Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well one thing I know for sure is that discussions shouldn't be based on stuff the author said on twitter, not here and not with Nettaigyo wa Yuki for example... It just leads to confusion and is like trying to piece together harry potter based on the idiotic things the author has said on twitter.

Not to mention, I would've loved to keep it spoiled for those who prefer (like me) to follow the story until THAT point... But is too late, I'm not mad, just disappointed... People are so desperate, like they can't read sport manga if the author doesn't confirm if they'll win the world cup.

Most of the suspension is now gone and a lot of the upcoming arcs or drama will feel like a drag "What the fuck are they doing this now we know they're gonna fuck so just get over with it!" or something like that

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 10:54AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not to mention, I would've loved to keep it spoiled for those who prefer (like me) to follow the story until THAT point... But is too late, I'm not mad, just disappointed... People are so desperate, like they can't read sport manga if the author doesn't confirm if they'll win the world cup.

Most of the suspension is now gone and a lot of the upcoming arcs or drama will feel like a drag "What the fuck are they doing this now we know they're gonna fuck so just get over with it!" or something like that

Has suspense about "will they or won't they?" ever been a major selling point for this one?

I thought it was pretty obvious from the beginning that eventually the story was going to go that way. The whole thing would seem pretty pointless otherwise, and for all the structural quirks of the presentation so far, I've always had the impression that ultimately the author knew where they wanted to go with the story.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Of course it is, considering is not just a yuri story with age gap, is incest! even if all signs point to that direction, to have official confirmation before it happens is still a major spoiler... And besides, most authors know how they will finish their stories (assuming it ends when they do it) but not all of them make a public announcement about it, specially not with romance. Maybe the author doesn't think is a big deal but I just wanted to have the choice to know for sure about the things the story itself doesn't say yet.

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 11:30AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Will they do it tonight I wonder

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Of course it is, considering is not just a yuri story with age gap, is incest! even if all signs point to that direction, to have official confirmation before it happens is still a major spoiler... And besides, most authors know how they will finish their stories (assuming it ends when they do it) but not all of them make a public announcement about it, specially not with romance. Maybe the author doesn't think is a big deal but I just wanted to have the choice to know for sure about the things the story itself doesn't say yet.

All I meant was “To me it never looked like it was going anywhere else.”

And there are lots of stories that feature “Will they or won’t they?” as a major point of interest to lure in readers and keep them hooked, or where the authors are obviously keeping their options open, depending on reader response or their own inclinations.

I never had the slightest impression this was one of those.

B61e85481cd305c6139d74d53e7100cf--pixel-ideas
joined Sep 20, 2017

ouch really can feel Asuka's pain in this chapter :( I really do hope they have a happy ending

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I've always had the impression that ultimately the author knew where they wanted to go with the story.

...if only she better knew how to get there.
Unless, this is REALLY planned out well and all the detours eventually accumulate into the most awesomest of storybeats. (But I don't quite see that coming as of yet. Color me pleasantly surprised if that happens, tho.)

For now, I'm just glad the story is moving forward (in the linear sense). I was really close to dropping it...
...but, whee~! My head's still spinning from all the hand-holding :O

There will be hugging I hope

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

There will be hugging I hope

At the very least, making out. As much as I'm rooting for the going all the way, I imagine the hot and heavy make out session will devolve into one or both chickening out at the last second, then awkward next day conversations.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

yall getting squeamish now while asuka been finger banging herself to her mom since volume 6???

joined Jun 25, 2017

I don't know if someone else commented about this (not gonna check 2000 comments), but Taiyaki did an small interview last year with a Latin American girl about her manga and her life. (it's in Spanish).
https://www.facebook.com/cynthiarth/posts/entrevista-a-taiyaki-sensei-mangaka-yurihace-unas-semanas-tuve-la-oportunidad-de/905889882869456/

Some important points:
Basically, she's a lesbian mangaka who started with Touhou and Saki fanarts. The first yuri she read was Marimite.
Her thoughts at first about writing an incest mother-daughter manga were similar to others: "it's strange/repugnant" but she also said that it's funny to make/read. She also loves age-gap stories.
What inspired her to write this manga was the novel "My man" (Watashi no Otoko) from Kazuki Sakuraba.
Her relationship with her mother is normal.
She doesn't care "that much" about piracy in other languages besides Japanese because she wants others to read her works, but it's a legal problem that must be resolved between the fans and the mangaka and that's the reason she's publishing the manga in other languages. She wants to publish it in Spanish too in a future.
She also talked about Citrus, Latin America and a what was her favorite work.

Thank you for the interview, didn't know!!!

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

You guys are so hilarious to think they would do the deed any time soon. They barely held hands (no finger locking) and sweating balls already.
I believe Taiyaki could never jump into a sex scene, the build up is real. Maybe another two years with more pi sigma chapters then we might get hickeys.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

You guys are so hilarious to think they would do the deed any time soon. They barely held hands (no finger locking) and sweating balls already.
I believe Taiyaki could never jump into a sex scene, the build up is real. Maybe another two years with more pi sigma chapters then we might get hickeys.

i'm fine with this, i want this manga to last since it's literally the only of it's kind as of right now

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

i'm fine with this, i want this manga to last since it's literally the only of it's kind as of right now

Oh I didn’t say this in a negative tone. I absolutely adore this manga’s slow pace and agonizing wait that destroys me everyday. Taiyaki is God

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

Oh I didn’t say this in a negative tone. I absolutely adore this manga’s slow pace and agonizing wait that destroys me everyday. Taiyaki is God

agreed, i love me a good slow burn

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

What an utterly obscene chapter. The last page rubs it under your nose even, letting nothing up to interpretations.

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 8:32PM

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

That they will eventually do the deed doesn't mean it will end with them living happily ever after.

Ofcourse- but I hope it does- they both seem pretty fragile in some ways, I dont want this to be a really dark and depressing ending with them both being messed up - or some convenient time skip to 'and now she is happily married to some random person and over her mom' 'realistic' ending.

I think it would be a refreshing change to make it end well- because basically there are none that have- that i remember. (not with motherxdaughter) and even the few sister/sister happy end mangas are all one shots I think

Except Mochi's Met My Sister on a Dating Site, Twin Sisters, and Yuri Natsu. These series are masterpieces and she's an incest overlord.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

When you read this series at one go, the pacing is not that bad. I think it’s the drip-drip-drip of the serialization (coupled with all the nesting flashbacks and the specials) that makes it seem so interminable.

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

i love the pacing i reread this all the time

joined Apr 2, 2018

And yes Taiyaki will have chapter 14.123456789 for us to read

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

why they both grabbing their crotches on the last page

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

why they both grabbing their crotches on the last page

I thought they were just grabbing onto the material of their dresses feeling that incredibly awkward incestual lust? Kinda like how a guy loosens his necktie when feeling hot under the collar.

joined Feb 23, 2016

The next chapters are going to be very interesting i would say

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

When you read this series at one go, the pacing is not that bad. I think it’s the drip-drip-drip of the serialization (coupled with all the nesting flashbacks and the specials) that makes it seem so interminable.

You're right. I've pretty much started reading this for the first time* today and just finished the 14 chapters currently available. The pacing felt really normal

*well actually I've read the first few chapters as they were coming out, but it made me too uncomfortable so I haven't touched it since.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

*well actually I've read the first few chapters as they were coming out, but it made me too uncomfortable so I haven't touched it since.

What made you change your mind about reading it again? I'm genuinely curious.

To reply you must either login or sign up.