Forum › Ohana Holoholo discussion

joined Jul 31, 2013

Epic. I feel kinda bad for the guy getting used as a way to open up the main two women's relationship, but I'm glad he's not all sullen about it and he's putting the question out there plainly. Thanks for the translations, can't wait for more.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahhh these new chapters are so good! Finally Maya's feelings are in the open. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I used to root for the het ending since both dudes are genuinely really good guys and Michiru wasnt....the best partner, hell not even a great friend honestly. But seeing her growth over the series and just seeing how hard she is working for Yuu-chan and to turn her life around really makes me proud of her and I do think that if Maya and Michiru are back together, they'd do things a lot differently this time.

joined Jan 22, 2016

Oh my, it was maybe the first time when I'm rooting for the guy in yuri manga

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man, I feel so sorry for the guy, BUT FUCKING FINALLY!

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh my heart. These past few chapters really had me believing at least Michiru might end up with the glasses guy, but dang this series drags me back in hurting me and making me happy. So much hope things work out between Maya and Michiru, the latest chapter made is very obvious they feel the same.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Damn you, cliffhangers! Ahhhhhh! It'll take forever to know what happens next. Ugh! mock crying and wailing Why?! I more please.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Oh, hey, yuri stuff with the cohabiting women who used to date. Surprisingly enough, I am in favor of the yuri route most of the time, but I'm not sure that is how this series should go. And holy shit, this series has three more volumes. What the actual hell?

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

In love with this manga. I'm re-reading this from the start and I have to say, even though Michiru is disliked by a lot of people, I get her in some ways. She is very selfish, unable to handle things on her own and immature in the beginning. Also she is down-right overextended with her life and probably doesn't think she can do it, so she doesn't try or gives up as soon as obstacles occur. I mean it IS easier to just rely on others.
But it's also very sad. She must never have learnt to do a lot of things (like communicating your feelings or what to do when your child is sick). So she depends on others a lot and at first she thinks that there are no consequences for that, Basically she is very immature and one can't understand why Maya would put up with this. It is even more awesome, however, what character development she goes through once she realises that she will have to learn things for herself.
She does understand that it can't go on like this. She understands that she is dead weight to Maya and she starts to work to become independent. Why would she do that - because she likes Maya and understands that she might lose her. No healthy relationship (including friendship) can be based on the way things were in chapter one. But when Michiru becomes more independent they could be a couple on equal terms where one doesn't always take and the other doesn't always have to give. However, if this is supposed to happen Michiru will have a hard time convinving Maya, because she hurt her a lot in the past and Maya doesn't believe in this relationship anymore. (That might be the next 3 Volumes :D)
Also I'm not digging the het couples (even though the guys are great), because you can't ignore your feelings. It will end badly (been there, done that), it is unfair to the other person and it will most likely end badly from my experience.

Long text short: I like carefully written character development :> and i dig this any way it works out as long as it stays in character. Because so far this is great.

last edited at Oct 18, 2017 10:26AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Why would she do that - because she likes Maya and understands that she might lose her.

Do you know what a great way to lose the person you like? Disappearing without a trace and then showing up years later with a kid just because the kid's dad died and now you need someone to help you.

Michiru has not done a damn thing to make up for that level of betrayal. You really can't even say that she truly loves Maya, Maya's point of view that Michiru is just moving from one solid foundation to another is completely backed up with what we have seen. Even Michiru becoming more independent work wise resulted in her relying on Maya more and more dealing with her kid. If someone more suitable with taking care of a kid shows up then why would Michiru stay with Maya instead? She has already shown that she can leave without a care, nothing has shown that she won't do that again when opportunity strikes.

Even if Maya doesn't love the guy, at least he loves her enough to give her what she wants even if that means not being with him. Michiru doesn't even come close to that. Maya needs to find someone else because Michiru is nothing but trouble.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Why would she do that - because she likes Maya and understands that she might lose her.

Do you know what a great way to lose the person you like? Disappearing without a trace and then showing up years later with a kid just because the kid's dad died and now you need someone to help you.

Yeah, maybe her motifs are/were not the romantic ones.

