Forum › Fukakai na Boku no Subete o discussion

joined Apr 3, 2018

This author's specialty is yaoi.

It shows. They don't know how to write yuri.

I mean this also isn't a yuri manga, which I like it all the more for because it's focused more on being about queer people in general, and showing the breadth of queer identity. And like I think its doing a very good job of it, but it's not a yuri manga.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I don't get that, what's wrong with Kotone and Mei's relationship that indicates the author "doesn't know to write yuri"?

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

hellowitchy posted:

people legit comparing this series to giniro no genders are insane, this is the real deal, legit experiences, this last episode is stuff thats happened to me and a lot of people personally

What!? But I'm regularly being blackmailed by some random girls to be used in revenge on their exes!

Yeah, and my best friend regularly stalks me and touches his "no-no" while I sleep in my room

joined Oct 27, 2018

I don't get that, what's wrong with Kotone and Mei's relationship that indicates the author "doesn't know to write yuri"?

Yeah, I don't really get where they are coming from, at this point in time there is no relationship to speak of, all we've gotten is a few hints that it may go in that direction, certainly not enough to say they don't know how to write Yuri.

joined Apr 5, 2018

This chapter was also hard to read. These two pages really hit me hard and credit to the author for being able to make such relatable imagery. Needless to say they made me cry again while reading. I'm so glad to see though that she is starting to take steps to accept herself and have a happy future.

I was on the fence before, but after this chapter, it seems like we might really get a Mei and Kotone pairing, and I for one welcome it, of course, I think Kotone still has some growing to do, but she'll get there.

Also, I'm definitely starting to ship Kotone and Mei.

I also welcome it. I think it would be lovely to see the two of them together.

Out of all the transgender based series on this site (of which I think there are three) I think this one is my favorite.

Completely agree. Its easily one of the best on here that tries to tackle LGBT issues in general. As others have said it feels very real and genuine. Also the characters are likable and its well balanced.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

is this manga monthly?

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i want yuri to happen

joined Apr 26, 2016

When I saw the "Lesbian sidecouple" tag I clicked so fast thinking it was going to be Mei and Kotone hahahha

Mei still needs to figure out that she is bi or lesbian. Often gender comes first then sexuality.
Also sees Sakura. My bitch sense is going off

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I didn't even know that tag was a thing ^^ and yeah I also thought that would be the case, still hope it is in the long run

joined Jan 11, 2018

Honestly I liked these last few chapters, it's been a nice little arc.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That was long enough break. It's time for more drama.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I really hope Mei and Kotone is a thing. More Transbians! Get us some butch Transbians!

I'm happy to see any kind of trans rep, but it's also nice to see it avoid the heteronormative wringer.

Also, some AMAZING faces this chapter.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Ah! drama after drama.
Just my cup of tea.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

I only just started, but this series really seems to get how certain labels some people find empowering are hurtful to others. I feel like pronouns are getting fucked up all over the place though.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Mogu has the look of someone who was tortured not bullied

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Also sees Sakura. My bitch sense is going off

A bitch sensor on the other side of the Virgo Superclusters would be ringing bells right about now.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Can we talk about Mogu-chan's ultra sadistic smile?

joined Sep 5, 2018

I feel like pronouns are getting fucked up all over the place though.

Japanese rarely uses any pronouns so the scanlators have to make most of them up and no matter what they pick, someone will probably complain about getting them wrong.

What an ass. I loved it. I was worried about Kotone’s reaction at first but it seems like she was fine, so it’s all good.

While Ema and Minami are a great boke/tsukkomi pair (nice inconsistent rings, btw), I think neither of them would’ve been a good choice for Kotone because both of them are way too extroverted for her. Mei on the other hand… ohoho. It was nice to see Mei’s determined side in this chapter too.

joined Apr 26, 2016

I only just started, but this series really seems to get how certain labels some people find empowering are hurtful to others. I feel like pronouns are getting fucked up all over the place though.

I messaged the team they said that Tetsu still needs to adjust to Mogu being enby and will eventually start using they

joined Apr 26, 2016

I feel like pronouns are getting fucked up all over the place though.

Japanese rarely uses any pronouns so the scanlators have to make most of them up and no matter what they pick, someone will probably complain about getting them wrong.

What an ass. I loved it. I was worried about Kotone’s reaction at first but it seems like she was fine, so it’s all good.

While Ema and Minami are a great boke/tsukkomi pair (nice inconsistent rings, btw), I think neither of them would’ve been a good choice for Kotone because both of them are way too extroverted for her. Mei on the other hand… ohoho. It was nice to see Mei’s determined side in this chapter too.
With pronouns Tetsu will eventually use they for his partner

Tooko Uploader
Bokura%20no%20hentai%20v08%20icon
Hachimitsu Scans
joined Jul 28, 2015

I messaged the team they said that Tetsu still needs to adjust to Mogu being enby and will eventually start using they

There already has been a transition since chapter 14. Mogumo is no longer referred to by male pronouns by anyone, but I still haven’t used ‘they’ to refer to Mogumo, nor is there a reason to unless absolutely necessary.

Obviously, if it turns out Mogumo’s sister views Mogumo as male (which seems to be the case since she calls Mogumo ‘onii-chan’ on the last page of chapter 17), then it would make sense that she alone would use male pronouns for Mogumo (or anyone else that is unaware of Mogumo’s identity, such as Tetsu’s friends from a previous chapter or someone else) for at least the time being, but we’ll see what happens next chapter.

last edited at Jan 8, 2020 3:54PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

You said you just started, right? The pronouns are kinda messed up in the early chapters, but there is a plot reason for that. Basically, Tetsu has got some growing to do.

joined Jan 9, 2020

I don't read a lot of manga but this one is just a blessing (cause my gender is also a big ¿?¿?!!)

InspirationalBlueberries
joined Mar 22, 2020

I love binging an entire manga at 3 am while everyone's sleeping -w-

1bc42bba-336e-466f-a092-8c801c6e02e8
joined Feb 17, 2018

Are any new translations coming out soon? There’s already been three new chapters

To reply you must either login or sign up.