Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I lost hope when she said something along the lines of "We're both girls so we can't even have sex" ... aaaahh... I could've passed that if it came from the sheltered girl who lacks a lot of common sense and is way too naive but if both are like this then is just as she said later "This is getting annoying" because, usually, when the main couple is too useless to say the things they need to say, an external force comes and shows the truth forcefully, and is usually in the shape of a vixen...*sigh* I'm not even 30 and I'm too old for thisssssss Is just ... No matter how they try to portray it with cute stuff, I just can't believe what's happening.

Azengar posted:

I'm not sure anything would dry me up faster than someone feeling like I needed their help crossing the street.

This 10000%, who the hell does that.

You'll regret not having people like that around when you're 80yo with shaking knees xD!!!

last edited at Nov 7, 2019 1:30AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm not sure anything would dry me up faster than someone feeling like I needed their help crossing the street.

This 10000%, who the hell does that.

You'll regret not having people like that around when you're 80yo with shaking knees xD!!!

My grandma's friend always needs help getting from the elevator to my grandma's apartment and later from grandma's apartment to the elevator whenever she visits, so it's not even just crossing streets.

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

I think i love this one...

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The Irony of thinking about something and unknowingly doing the opposite... Classic!

I dont think its unreasonable to not know how Gay sex Work, its not the most obvious thing if you have never thought about it

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like this series a lot mainly because it's old school. I also like how innocent girl somehow never got interested in any boy even though she tried, all the way to college. Prince character also seems to have a little bit of Hoshizora Rin syndrome. I admit it's not realistic entirely but it makes a small effort compared to most Mochi tales. If you're annoyed by it, picture it being a manga from the late 90s early 2000s where a lot of the tropes in it were pretty common. The Story S and "but we're both girls," etc. stuff. It's as clueless and innocent as the two MCs. If it goes on I predict a fairly common neko-tachi relationship, though it will probably end once that happens.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Cross-dressing and that-term-which-we're-now-banned-from-using are neither synonyms nor do they overlap that much. As shown in this manga, you can be the latter (well, the "reverse" version in this case according to common definitions) while simply wearing more-or-less-unisex clothing by Western standards; the point of the latter's concept is being able to perfectly pass for the opposite sex without putting much effort into it, something that more than a few cross-dressing characters (to say nothing of real-life crossdressers) fail to achieve (i.e. people immediately can tell they're not the sex they're dressing as, or are at least suspicious or call them "really mannish-looking for a girl"/"really girly-looking for a boy").

But yes, Otokonoko/男の娘 is a perfectly serviceable alternative. It's just that apparently more English speakers wanted an English equivalent than the ones who were okay with it, and were surprised to find that English didn't have a pre-existing name for the concept.

There was at least one English word for it: androgyny. It's a pretty good word!

The concept of tr*p has nothing to do with a lack of proper English words for androgyny, and everything to do with the stigma of being attracted to someone with a penis.

Or to put it simply it's an overlap with the first definition of the word trap which is a situation in which people lie in wait to make a surprise attack. which in anime refer a boy crossdressing into a girl and so people get "trapped" thinking it's a girl. I don't think at first the word was used for Trans people but Internet is what it is.

joined Aug 26, 2018

Ookuma is so cute aww. Kanda must reveal her true identity asap or it'd get real bitter if their relationship drags on longer.

last edited at Nov 8, 2019 1:04PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

As if a straight girl would ever say that. This only happens in manga

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

As if a straight girl would ever say that. This only happens in manga

She is not straight. She had never been interested in a guy before and the story hints she just didn't realize it.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Damn, I I tend to forget the names of these characters, and always end up calling the cool girl Mokou. I can't be the only one...

joined Aug 10, 2016

damn, a yuri series by Mochi that doesnt have the incest tag. Its been ages since this has happened.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

PersonWithInASexualWayAvatar posted:

Damn, I I tend to forget the names of these characters, and always end up calling the cool girl Mokou. I can't be the only one...

