Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

I really like that this story is not one of a star-crossed romance, nor is it filled with unnecessary drama. Instead, this is just a simple realistic story about self-discovery and the process of accepting your own reality. It just so happens that the discovery being made includes, and is catalyzed by, an attraction to someone of the same gender.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Holy crap now this is quality work. I haven’t run into something this good in a while.

My guess is that the new guy is either gay or asexual, because he seemed touched at her comment about there being nothing wrong with being ‘alone.’

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Oh my god I binged this so fast it cured my pms

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

My guess is that the new guy is either gay or asexual, because he seemed touched at her comment about there being nothing wrong with being ‘alone.’

He is ? I don't really get anything for the only reaction he had to that, he is just "well ok" and go with that.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This manga is going to be too short. I can feel it. 。゜(`Д´)゜。

Second volume starts with chapter 6, so we have at least 5 more chapters ahead of us. Beyond that, it probably depends on the sales of volume 1 - so everyone should consider supporting if it's within your means!

Woooooooooooo
Runs off to find money

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

He is ? I don't really get anything for the only reaction he had to that, he is just "well ok" and go with that.

I disagree, that is the look of a guy who just suddenly noticed how cute that girl really is. He was hiding in his shell before, but took a peek out when she said that. Triangle city, here we come!

Subaru is the cutest little sister in ages! Neko-mouth and everything!

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/crescent_moon_and_doughnuts_ch03#15

And a great wingman too! (That's Subaru asking if Uno-san has had dinner, eh?)

Zaolu-newlandscapes-500x500
joined Jul 23, 2013

This is so wholesome. <3 Feels like an adult version of Me and Kase-San.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This is really sweet, and does a lot of things I'd like to see more of in Yuri. Can't wait for more!

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

they're so cute. uno-san is literally adorable, i wanna squeeze

joined Feb 18, 2015

Really one of the best I've read in a while.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

ch6 is out.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^
First: Great. Thanks for informing us!
Second: I dunno why, but, whenever I see you username I think of Armenia during the Hellenistic era

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Holly shiiiiiiiiit!!!!! Chapter 6, couldn't resist when I saw it elsewhere....... This manga is amazing!!!! I mean theres only 6 chapters out but these characters and their depth and developments!!! I can't help but like it more every chapter, its too soon to say its a favourite but its getting harder to deny at this point

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Between this and YagaKimi, I’m getting the idea that Japanese railroad crossings do double duty as lover’s lanes.

Also, Subaru best girl.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Between this and YagaKimi, I’m getting the idea that Japanese railroad crossings do double duty as lover’s lanes.

Also, Subaru best girl.

Even the spoilers you gave aren't really that much of a spoil, and yet they're enough to agitate me into considering searching for the raws.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's pretty ok i guess. Sorry to not sound that much enthusiastic but i don't quite the appela personally.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also, Subaru best girl.

Even the spoilers you gave aren't really that much of a spoil, and yet they're enough to agitate me into considering searching for the raws.

Not raw. The translation is out. Just sometimes Dynasty is slow to get it uploaded. So till then, we all get to use spoiler bars.

Subaru IS best girl. And remarkably wise for her age.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Not raw. The translation is out. Just sometimes Dynasty is slow to get it uploaded. So till then, we all get to use spoiler bars.

To be honest I only use this reader to check if there's something new in the gay-dar and even then Mangadex is usually much faster to pick them up. There's also the issue of series that the staff or uploaders here refuse to pick up.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Holy crap now this is quality work. I haven’t run into something this good in a while.

I quite sure he's a stand-in for all the "herbivore" men and women that have been talk of the day in Japan for a while now. You can probably take it as light social commentary for accepting their choice of not bothering with a relationship, just because other people are expecting him to. Main character is bit different, since she's been desperately yearning to connect with someone and felt that she's worthless, because it wasn't happening no matter how hard she tried.

Many of herbivores (feels weird to call normal people that...) are not homosexual or even what you'd traditionally think of as asexual, but merely people who find serious intimate relationships tedious / not worth the effort and their own hands and internet are sufficient to ward off any sexual needs they occasionally have. Those that want sexual encounters with another person will instead spend their yen on prostitutes and one-night stands.

last edited at Jan 26, 2020 2:56PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, we knew for a couple chapters already that Hinako is slowly falling in love without realizing it, but I'm lowkey annoyed at how, in this chapter, Asahi shows signs of falling in love, althewhile thinking she'll never understand romance...
Nevertheless, the story feels even more promising than it did in the first volume.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Satou: No one will distract me from my little sister.
Subaru: Allow me to introduce Hinako-chan.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Subaru continues being amazing, I just feel happy whenever she appears.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ohhh shit~ dramalama

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

fuck i love this so much. probably my #1 series rn. thank you!

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Subaru dropped the L-word. She's their guiding stars.

I quite sure he's a stand-in for all the "herbivore" men and women that have been talk of the day in Japan for a while now.

Wow, I didn't know that, thanks

Surveys of single Japanese men conducted in 2010 found that 61% of men in their 20s and 70% of men in their 30s considered themselves to be herbivores (wikipedia)

that's quite a lot of people

last edited at Jan 26, 2020 3:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.