Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I love the pacing so much. I know I said that last time I commented too.

And all her little victories. Telling the group date there is nothing wrong with being alone.
Will also echo what others have said about how nice it is that the story isn't full of people that are jerks just to be jerks. Yeah they happen in real life but it starts to feel real two-dimesional after a while. And it's just nice. They do mean well. They just need to realize "one size" doesn't "fit all."

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

People either want to save someone or to be saved.

Is it too much to ask for both?

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

No kidding. It caught me completely off-guard when the date they were trying to set her up with was the most boringly normal guy imaginable and not an ikemen as this kind of narrative usually dictates. It was a nice touch.

Well, there was that good ikemen guy in the first chapter already. So they already did that, but based on her reaction and refusal to start dating him, they probably figured he wasn't her type.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/crescent_moon_and_doughnuts_ch01#5

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Subaru is the best girl. She's amazing.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

No kidding. It caught me completely off-guard when the date they were trying to set her up with was the most boringly normal guy imaginable and not an ikemen as this kind of narrative usually dictates. It was a nice touch.

Well, there was that good ikemen guy in the first chapter already. So they already did that, but based on her reaction and refusal to start dating him, they probably figured he wasn't her type.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/crescent_moon_and_doughnuts_ch01#5

It's not unrealistic for a beautiful woman to find and go out with an equally beautiful man who seems great in general though, it's only unrealistic for it to be every guy the beautiful woman ever finds. In this case I feel there was even a good reason to have him be so great.

The first guy was likely only so perfect to illustrate that the main character's issues with dating men is not simply about finding someone good enough, since it couldn't work even with such a perfect nice guy. It makes clear from the outset that her "solution" to finding happiness in all likelihood lays elsewhere and she has greater reason to be open to outside-the-box thinking than she was previously while she genuinely believed finding the right man would make her happy.

It basically skips us past the whole "Maybe I just need to try a better man" stage of her life in favour of immediately getting to the point of the "Men don't make me happy, how do I become happy?" question. (To which the answer is beautiful fluffy yuri hugs and kisses~)

Personally I like how the author did it a lot, but YMMV. ^^

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 4:18AM

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

The Moon is beautiful tonight.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

That was really cute and sweet. So I'm guessing the mom shows up to ruin it all two chapters from now.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

This is a new masterpiece

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

Subaru is a treasure of a sister!

joined Jan 3, 2020

She lies to her friends about what happens with the first guy, don't forget. She makes it sound like he rejected her when literally the opposite situation occurred.

This will be the first time she's rejected even considering to date somebody (she didn't give him a fair shot at the first restaurant either obviously and her friends could see that. It will likely strain her relationship with her friends substantially, especially if she fails to come up with a good lie for what she did.

Come to think of it; I wonder what excuse she used to escape the date in the first place. She probably said she felt sick or something like that. Her friends might buy that. She did just go to the bathroom and she was obviously acting oddly. It could work. The problem is that that excuse just kicks the issue down the road slightly since her friends will reschedule it for her.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Ah, hallucinating people calling your name? That’s a pretty bad sign of PTSD. I’m getting the sense that her parents are probably even worse than most people are expecting.

Oh, the abject feelings of worthlessness, that she's broken? The cruel other self picking at her insecurities under the guise of trying to help her and push her forward? This is just me fresh out of high school.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I'm in love with everything this manga has, no negatives whatsoever. I hope it will keep up with this pacing and will never introduce us to any unnecassary drama or love rival. This actually might be the next yuri masterpiece.

Edit: I also love how the little sister is energetic and so supportive of her big sister in a non-annoying way.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 7:23AM

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Mooooooooon

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I like doughnuts and the story isn't half bad.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Apart from those filthy doughnuts it's a good story till now, but, as it is set in this day and age, it seems a bit unlikely that neither of them had the "Oh fuck, I'm in love with her" epiphany yet. Subaru will have to guide them. Next chapter maybe, if it takes longer it gets silly.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Apart from those filthy doughnuts it's a good story till now, but, as it is set in this day and age, it seems a bit unlikely that neither of them had the "Oh fuck, I'm in love with her" epiphany yet. Subaru will have to guide them. Next chapter maybe, if it takes longer it gets silly.

Filthy??? Doughnuts???

They don't deserve such hate, surely

fluffybillygoat
joined Feb 16, 2019

she seems to be more introverted than she thinks, had a lot of fun eating her bento by herself, even before the other one came

Img_os7f7k
joined Oct 6, 2018

my face at each panel: cries in happiness

My cat staring at me: "that face is illegal"

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Maybe she's the type of person who is aware that rainbow people exist but doesn't associate herself as part of that group of people (yet)? It's not as if people like that don't exist.
If I never downloaded Girlfriends by accident and discovered this downward spiral to yuri heaven as early as I did, I'd definitely be like that too. Never realizing that women could marry women even after an aunt of mine told me that Ellen had been married to Portia for years.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Filthy??? Doughnuts???

They don't deserve such hate, surely

Filthy doughnut.... Sounds like a euphamism for girly bits... or a sex move... and something Homer Simpson might even druel over...
mmmm filthy doughnuts
.....I'd be lying if the term didn't sound sexy after saying it a few times..... blushes

Aaaaanyway! This maga is moving at such a lovely pace, just everything is so wonderful so far, character development, storyline and subtle hints of the whole yuri development we're all here for! Always looking forward to more of this one

Ezgif.com-crop(1)
joined Jan 11, 2020

Ok this need to be updated fast

joined Jan 19, 2020

Ok, I’m in love with this manga.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Uno sympathizing with and helping Sakagami out makes me imagine that secretly, he's in the same situation as her, and has a secret yaoi lover somewhere he's struggling with in a similar fashion, and is currently experiencing his own crisis.

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

Ahh the sweet smell of amazing art, craftsmanship, and storytelling wrapped up with a side of relatable self-hate and internalised homophobia.

Really though this story is has a more realistic setting than most mangas and has some good 3-dimensional characters. I absolutely love it. Reading it feels like the mornings first sip of coffee.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Wingsister keeps winning.

To reply you must either login or sign up.