Michiru has not done a damn thing to make up for that level of betrayal. You really can't even say that she truly loves Maya, Maya's point of view that Michiru is just moving from one solid foundation to another is completely backed up with what we have seen. Even Michiru becoming more independent work wise resulted in her relying on Maya more and more dealing with her kid. If someone more suitable with taking care of a kid shows up then why would Michiru stay with Maya instead? She has already shown that she can leave without a care, nothing has shown that she won't do that again when opportunity strikes.

True, the trust between them is gone. And I'm not making any excuses for Michiru. I'm just saying that i think she is well written, even though some might hate her for what she has done.
Personally I think she cared, that's why she left. She was just being immature and she couldn't handle it. She lacks basic human interaction (she just runs every time), even her kid knows better how to behave.
Actually, I think the guy who likes her will probably be used to prove that she has changed and that Maya can rely on her or will be able to do so in the future. But maybe not, we'll see.

I guess I wouldn't have the patience to deal with someone like her either. it's just nice to see her evolve. Personally after disappearing I couldn't trust her either, though. But people and feelings can be strange...

Even if Maya doesn't love the guy, at least he loves her enough to give her what she wants even if that means not being with him. Michiru doesn't even come close to that. Maya needs to find someone else because Michiru is nothing but trouble.

Yeah, maybe... but not as bad as can be, at least in my opinion.

last edited at Oct 18, 2017 6:22PM

Rai
joined Aug 2, 2017

Wow! This is a solid story. I couldn't ask for more except for the ending.

Screen%20shot%202018-05-22%20at%2010.12.36%20pm%20copy
joined May 22, 2018

I'm withering away waiting for the rest of this series to be translated :(((( (not that I don't appreciate it!) Is there a chance that there are raws floating around anywhere? Probably not, right? No scans are probably why it's being held up I guess. I see it's on Amazon in Japan but I'm too scared to figure out how international shipping + cost would work out

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I'm withering away waiting for the rest of this series to be translated :(((( (not that I don't appreciate it!) Is there a chance that there are raws floating around anywhere? Probably not, right? No scans are probably why it's being held up I guess. I see it's on Amazon in Japan but I'm too scared to figure out how international shipping + cost would work out

Setting up international shipping for it isn't all that bad, but I'm betting Kawaii Scans has the raws. They just have a lot of releases to work on. If you want to help though, I'm sure they'd be interested! (shipping would probably be about $15 plus the Amazon shipping fee in any case)

last edited at May 27, 2018 9:43PM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

why. why? WHY

let them be happy together

joined Feb 23, 2016

Whaaaaaat.... noooo >.<

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This series continues to make me both happy and sad at the same time. I'm usually not a huge fan of drama in romance manga, but that's because it's usually handled very, very poorly. Thankfully this has very believable characters, so it's a treat to see it play out. Honestly it's done well enough that it could even be an autobiography, though for the author's sake I hope it's not. :P

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Breaks my heart. Hidesuke seriously is mvp. What a great guy.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 6:16PM

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

I really like this series, I hope they reconsider and stay together as its obvious they are so in love with one another, hidesuke saving the day once again, I really like this guy but still hope maya ends up with michiru and he ends up happy with another person.

joined Feb 18, 2015

In the end, I expect it will be Yuuta who will convince her to stay by telling her he considers her to be his family and she needs to be with him.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What the fuck, they cant be together 'cause the kid would be bullied by shitty homophobic people? Fuck that, just love each other, the kid loves her too as a Mom, why do they have to sacrifice so much to make society happy???? What the fuck.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Just when things are starting to look up, Maya fucking fucks everything with her fucking savior complex. Man, fuck that bullshit with a fucking cactus. Hidesuke didn't pay your fucking hotel for this bullshit, Maya

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 8:43PM

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Bravo.

cries in corner

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

will pull my hair out if these two dont get together in the end lol

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Maya, why are you being so needlessly self destructive?

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ugh Maya seriously. You can just tell Yuuta. I'm sure he would be happier with a happy lesbian family than a sad single mother. Jesus.

Drives me up the wall when it's stuff like this that keeps them apart. Maya is already a large part of Yuuta's life, so it's not like it's new and confusing. Ughhhhh

To reply you must either login or sign up.