Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

joined Jun 25, 2017

I suppose we have a loong way to go until chapter 15
also the author took it too far with the hand holding thing!

You mean... Not far enough? Lol

joined Jun 25, 2017

well, I wasn't expecting Ayako to suddenly revert into a teenage girl and be all upset. It's a fantasy story but the immersion is kinda breaking since her reaction don't match being a responsible adult or parent

Exactly, the last few chapters, just makes it seem like they aren’t even mother and daughter, that’s the feeling I was getting in the few past chapters. Like I forgot, till they brought up.

I like that about the recent chapters. It's what makes this manga NOT creepy. It's a natural chemistry that they can't help?

joined Jun 25, 2017

Hmmm..I realized, I am all good with sisters, twincest and the like..but this mom and daughter.. it actually makes me uncomfortable, I'll nope outta here but wish it ends well and everyone enjoys the development.

You know, I'd almost agree with you IF, the author didn't write this in such a careful way, where it doesn't creep me out. I sense like a soul mate vibe, where it can't be stopped. And even Asuka has said it's not about sex for her. It's more than that. But meh, it's not for everyone. SAFE TRAVELS FRIEND.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Hmmm..I realized, I am all good with sisters, twincest and the like..but this mom and daughter.. it actually makes me uncomfortable, I'll nope outta here but wish it ends well and everyone enjoys the development.

It makes me pretty uncomfortable too but my morbid curiosity wins over me, I'm the type of reader that was hoping for Asuka to love someone else and for the mom to end up with Akira.

Honestly though, I think it's good that there's stories out there that manage to make us uncomfortable, I can't quite explain why because language barrier and whatnot but I like that about these series. Like, stories that make you feel negative emotions are important imo to distinguish from right or wrong at a personal level or to just have fun with how it progresses, reading stories that only make you feel positive emotions get boring after a while and they kind of tend to merge together in a blur of "the same thing" kind of. This is part of the reason as to why I really enjoy reading the GoT books or horror stories, or simply a good story with a lot of ups and downs with their characters and plot.

Ayako and Akira? No way. Ayako and Asuka all the way. Even Akira agrees. Lol no but really. It's weird, if normally agree with this BUT, this is way to well developed to want anyone but Asuka with Ayako.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

But I’m just slowly getting annoyed of ayako at this point. Just slowly, unless the author pulls something for her, like you know, be more like a responsible parent then anything.

Is she though? A responsible parent that is. The truth is that both Ayako and Asuka… have issues to put it mildly. They wouldn’t fall in love with each other if they hadn’t.

At first glance Ayako looks like a perfect mother rising her daughter alone – kind, caring, excellent at cooking. And Asuka seems to turn out pretty good too – almost genius, studying hard and trying her best to help her mother with chores. But she’s also extremely physically fragile, almost shut-in, neurotic to the point that worrying before exams making her sick and extremely dependant on her mother (which Ayako while being aware of didn’t do anything to discourage hoping that the issue will resolve itself eventually). Asuka’s also antisocial to the point that she has a hard time communicating with any of her peers except for few childhood friends.

On the other side, Ayako was missing clues about her daughter being in love with her right, left and center for at least two years and also missing (or being in denial) clues about herself lusting after her “delicious” daughter. Then the situation exploded spectacularly and while eventually being understandably bewildered Ayako managed it relatively well by discussing the matter and calming her daughter. But after that instead of seeking professional help she made very questionable decision of “appeasing” Asuka with kisses which predictably led to Asuka’s requests to escalate. Then Ayako started to miss all kinds of hints again – such as her being jealous of Asuka’s “experience”. And while trying in some ways (pretty clumsy as was pointed by Akira) to “let her daughter go” she decided to buy double bed for sleeping in it together while wondering herself of the reasons why she is okay with such an arrangement. She continued to be in denial for all kinds of things until the facts were literally shoved in her face at which point it all finally started to make sense for her.

So now she finally registers in her mind that, yep, she is head over heels for Asuka, was for quite a while, was extremely jealous as of late and also quite possibly was lusting after her “delicious” daughter for as long as couple of years. So it’s no wonder to me that while pondering on all that she’s holding her daughter hand while sweating and blushing like schoolgirl in love. Especially considering I have a very strong suspicion that it’s in fact may be a first time in her life that Ayako fell in love.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

It makes me pretty uncomfortable too but my morbid curiosity wins over me, I'm the type of reader that was hoping for Asuka to love someone else and for the mom to end up with Akira.

For real, as it disturbs me so much, I never like seeing this series get a new chapter but I can't stop reading. Which is strange cause yeah any incest, twincest, etc is like ok for me to simply read but when it's pairing like this....it's just...how do i even process this...

joined Jun 25, 2017

But I’m just slowly getting annoyed of ayako at this point. Just slowly, unless the author pulls something for her, like you know, be more like a responsible parent then anything.

