Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Interesting

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Anyone know when the next chapter will be up?

It was supposed to be out on November 29th (if I understood Taiyaki's post correctly) but all we got on that day was 1 (one) solo page without any further reference regarding the date of the next release.

btw this image is supposed to be a set with the cover of volume 8

chu?

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 2:52PM

joined Jun 25, 2017

Thank you for always uploading as soon as you can.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Let's leave aside the relationship of those for now and ..." Let's not x_x

joined Oct 10, 2016

There's some drama series? Bruh.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Let's leave aside the relationship of those for now and ..." Let's not x_x

Don't you worry, we're way beyond that volume already.

__ezo_red_fox_and_grey_wolf_kemono_friends_drawn_by_tilt_shift__efd1bc949790b336ef144bde3f8dff58
joined Nov 17, 2016

I didn't "get" that ref at the end of 13.1+α on the first pass (though clear in retrospect, comments suggest I wasn't the only one. I think at least for me the double meaning of "delicious" wasn't quite obvious enough; as below putting the images in closer proximity helps).

It has been bugging me, does anyone know what word was used in Japanese?
Was it something with a more obvious double meaning? (the obviousness also has connotations for Ayako's thought process, if it is obvious it is less incriminating).

The raws don't seem that easy to find... poking around jisho.org seemed to suggest おいしそう may have the right sort of blatant double meaning, but that is just guessing. Made me realise how tricky translation can be sometimes since I can't think of an exactly right English word ("delicious" needs context, and thus implies context. tasty, yummy also not quite).

I think it refers to a lot of effort compared to normal on the bento, that's my guess anyways.

joined Feb 14, 2019

I thought I'd dropped the おいしそう thing, but this morning it suddenly popped into my mind that Google could provide a bit of insight into common usage.

Using Google (google.com.au accessed from Australia) image search (since images are easy to classify at a glance):
"delicious" has no "sexy" results, all related to food or names/brands (ie not going to count "DJ Delicious" since it is a deliberately ambiguous stage name, not a direct usage).
"おいしそう" has 3 results relating to sexual attractiveness (admittedly among 100s related to food; diluted a bit in that the results also had matches for 美味しそう).
The three hits were: Two articles for women wanting to be attractive, and one blogging about how her legs look in shorts, so looks like the "sexy" usage is probably a bit more prominent that for delicious in English, and would plausibly occur to/be used by a woman.

Thinking about it, a large part of the reason it caught my attention is that Taiyaki is usually very conscientious about reminding the reader if she makes a reference that isn't obvious.

joined Feb 14, 2019

I think it refers to a lot of effort compared to normal on the bento, that's my guess anyways.

It occurs to me that I never stated the meaning of おいしそう (oishisou). Probably assuming everyone knows Japanese better than me. Literally it means "delicious looking", and that is the "proper" meaning. Dictionaries also list a slang meaning, hot/sexy/desirable.
https://jisho.org/word/%E7%BE%8E%E5%91%B3%E3%81%97%E3%81%9D%E3%81%86

So a couple of pages earlier (p9) Ayako was struggling to find the right word for how Asuka looked lying on the bed underneath her ("a different kind of cute"), then Saya said oishisou and Ayako suddenly had a word for the vibe she had been getting from Asuka... one which made her lose her appetite. It is a good gag, just one that I suspect works a bit better in Japanese than in English (for a start a single word for "delicious looking" is a bit more obvious that just "delicious" since it refers to appearance).

joined Mar 5, 2019

^I wanna see that happen

I will create a Yuri world

You have my vote, Comrade

joined Jun 25, 2017

Wow, this makes the manga and Ayako and Asukas development so much better! Because this means Ayako also has had thoughts subconsciously before Asuka confesses. Soul mates?!

joined Feb 14, 2019

Wow, this makes the manga and Ayako and Asukas development so much better! Because this means Ayako also has had thoughts subconsciously before Asuka confesses. Soul mates?!

I was actually thinking the opposite, in that Asuka's body language was really obvious, yet it took Ayako until the middle of the next day (plus a hint from an unsuspecting co-worker) to put her finger on what it was. It suggests it was totally outside her thoughts (if she had feelings of her own, she probably would have jumped to a conclusion about Asuka more quickly). That's why I was wondering how obvious the delicious/oishisou ref was - ie if it was something an "innocent" mind would catch.