It's fine, I even forget the names of the characters I like... I always need MyAnimeList at hand to discuss series, and here, if you all didn't had their names attached to your posts I would forget too even though I've been here for years... .-.) so I just call them by their features or hair color

last edited at Nov 12, 2019 1:27AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

A lot of comments in this thread were a loooong debate about whether or not the tag "reverse-trap" should be used or not and its whole meaning, ethics, etc. Something that apparently the comment above me wants to start again.

Bold of you to so blatantly misrepresent my comment.

There was at least one English word for it: androgyny. It's a pretty good word!

The concept of tr*p has nothing to do with a lack of proper English words for androgyny, and everything to do with the stigma of being attracted to someone with a penis.

Androgyny doesn't automatically equate to the person being able to pass for either sex if dressed appropriately. It covers a whole spectrum of mixtures of masculine and feminine.

evilwitchcraft666
joined Dec 4, 2019

Ok although this story has its issues and isn't the best thing ever, I will say in defense of it @ people thinking "omg how can people think that's a man, that's so obviously a woman!!": she does have pretty stereotypically masculine proportions (broad shoulders, narrow hips, tall, no noticeable breasts, etc.), and smaller "sharper" eyes. I could totally buy people thinking she's a pretty boy.

And some people really are androgynous and appear ambiguous--I've had countless people thinking I'm either the opposite gender or being outright unable to tell, while some of my own friends are like "how? You're so obviously (insert gender here)!" Granted, I have a condition that affects my hormones, but point still stands.

I do agree that it's sort of...dragged out more than it should be (they still think Kanda's a man), but it's also actually a lot more difficult and awkward to admit your gender when you're confused for something else than you might think, trust me.

I will say, with all its cliches and problems, I find it kind of cute and I actually really like Kanda's design (one reason to keep reading). I suppose I'm biased because I can sort of relate, and I also just really love boyish girl characters, but I really don't think this is all that awful.

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 9:56PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

And another chapter passes without Kanda revealing that she's female. I'm starting to wonder if they're going to drag this out as long as possible, and have Ookuma find out about Kanda being a woman (and not necessarily because Kanda told her) in the last few chapters.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ugh. The incredibly obvious bait and switch makes this insufferable crutch of a misunderstanding even more annoying. God forbid two characters in a romance manga just fucking communicate like sane human beings.

captainwangatang
Dash
joined Jun 6, 2012

makes sense now, kanda can't properly clear up the misunderstanding because she's a bottom

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ookuma literraly give her the green light last chapter when she say she wouldn't be gross if Kanda was a girl (which she is ofc) so what give ? I know she seem to be insecure about the future of the relation as 2 girls and it's legitimate but not revealing her that you're a woman and still playing the man act ain't gonna help either in this regard. The sooner you reveal, the sooner you can deal with this problem with Ookuma and figure out how you want the relation to work.

On an another note i'm curious about Naru. Kanda said dude while talking about Naru and ask it to go out because she gonna change so i'm wondering if Naru is actually a crossdresser but then again i found that strange for a girl to share an appartement with a boy who isn't from her family.

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 7:28PM

xxSatsumaChan420xx
Dbd174e7-39d8-417f-8544-a30c85fd6e62
joined Oct 15, 2016

gayyyyyyyy

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

On an another note i'm curious about Naru. Kanda said dude while talking about Naru and ask it to go out because she gonna change so i'm wondering if Naru is actually a crossdresser but then again i found that strange for a girl to share an appartement with a boy who isn't from her family.

Yeah I'm confused about this part too. Is "dude" intended to be gendered address or only to denote Kanda's masculine speech patterns?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah I'm confused about this part too. Is "dude" intended to be gendered address or only to denote Kanda's masculine speech patterns?

Idk, i ask Stan on the Dynasty Discord server and he doesn't seem to know either.

joined Jan 14, 2015

Is this story realistic? No.
Should this be the focus of a long series? Maybe not.
Do I love it and want this dumb misunderstanding to keep going? Yes.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

That beginning made me think this got cancelled and they had to go full throttle at the end. Glad that's not the case because I love it so far

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

alternate title: Useless Lesbian Thinks She Doesn't Have the Right to be Happy Due to Internalized Homophobia

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

This was a good chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.