Forum › Ohana Holoholo discussion

joined Aug 11, 2014

god like, someone offered up the possibility that Maya may be trans several chapters and years ago now, and holy shit, this chapter with it's "only a few people called me by that name" in addition to everything else that other people have noticed from previous chapters. No way there's a cis explanation for this one haha

Yeah, the amount of emphasis placed on Prez asking her out of the blue to play Viola, and then going on to elaborate that it would be a twin role ("You'd be great in both male and female costumes!") says a lot to me. It totally works fine as an androgynous gloomy cis girl suddenly being reached out to by the outgoing drama club president, but it becomes even sharper and more powerful as Maya's fond memory of being seen as who she is for the first time.

joined May 3, 2014

anybody know where i can see the raws for the ending? i need to know how it ends because if it doesn't end the way i want it to, i think the angst will kill me

if you find it please spoil me the ending :3

Fb_img_1505910576160
joined Jan 8, 2016

Hidesuke spitting facts!!!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Nooooooo, not the baby! How dare you!! D:

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Maya time to step up and become Yu’s wife

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Well that was a cruel cliffhanger

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Once again, Sea-gulls proving that they're one of the cruelest and most vindictive creatures on the planet

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

^They really are stinkbirds. Can't hardly feed the ducks with their interference.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

anybody know where i can see the raws for the ending? i need to know how it ends because if it doesn't end the way i want it to, i think the angst will kill me

if you find it please spoil me the ending :3

I remeber reading that Maya and Michiru will have a one night stand and then separate at the end of volume four. This volume. But Maya will struggle to live alone, and Michiru will move back in by the end of volume 5. There are six columes in total though, and i dont know how that ends.

last edited at Aug 4, 2022 4:34PM by OrangePekoe

joined Apr 16, 2022

Michiru is about to face a turning point in her character development. She's been slowly building up her skills, confidence, and emotional maturity throughout the manga (represented in this chapter by the bread making), but the weight of all her responsibilities is also crushing her. It's understandable, since she's basically learning to stand on her own two feet for the first time in her life. But I think she's learned to love herself just enough that she won't fall back into her old habits. Next chapter should be great!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hahaha they got me good with that plot twist. Poor granny. It's really nice to see Kei's family being so welcoming to Michiru. I really do wonder how Kei and Michiru got together in the first place. Maybe he just wanted a beard/pressure into having children? A one night stand? She seems to have had fond feelings so they must've at the very least been friends.

This was a great chapter. Michiru's thoughts were way too relatable.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Just because it's not explicitly said doesnt make it a headcanon. Or else everything would be headcanon.

Um, except I'm pretty sure that many things are explicitly said in manga? So, like, those things WOULDN'T be headcanon?
And I mean, headcannons are dangerous. The recoil is just . . .

joined Apr 16, 2022

I really do wonder how Kei and Michiru got together in the first place. Maybe he just wanted a beard/pressure into having children? A one night stand?

My impression is that Kei was bi, like Nico, Michiru, and Maya. (Though technically I don't think we've ever seen confirmation that Kei returned Nico's romantic feelings, though he obviously cared a lot about him.) I think they legitimately fell in love with each other; as evidenced by Nico too, Kei's type seems to have been immature people he can take care of, lol.

last edited at Aug 5, 2022 5:26PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

When do you think the Pope will call for Hidesuke's canonization? He's performed at least two miracles already, and is clearly a deliverance of divine grace.

The only reason why I decided to read this because I looked at the kid and went "heh egg"

joined Jul 6, 2020

Ugh this is getting painful, Maya DO SOMETHINGGGGGGGGGG AAAAAA

joined May 3, 2014

WAIT A MOMENT! was some of that spoiler that it will be an yuri ending fake????? NOOOO T^T

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I never got the hang of peeling apple skin with a knife. Just eat it with the skin on! No cut fingers and it's more nutritious too!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I really do wonder how Kei and Michiru got together in the first place. Maybe he just wanted a beard/pressure into having children? A one night stand?

My impression is that Kei was bi, like Nico, Michiru, and Maya. (Though technically I don't think we've ever seen confirmation that Kei returned Nico's romantic feelings, though he obviously cared a lot about him.) I think they legitimately fell in love with each other; as evidenced by Nico too, Kei's type seems to have been immature people he can take care of, lol.

As far as the Kei/Nico relationship, we kind of get their back story starting from this page. Seems pretty clear it was mutual. In the other hand, Nico is such a player!

joined Apr 16, 2022

As far as the Kei/Nico relationship, we kind of get their back story starting from this page. Seems pretty clear it was mutual. In the other hand, Nico is such a player!

ThanksI I'd forgotten about that scene. Though on rereading it, it seems to suggest Kei was still dating Nico when he knocked up Michiru, which is rather fucked up but does add complexity to a character who otherwise is spoken of in pretty glowing terms.

Ahh, Nico...honestly he strikes me as bisexual but homoromantic. I wonder if he'll end up with his theater buddy who's shown up a few times.

joined Jan 3, 2015

This manga is making me biphobic

joined Jul 6, 2020

Well looks like he really did get kidnapped

joined Jul 6, 2020

This manga is making me biphobic

Mods get this clown

joined Jun 3, 2014

I'm glad an adult at least found Yuuta

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Yuuta is doin' it for himself.

To reply you must either login or sign up.