I have a feelng Alexrain is on the right track ( https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/521809 ), I'm not sure I think it has been as long as the whole two years, but Ayako acts so naive/inexperienced that it seems like this may be her first time falling in love. Even as she tells herself off for acting like Asuka's [jealous] partner, until this last chapter it doesn't occur to her she is acting that way because she is feeling that way. Interesting implications for her relationship with Asuka's father, and what Ayako and Akira may have to feel guilty about. I smell a flashback coming.

Building on that theory also suggests a different angle on the kissing thing - it has been stated Ayako has a lot of experience with people having crushes on her, yet it seems her legendary coldness always kept them at bay. She never reacted to their feelings, and that put people off. In addition to her tendency to coddle Asuka, her past experience may have led her to expect that people would just lose interest if she humored them (a couple of fatal flaws - Asuka is really persistent, and Ayako does react to her).

joined Feb 14, 2019

Harking right back to the first two chapters, I don't recall seeing people mention this, but it struck me as very conspicuous: with a single parent working full time, Asuka is cooking dinner for the first time at sixteen years old, and even then because she is trying to make a romantic gesture.

My parents had me cooking years younger than that, and I got the impression Japanese culture was even more that way. That makes me think there is a strong subtext that Ayako has been coddling Asuka, which is also consistent with her initially critical reaction (which otherwise seems out of character) - she is threatened by Asuka not needing her (and does a rapid back track when she realises she hurt Asuka's feelings).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I smell a flashback coming.

What? Unpossible! Lol

It is notable what an odd relationship Ayako and Atsushi (Asuka’s father) had—she was his tutor (so obviously a bit older), he proposed “very forcibly” on the very day he turned 18, they only registered their marriage, and although I’m not finding the spot right offhand, I recall that Ayako has a somewhat weird take when she thinks back on what Atsushi was like. (He never even knew Ayako was pregnant with Asuka, either.)

So, much as I hate to say it, there is definitely room for a look back at the actual marriage of Asuka’s parents.

Whadda ya say, about a dozen chapter/chapter fragment’s worth?

joined Jun 25, 2017

I was actually thinking the opposite, in that Asuka's body language was really obvious, yet it took Ayako until the middle of the next day (plus a hint from an unsuspecting co-worker) to put her finger on what it was. It suggests it was totally outside her thoughts (if she had feelings of her own, she probably would have jumped to a conclusion about Asuka more quickly). That's why I was wondering how obvious the delicious/oishisou ref was - ie if it was something an "innocent" mind would catch.

I have a feelng Alexrain is on the right track ( https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/521809 ), I'm not sure I think it has been as long as the whole two years, but Ayako acts so naive/inexperienced that it seems like this may be her first time falling in love. Even as she tells herself off for acting like Asuka's [jealous] partner, until this last chapter it doesn't occur to her she is acting that way because she is feeling that way. Interesting implications for her relationship with Asuka's father, and what Ayako and Akira may have to feel guilty about. I smell a flashback coming.

Building on that theory also suggests a different angle on the kissing thing - it has been stated Ayako has a lot of experience with people having crushes on her, yet it seems her legendary coldness always kept them at bay. She never reacted to their feelings, and that put people off. In addition to her tendency to coddle Asuka, her past experience may have led her to expect that people would just lose interest if she humored them (a couple of fatal flaws - Asuka is really persistent, and Ayako does react to her).

Whoa. I really really like this. You are right! It does seem like this is Ayakos first time falling in love. That just sky rocketed the romance for me. Like, it seems a tad bit more innocent.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well everything will seem very interesting from now on...

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 3:11AM

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

It will be the end of winter when we get a new chapter Dx

Tumblr_plvomarjwe1utm2ao_540
joined Dec 11, 2019

well this is good :3

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

W-why?

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

W-why?

It just feels that way. I hope someone translate the new chapter soon because I'm dying without a new update

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

W-why?

It just feels that way. I hope someone translate the new chapter soon because I'm dying without a new update

First half of the ch 15 was out yesterday. I think this time we are going to be done with it pretty fast.
But let me tell you this: I don't like where things are going in this chapter.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

W-why?

First half of the ch 15 was out yesterday. I think this time we are going to be done with it pretty fast.

Is it sexy time ?

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

W-why?

Is it sexy time ?

Thank you!
Also I loved the way things are going

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Is it sexy time ?

In all honesty I don't know how to answer this, spoiler notwithstanding. It's kinda heading that way.Or maybe it's not.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Very good new chapter ^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.