Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Seems promissing... I'm curious about what comes next.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Feels way too random and forced. Author should have taken a look at Hina-san or something on how to set something like this up naturally ..

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like how she found out about the deal from the start, instead of making it a huge misunderstanding later on ... THAt would've been cheap drama

F7e7c9f162ec42798aef981ac8f87a64
joined Sep 23, 2017

I don't like the teacher.......

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

I like how she found out about the deal from the start, instead of making it a huge misunderstanding later on ... THAt would've been cheap drama

i know right, also daring lonely girl

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Kashikaze releasing a full series? Sign me up, this seems pretty good.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Teacher's weird, but it makes her interesting. I hope we keep getting more

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Not a fan of the setup, but the art's cute so I'll stick with it.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i actually thought she was the most interesting one lol. and the whole "do something lewd with me once a day and i'll go to class" feels like a rip off of hinosan no baka.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Seems promising... the teacher is a dumbass but everyone else is fine. Curious what’s up with lonely girl though.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Hino-san no Baka (gone wrong & sexual)
[RECOMMENDATION]

From a certain perspective it just looks like a student is being exploited by her teacher and her classmate
Don't look at media too seriously

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Hino-san no Baka (gone wrong & sexual)
[RECOMMENDATION]

From a certain perspective it just looks like a student is being exploited by her teacher and her classmate
Don't look at media too seriously

And from another perspective, the MC is selling herself for an uni recommendation. Whew.

Anyway, I'm a sucker for good art, so I will stick around for a few chaps, at least.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

subscribed!

i also thought of hino-san while reading the first chapter. i am a sucker for this kind of stuff though. these girls are just lookin for any excuse to be mega-gay. 'oh no. im being "forced" into kissing a girl. good thing i love it'

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I hate blackmailing, but I really like MC, so I guess I'll see how things develop for a bit. At least judging by Sora's reaction, she seems to said it more expecting MC rejecting her, so maybe she won't take advantage of her too much. I hate teacher though.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Wow, a college rec AND a girlfriend? How lucky can you get? But in all seriousness, while the teacher IS an asshole, we've all probably seen teachers demand more for less. I'm sure I've read at least one series with the same initial premise of a class rep having to drag a kid to school just because it was expected of them.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

The MC seems to be very close with her brother for her to accept doing whatever the other girl asks her, maybe just admiration for him, or a childhood promise.
And the teacher have a dark aura, I hope she doesn't have bad intentions and only is weird..

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The teacher definitely is a weirdo with some issues. That might become a problem later.

Sooo. I don't like blackmailing plots. This trope is almost never used for anything good. I have this faint hope that it may be the one out of a thousand chance that something worthwhile will be done with it. Like Honda slowly building up MC's resistance to pressure. Something mutually beneficial. Not every relationship starts on the best of terms, but there is always room for growth as long as the first hurdle is overcome. It is a very forced way to make a connection between them, but it would be wrong to judge the story on just one chapter and plot point. The general vibe from the main pair is not that bad.

Don't mess this up author. Please?

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 3:38PM

joined Jun 3, 2014

I don't understand the stakes in this blackmail of the teacher recommendation thing, do recommendations from teachers hold a ton of weight in Japan or something?
Also, I love the teacher, i stan

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

'i love fps games' by hiding in the bushes i love the teacher already

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 4:08PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm already on edge with this one but I'll give it a chance and see if it manages to successfully walk the knife edge of creepiness that most blackmail themed plots fall right off of.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I don't understand the stakes in this blackmail of the teacher recommendation thing, do recommendations from teachers hold a ton of weight in Japan or something?

Getting a reccomendation from a teacher drastically raises your chances to get into the place you want to. Japan doesn't give out praise like that easily.
This is problematic and worth the blackmail, because acquiring such a recommendation in exchange for making a backhanded deal like that would completely ruin the teacher's reputation. So to avoid that the teacher would completely flip the blame back onto the student. That would mean she would receive pressure from both the faculty and the students alike and most likely drop out of school or at least get bullied. No matter which, her career options would sink even lower.

Especially in Japan where image and rules are everything, this is a pretty big deal. Though in this situation the solution is quite simple... deny everything and push the delinquent angle. Who would believe a student that skips school and is a trouble maker, right? Too bad MC is the type that can't handle pressure and come to that conclusion. If this was one of those dark blackmail manga the fact that she already got kissed would be used for even more blackmailing by outing her as a lesbian or something.

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 4:46PM

xxSatsumaChan420xx
Dbd174e7-39d8-417f-8544-a30c85fd6e62
joined Oct 15, 2016

nice

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think she represents us so that’s unfortunate.

Somebody has to drive the yuri plot, after all.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Also, I love the teacher, i stan

We had a student like her except she didnt crack under pressure. My school was in a small town in the country but was moderately prestigious. I am sure they took that into account when she presented all her glowing recommendations. We (the staff) actually nicknamed her “Supergirl.” In any event her exams were great, but that combined with the letters (grades were third place) let her go to literally any university she wanted (probably she couldn’t have gone to the equivalent of Juilliard, but everything from the top 3 down was fair game.

Long story short: exams are #1 but letters are #2 and she can’t do tests. So the MC will use her grades and letter and probably confess to test anxiety which is very much a recognized thing in Japan. So her situation there is totally realistic.

The teacher’s behavior is utterly unrealistic. Even if it was a second choice school, the teachers are going to be held strictly accountable. I am not sure the other girl’s behavior is unrealistic. Japanese HS girls have done far stranger things for far less plausible reasons.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I don’t know

To reply you must either login or sign up.