Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

adamatari posted:

Keep in mind Akira is not on hormones or anything, being a minor with parents that oppose their choice. She's already quite tall, so we're talking a teenager who has already gone through a lot of growth. It's not a surprise she has an advantage.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Even when you have both guy and girl not working out, guy will still be stronger on average simply because of differences between sexes. It only changes after you start taking hormones (which Akira is not) and even then it doesn't disappear completely or changes overnight. I thought it was quite obvious.

Also, I see this as less "coping about the body" than "coping about other people's expectations" and a way to show she can deal with it. Remember that Akira is not the tough type.

I meant it that way too. She was being rationalizing to herself why others ask her to do all that stuff and her explanation was "because I'm the strong girl" instead of damaging "because I'm/they see me as a guy".

joined Oct 27, 2018

adamatari posted:

Keep in mind Akira is not on hormones or anything, being a minor with parents that oppose their choice. She's already quite tall, so we're talking a teenager who has already gone through a lot of growth. It's not a surprise she has an advantage.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Even when you have both guy and girl not working out, guy will still be stronger on average simply because of differences between sexes. It only changes after you start taking hormones (which Akira is not) and even then it doesn't disappear completely or changes overnight. I thought it was quite obvious.

Also, I see this as less "coping about the body" than "coping about other people's expectations" and a way to show she can deal with it. Remember that Akira is not the tough type.

I meant it that way too. She was being rationalizing to herself why others ask her to do all that stuff and her explanation was "because I'm the strong girl" instead of damaging "because I'm/they see me as a guy".

Most trans women after a year or two on hormones are around even and (many are significantly weaker than) most cis women. I went from stronger than the average boy for my age to weaker than the average girl for my age.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

She knows they see her as a guy, but is asserting her girlness to them while offering them a way to save face. She's not trying to save her own feelings, or avoid their attitude, she's finding a way to confront it without causing a fight or making the other girls feel on the spot individually.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ok I apparently sucks at explaining myself.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Ok I apparently sucks at explaining myself.

It's okay this shit is like sometimes hard to put into words clearly, I'm not judging you. This forum can be a little annoyingly combative at times (worse for certain series) and half the time it's over dumb stuff. At least you're not ripping the series for not living up to some perfect ideal.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Most trans women after a year or two on hormones are around even and (many are significantly weaker than) most cis women. I went from stronger than the average boy for my age to weaker than the average girl for my age.

Given the role testosterone plays in building and maintaining muscle mass, and the fact that most trans women on hormones have less testosterone than most cis women, it makes sense. I could see a trans woman with longer legs having an advantage in, for instance, cycling or running due to sheer leverage/stride length, but that small advantage becomes quickly insignificant at the degree of training involved at the professional level. Or hell, even varsity if you're going to be serious about it.

Lis%20pricefield%205
joined Jun 13, 2019

Up until now I cannot believe that a transgender manga exists.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Several do, in fact there are a few on this site. Believe!

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

This was a good chapter! Painfully short, but good nonetheless. It is quite a pleasure seeing these two together again.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I enjoyed this chapter. I think it's great that both characters have undergone enough growth that they can now finally approach the problem of Hime's feelings that was raised in the beginning of the series together.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I don't like how matter of factly it treats her rejection, treating it as though it was inevitable.

joined Feb 23, 2016

It be like that sometimes

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

this girl spends several chapters dealing with some deep seated insecurity issue just to find another the very next chapter

this aint me complaining, thats the most relatable thing ive read today

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

damn she got the i got impure feelings drama already

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

this is so interesting

joined Nov 7, 2017

Several do, in fact there are a few on this site. Believe!

Mmm... More than a few of them are just fucking filled with trangst though.

But hey! Sometimes that's the shit we gotta read so we know someone else out there gets it.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Fiiiinally, back to the main two..... Oh Hime got issues again
prepares for another couple chapters of long winded preach from a new random character

last edited at Jan 28, 2020 1:28AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I don't like how matter of factly it treats her rejection, treating it as though it was inevitable.

it kinda was though, because i'm pretty sure it was already well established that he likes hime,

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Typical mindset of childhood friend.

Hime will have to live with the fact that she's not Akira's type.

Akira is under no obligation to fall for Hime, just because she's a childhood friend and has been most understanding.

I think Hime should broaden her horizons, beyond Akira. There are other girls. Or guys. Or others. Hime's preferences and identification are still a mystery. She likes Akira, but it doesn't say anything more, because she doesn't like her "as a girl", but she likes her "as Akira".

I still think this manga is about Hime's discovery of themselves and Akira is just a side character.

last edited at Jan 28, 2020 7:35AM

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Anyone else find Hime's new haircut adorable?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Useless chapter.

joined May 4, 2013

Useless chapter.

Also really looking forward to the next with that kinda foreshadowing ("Can we talk for a bit?")

last edited at Feb 13, 2020 2:52PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

What I'm impressed with the most in this manga is how every chapter can have a preaching moment and yet still progress the story

"Can we talk" = pls let me have another meaningless lecture

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Everyone is super-wise and mature. Except the MCs and the readers.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

is it just me, or does no one actually ever DO anything in this manga lol. every single chapter it seams, is just everyone giving advice...

To reply you must either login or sign up.