Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Since I‘m reading the novel I had no big expectations for the end, which is why I‘m not disappointed. I really loved Mani‘s art style, it‘s really cute and full of expression, something that I miss about Moke‘s version quite a bit. There goes the first manga adaption. For the time being we can "only" look forward anymore to Moke‘s ver. and the Light Novel until a third contender - the anime - joins the triple AdaShima content again.

D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

If the anime adaptation follows this version of the series and not the LN i just might kill myself

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Why all the good manga have to get axed? I know that we're getting an Anime and a new manga but still, I really fell in love with Mani's storytelling and art. Moke version is a joke in comparasion. I wish they allowed Mani to continue the manga instead.. It's really sad but at least there's still the light novel translation going on and even though I'm not expecting much from the anime, I hope at least it would be as good as this manga.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

ok

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I feel like I've just wasted a bunch of time

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

It's sad that the manga had to end so prematurely, but it was still an enjoyable read. I look forward to reading the light novels once those start releasing in english next year.

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 11:51AM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Well, that was great.
I kinda fell in love with this one. Probably wouldn't have read the LN otherwise, I tend to not be interested in those, but it was o so worth it. AdaShima is love, AdaShima is life, or something. Thank you so much for the hard work. <3

Of course the LN wasn't written with the assumption the manga adaptation would end early, so it's not that satsfying an end. But I think it couldn't have ended at any better moment; you get the end of a very important arc, name reveals, and get a resolution on the ever-present question of whether or not they end up in the same class. I said it last time, but I hope the anime ends at the same place, if it's one cour. Which... Man do I want half a year of animated cute gay Adachi, but let's not indulge in impossible fantasies.

I've been loving this art but as far as manga adaptations are concerned, I'm still excited for Moke's. It's been adapting things under a different light (and at times skipping over stuff) and I must wonder how it will be once it catches up with this one. Regardless, more AdaShima is always good in my book.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

wait is this over????? what gives?? i was waiting for them to get together??????

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

That was adorable, and ends in a pretty light but also kinda painful way. Really wish this version got a proper full run, absolutely love the art here, and the pacing feels much more relaxed, which I appreciate. Oh well, here's looking forward to the LN translations and the newer manga!

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I knew it got axed or whatever, so I tried not to expect too much, but if Shimamura JUST learned Adachi's other name, then yeah, they have no future together. But still, I definitely will miss this one and hope to see more from Mani

joined Feb 18, 2015

I love the fact that neither of them knew the other's given name until they'd been really close friends for a long time and, in Adachi's case, well after she'd fallen in love.

84e6a6e7-57b4-46e6-b387-5a9bd44d45ef
joined Oct 10, 2014

Adachi was too cute in that panel my heart almost died

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

iirc the first time they meet in their hiding spot they did tell each others full name but both of them forgot about them since they weren't paying attention at each other yet. At least Shimamura did but Adachi forgot cause the Shimamura name caught her attention more or something like that.

Anyway, while I am personally in the camp that does enjoy the second manga and absolutely enjoys the LN more than either manga, I am still glad I read this one, it was how I found AdaShima in the first place and while it has it's flaws I also enjoy it's take in the story.

the LN text painted such a great picture of it, the actual images so far fail to do it any justice.

yeah I agree, a handful of times it feels like the images don't really show well what was described

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 2:01PM

joined Apr 26, 2014

What is the LN???

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

iirc the first time they meet in their hiding spot they did tell each others full name but both of them forgot about them since they weren't paying attention at each other yet. At least Shimamura did but Adachi forgot cause the Shimamura name caught her attention more or something like that.

Basically. Shimamura commented that it was like the store, so it's the part that stuck with Adachi, IIRC. Her first name didn't leave as much of an impression, Hougetsu is not exactly a noteworthy name after all.

What is the LN???

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/adachi_and_shimamura_novel
Go read iiiiit! This adaptation ended at the end of volume 3. I think it's worth reading through the parts already covered with the manga, but you decide, you should be able to follow the story well regardless (Yashiro is pretty much the only part of the story that the manga really fails to convey, I'd say, but adjusting to LN!Yashiro shouldn't be a problem). If you want to read the bonus stories (about Yashiro+Shimamura's sister and Hino+Nagafuji) though you may want to go back, they start from volume 2 at the end of each chapter and are not covered in the manga.

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 2:23PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

If you were to look for "Useless Lesbian" in an encyclopedia, you'd see Adachi's picture right there.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

It’s not just bad yuri, it’s a terrible story, dialogues, scenario. Everything! Ugh.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

It’s not just bad yuri, it’s a terrible story, dialogues, scenario. Everything! Ugh.

Yet you kept reading till the very last chapter..

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Don’t just leave nasty comments because you didn’t like how it ended. If you read it all the way through, you obviously had things you liked about it. At least say something like “it would have been better if this happened,” or “I wish they had done this.”
I for one loved the characters, though I do wish we had gotten a confession or realization of love scene.

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 6:03PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It was axed for god sake,i don't think it was mean to be the last chapter of the manga all together. Of course you're dissapointed because it end on nothing but god at least know the cirucmstances. The original plan wasn't to end it on that but since it was axed, they should have come with a simingly good ending which close more or less nicely and not end on a cliffhanger.

joined Mar 29, 2019

Nothing ever happens. That's the end? Nothing ever happened though! This was one of my favorite series, you're kidding me!

Nothing ever happened.

For the one's saying this was awful, nothing happened ect, ect. Read the LN, this was axed, I don't know what y'all expected, it wasn't that bad of an ending for it being axed anyways. But please read the LN it's sooo much better, you won't regret it.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Nothing ever happens. That's the end? Nothing ever happened though! This was one of my favorite series, you're kidding me!

Nothing ever happened.

i feel exactly the same way. i love these two. at least it ends on a positive note so i can imagine them getting together after. but i want like 5 more volumes.

edit: yeah, i know, i'll read the LN. even still a very disappointing conclusion to this adorable manga. I started reading the LN and it felt way less natural than this adaptation. kinda clunky, but maybe thats a function of it being translated from what amounts to YA fiction.

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 8:42PM

joined Apr 20, 2013

Booooring~~

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

All the hate is making me sad T_T

To reply you must either login or sign up.