Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

Finally! Some progress!! Oh. My. God, been reading this since I was 14, FOURTEEN, I'm 22 now, it's been so freaking long, I didn't even know I liked girls back then. It kind of takes me back, I guess I'm still the same I was back then in a way haha

I was also 14 when i started reading this(and 22 now). It was a light in a dark time in my life(my father being diagnosed with terminal cancer and then dying when i was 17). I'm always so happy whenever I reread this or see a new chapter

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 10:58PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

New year, new Miss Sunflower. Thank you so much! :)

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Wow I forgot about this, hopefully we keep getting releases.

joined Jul 1, 2019

i was like, "what do you mean a DATE with her BROTHER? in my damn yuri?!!" but then it got really cute, with himawari-san finally realizing something she should have realized long ago.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah, the wholesomeness just fucking radiates off those pages ...

But reading someone else's diary is a capital, unforgivable crime.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

oh god i remember when i first chanced upon this manga back when i was just curious about the yuri genre...now having read a ton of it, i saw this again, it gives me nostalgia and whole lot of gay feelings

joined Nov 30, 2011

What an unexpected surprise! But a very welcome one! So great to see these two again!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ah, the wholesomeness just fucking radiates off those pages ...

Except required when older brother finds younger sister’s.

Fwerpng
joined Jul 25, 2017

Kaoru/Nii-san is lovely but ever since I realised he has the same VA as Sephiroth (in the drama CD) I can't help but find him a bit creepy.

The downfall of many a Nii-san.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's just even more messed up. Those things are private for a reason. And if you can't trust your own family to respect some boundaries, it's a fucked up family, and not some goofy-funny sibling thing ...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's just even more messed up. Those things are private for a reason. And if you can't trust your own family to respect some boundaries, it's a fucked up family, and not some goofy-funny sibling thing ...

Its not that big a crime- depends on the motive etc. In this case It would have been part curiosity and partly concern about this situation he sees with matsuri & his sister. Also, Im sure he didnt sit there and read it like a book- he probably just scanned some of it.

Not that it absolves him- you STILL shouldnt read someones diary ofcourse!

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 8:29AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Blastaar I agree- He does seem to care and want to help them in his own way. He seems to have a bad rap from his sister for past behavior but while he seems to have a bit of a warped sense of humor etc he seems pretty nice.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Woah it has been almost a year, huh? Never ceases to surprise how fast time flies by.

A wonderful chapter though, a great way to unwind after my first day back to work this year.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Its not that big a crime- depends on the motive etc. In this case It would have been part curiosity and partly concern about this situation he sees with matsuri & his sister. Also, Im sure he didnt sit there and read it like a book- he probably just scanned some of it.

Not that it absolves him- you STILL shouldnt read someones diary ofcourse!

Right—he deserves a standard (figurative) intra-sibling ass-kicking, but not being cast into the outer darkness.

The point (which you just made) is: everything’s a situation. Constant negotiation of boundaries and patrolling and counter-attacking against minor boundary violations is what some of us call “family.”

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Based off the brother's reaction when she yelled are we sure he read it and wasn't just teasing her and it turned out to be true? It would be funny if he was just joking and now she accidentally revealed that what he's saying is true.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Based off the brother's reaction when she yelled are we sure he read it and wasn't just teasing her and it turned out to be true? It would be funny if he was just joking and now she accidentally revealed that what he's saying is true.

You may be right that he’s bluffing (either way fits with his character), but Himawari-san’s big “That’s not true” reveal comes before he mentions the diary.

joined May 1, 2015

Just out of curiosity, is Himawari san completed? I was just wondering how many chapters were left before the conclusion. One chapter a year doesn't seem like a lot. However, if we are in a halfway point then damn. I hope I can remain alive until it concludes.
Thank you for the translation. I really appreciate it btw.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^It was still going and was quite a few chapters in front last i heard but that was over a year ago- it may be finished by now.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BlurredExistence posted:

Why does this take soooooo long between chapters?!! = (

The scanlation group is basically dead after the group's founder disappeared for the better part of a year then reappeared just as the remaining members were starting to settle into things only to disappear again a few months later. (This may be old and outdated info though. I either lost my Trello account or got removed from the group at some point so I no longer get notifications from board updates.)

elevown posted:

^It was still going and was quite a few chapters in front last i heard but that was over a year ago- it may be finished by now.

10 volumes and still on-going according to this. So the current scanlation is around halfway caught up to what's currently released if that info is accurate.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

To be more precise, Volume 10 has been published in August last year.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I saw that they were at chapter 73 two years ago in a raw site, but it's been so long that the pages don't load anymore so I can't really confirm what's going on.

Looks like ch94 came in December https://twitter.com/_manamisugano/status/1210006816865697792/photo/1

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 4:02PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

oh god. i just saw this for the first time with chapter 39. binged it all, its so adorable. please let there be more of this soon.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I have forgotten the plot except the first third or so. Time to re-read. The whole Matsuri/Miss Sunflower thing has to be the longest I've ever seen dragged out. It's great but definitely requires re-reading.

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

Phew...I was beginning to think translation/updates from this series stopped for good. Such a wholesome chapter <3 Hopefully, we get more than 1 a year.

Bread
joined Mar 29, 2013

Wow, I've missed this series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.