overqualified.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Defs a heavier helping of yuri romance in this version, was hoping for it to be less wordy (lotsa big speach bubbles lol) but I guess its funny most of the time.... I really enjoyed Comprehensive touvarish (the Chess game and the tower of Babel bits had me in stitches) so I'm keen to stick this one out til the end

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

It looks like they sucked all the life out of the blond girl on this reboot. I don't like it.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

So yeah, since it is kind of hard to remember names in this guy's series, it's nice that he has types of animals in the names to help you along. But I got to thinking about it and I remembered an anecdote about a bear (Kumakura) and a rabbit (Usagida) that I heard a long time ago.

The rabbit said, "...no"

I am both incredibly grossed out and laughing my ass off.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

How are people having issues with the side characters? They're all really endearing and have nice personalities. For the first couple chapters sure, but if you've read anything past that the first 2 chapters of the original, I don't see how cancer girl and sleepy girl can rub you the wrong way, when they're relationship is just as cute as the MCs'

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Tbh I'm liking this, definitely

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Honestly I like this reboot so far, I started reading the original but lost steam after a while, it was too silly for me even though I enjoyed the couples. I'm sure this one will still be rather comedic, but I do like that it's not quite as over-the-top so far, and more attention is given to the actual romance... Despite the other four intruding at all the worst times.

joined Jan 7, 2019

An over the top cast of weirdos is Arata Iri's trademark. I understand people not liking that style but I for sure wouldn't want to see anything from her without the usual chaotic fast-paced humor. Hope we get to see more of all of the side characters and get to see their relationships grow.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Going by Comprehensive Tovarisch, the side characters are going to end up getting together themselves at some point anyways, which I'm personally looking forward to.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Going by Comprehensive Tovarisch, the side characters are going to end up getting together themselves at some point anyways, which I'm personally looking forward to.

Or like, the previous version of this work, in which case they also did. Like, we've already seen these side characters get together.

joined Apr 29, 2018

sigh... yet another huge disappointment from 2020... well RIP todo no tsumari no uchouten. i already miss you...

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 8:43PM

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

I tried really hard to like this one--both the original and this reboot--but for some reason those four "club members" just really REALLY rub me the wrong way. I get irritated every time I read a panel they're involved in.

I'm glad I'm not alone, I don't find them funny and I feel that all they're doing is slowing the progress of the main characters, at least in the original which is probably why they irritate me.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I just want to focus on Nekozaki and Mikoto ;_;

joined Sep 13, 2017

Too bad that the story had to move and needed to be remade, but eh, this here is still great. The only thing I really miss from the original is the sleeping bag girl's hairstyle, but oh well.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's so angsty and cute. Also Arata Iri. Everything great in one small package!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So the running gag will be that the girls want to throw party at any time ?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Is this what they call "big top energy"?

To reply you must either login or sign up.