Forum › Ohana Holoholo discussion

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I think Yuuta would be more sad without her around than from getting bullied at school. I really hope this series isn't a bad end, because I love it a lot

joined Apr 1, 2017

I know everything will work out, but holy fuck just kiss her and be happy.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Wow, I didn't expect new stuff in this series. I had to read all 20 chapters from the beginning to remember what the story was about. And I'm so very glad for reading this chapter, it's really good.

Ugh Maya seriously. You can just tell Yuuta. I'm sure he would be happier with a happy lesbian family than a sad single mother. Jesus.

Drives me up the wall when it's stuff like this that keeps them apart. Maya is already a large part of Yuuta's life, so it's not like it's new and confusing. Ughhhhh

Maya's using Yuuta as an excuse. She doesn't want Michiru to abandon her and make her suffer again. This is the whole reason why, when they found each other again, Maya didn't want to go back to a relationship with Michiru. Maya's scared.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Abandonment issues are a bitch.

joined Dec 16, 2017

Wow, I didn't expect new stuff in this series. I had to read all 20 chapters from the beginning to remember what the story was about. And I'm so very glad for reading this chapter, it's really good.

Ugh Maya seriously. You can just tell Yuuta. I'm sure he would be happier with a happy lesbian family than a sad single mother. Jesus.

Drives me up the wall when it's stuff like this that keeps them apart. Maya is already a large part of Yuuta's life, so it's not like it's new and confusing. Ughhhhh

Maya's using Yuuta as an excuse. She doesn't want Michiru to abandon her and make her suffer again. This is the whole reason why, when they found each other again, Maya didn't want to go back to a relationship with Michiru. Maya's scared.

And this is why the daycare teacher's words should have rung more deeply than they did in that one moment for her. She went completely opposite. She doesn't have to feel guilty, and it's better to be open and honest. Events that have occurred once people were honest and talked helped push the "train" onto a track that had an actual destination, instead of the cyclic path it's on. (Thanks Soccer dude! The antagonist we deserved.)

Yes, there are the issues of abandonment, but it was kind of made clear in the previous chapters that maybe Maya is the one who isn't changing. And who could blame her? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...? Michiru is now making a concerted effort to stay. Whether or not Maya wants to take that chance is the question. Yuuta is also important in that decision, and should be taken into account. I don't think that's wrong or an excuse. But one decision will answer the other for her. That's where I think Michiru finally has the right of it. She's OK with their weird home. I'm just not sure if Michiru is as serious about her relationship as a lover to Maya than as a partner that helps raise Yuuta.

I am enjoying this writing. So much to unpack. I love Manga like this.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I consider this one of the better adult yuri manga. Looking forward to the resolution and finale of this series.

joined Apr 1, 2018

When's the next chapter can't wait

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ohmygod my heart Ohmygod

joined Aug 16, 2014

That just left such an angst feeling for the rest of my night. (Cries)

joined Sep 6, 2018

Whelp, that seems to be the end... with all those references to classic literature, that’s the end to me.

This deserves to be reread to get the full flavor again. The artwork has improved a lot from start to finish. It looks like two morons are made for each other by raising the brat together. It’s good to see one deciding to move on in her life. This is a good story to me, I’ll reread again later.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

This deserves to be reread to get the full flavor again. The artwork has improved a lot from start to finish. It looks like two morons are made for each other by raising the brat together. It’s good to see one deciding to move on in her life. This is a good story to me, I’ll reread again later.

Completely agree. I need to reread this too. Art is really good in this chapter.

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

That just left such an angst feeling for the rest of my night. (Cries)

Yup... worst way to feel before bedtime.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Whelp, that seems to be the end... with all those references to classic literature, that’s the end to me.

There are six volumes, so as climatic as this chapter was, we've still 2 volumes yet before they reach their final destinations ...

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

As someone who has read it all (I found a translation in Portuguese), yes, this is like, end of act 2 of their relatiosnhip, now how act 3 will end, I'll give no spoilers, but this really is a tremendous series, and I really hope it gets completed for the sake of all the readers here who can't read Brazilian Portuguese

last edited at Dec 18, 2019 6:17AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I love this. So. Much. Realtionships are complicated

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Wow, the art in this one was beautiful, but dang, that was pretty painful.

joined Jun 14, 2013

As someone who has read it all (I found a translation in Portuguese), yes, this is like, end of act 2 of their relatiosnhip, now how act 3 will end, I'll give no spoilers, but this really is a tremendous series, and I really hope it gets completed for the sake of all the readers here who can't read Brazilian Portuguese

Wow so there are really 6 volumes of this? That’s crazy I thought the one just came out was the end but what is even more crazy and that also sucks is that the chapter before this one came out over a year ago. When will the next translated English chapter come out for us? 2 years later? What if I’m dead by then. :/

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This is still alive?? Time to reread!

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wtf

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I got worried it ended for a second there.... Phewed at the ongoing.
Buckle up buckaroos

Imgonline-com-ua-compressed-x85kp90svyulj
joined Jul 21, 2017

suddenly!

joined Mar 17, 2019

Unpopular idea here but I feel bad for the soccer guy. He is supportive of Maya's desire about theatre, which Michiru is aware of but never did anything about it. He is direct about his feelings, mature and on and on. Shino sensei did a good job to give a stark contrast between him and Michiru. I hate it that while both of them know that Maya clearly have feelings for Michiru, they accept the fact that Maya use him as a back up plan in case things with Michiru doesn't work out.

last edited at Dec 19, 2019 11:48AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Why though!? Aren't they in love!? I DONT GET IT

joined Apr 14, 2018

Maya's smile and Michiru's tears... idk which sight drove more pain into my heart. it's like, this is it, isn't this? I'm letting you go... setting you free from me.
goodbye and take care.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I just finished reading this and catching up. It's an amazing, well-written, and saddening series for me because of how complicated all these relationships are depicted. I was hoping this would be a happy story of two moms raising a kid, and while it's partially that, it's also about the struggles of people trying to make good decisions and be good people for the sake of a child, while also trying to make themselves and others happy, which don't coincide with each other sometimes. Honestly, when I thought this was the last chapter, I was pissed off because I thought I just wasted my time reading this, but it was nice while it lasted, but thank god it's not over. I know I'm being selfish asking it, but I hope it has a happy, yuri-filled ending.
Tl;dr Anazing story, happy there's more

To reply you must either login or sign up.