Is she though? A responsible parent that is. The truth is that both Ayako and Asuka… have issues to put it mildly. They wouldn’t fall in love with each other if they hadn’t.

At first glance Ayako looks like a perfect mother rising her daughter alone – kind, caring, excellent at cooking. And Asuka seems to turn out pretty good too – almost genius, studying hard and trying her best to help her mother with chores. But she’s also extremely physically fragile, almost shut-in, neurotic to the point that worrying before exams making her sick and extremely dependant on her mother (which Ayako while being aware of didn’t do anything to discourage hoping that the issue will resolve itself eventually). Asuka’s also antisocial to the point that she has a hard time communicating with any of her peers except for few childhood friends.

On the other side, Ayako was missing clues about her daughter being in love with her right, left and center for at least two years and also missing (or being in denial) clues about herself lusting after her “delicious” daughter. Then the situation exploded spectacularly and while eventually being understandably bewildered Ayako managed it relatively well by discussing the matter and calming her daughter. But after that instead of seeking professional help she made very questionable decision of “appeasing” Asuka with kisses which predictably led to Asuka’s requests to escalate. Then Ayako started to miss all kinds of hints again – such as her being jealous of Asuka’s “experience”. And while trying in some ways (pretty clumsy as was pointed by Akira) to “let her daughter go” she decided to buy double bed for sleeping in it together while wondering herself of the reasons why she is okay with such an arrangement. She continued to be in denial for all kinds of things until the facts were literally shoved in her face at which point it all finally started to make sense for her.

So now she finally registers in her mind that, yep, she is head over heels for Asuka, was for quite a while, was extremely jealous as of late and also quite possibly was lusting after her “delicious” daughter for as long as couple of years. So it’s no wonder to me that while pondering on all that she’s holding her daughter hand while sweating and blushing like schoolgirl in love. Especially considering I have a very strong suspicion that it’s in fact may be a first time in her life that Ayako fell in love.

^^^^^ this is everything

joined May 11, 2016

All of you people getting squeamish over mother × daughter, this is your chance to bail!!!!

joined Jun 19, 2014

All of you people getting squeamish over mother × daughter, this is your chance to bail!!!!

too late. i’m 14 chapters in and ready to be weirded out and nauseated to the end

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING!?

like omg, plz let this happen!

Taiyaki brings taste to the mother x daughter fetish. I like how respectful they are when trying to explain such a sensitive taboo through Ayako and Asuka's point of views so far. With other mother x daughter works it's just hentai fap material with little substance. 1 x 1/2 got the meat and potatoes. Now we just need the gravy.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Comment 2100.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

This story is...

Edit: Taking quite the leap.

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 4:20AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

All this debate going on about "will they or won't they?" and here's me sitting alone in my corner thinking "why do people keep forgetting that the author has flat out said it's gonna happen?" and "did everyone forget that Ayako agreed to buy a larger bed so they could sleep together? Cuz no way that that's not gonna end up being a huge plot device to turn that corner".

Incest in general squicks me but courtesy of trainwreck syndrome I keep reading..

joined Mar 6, 2016

@ Vampire-asuna If I remember hasn't the mangaka already said on a fan service pic she put up on her twitter or wherever, 'don't worry they WILL be having sex one day?' So the author IS absolutely going to go there- unless they lied.

I have not heard or seen that twit. Would like to see that if you have it. If there is then it will be like those ‘we’ll do it for both of our experience to see how are future will us’ or ‘f up’ neither way we can’t think like the author does, but continue to be surprise by her works.

joined Mar 6, 2016

All this debate going on about "will they or won't they?" and here's me sitting alone in my corner thinking "why do people keep forgetting that the author has flat out said it's gonna happen?" and "did everyone forget that Ayako agreed to buy a larger bed so they could sleep together? Cuz no way that that's not gonna end up being a huge plot device to turn that corner".

I do apologize, cause I have not seen the twit. So if I do offend others, then I’m sorry for my lack of knowledge of what’s going on. I also forgot that part where ayako said that ‘we’ll buy a bigger bed’ part. So my viewed has changed now since you mentioned that. I was just pointing things that was going on in my mind for the last few chapters. But it doesn’t change my mind that ayako has became a bit annoying, just waiting for more to come for this character.

Ps. I do really wanna know what’s her Twitter. If anyone know hit me up, please.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I do apologize, cause I have not seen the twit. So if I do offend others, then I’m sorry for my lack of knowledge of what’s going on. I also forgot that part where ayako said that ‘we’ll buy a bigger bed’ part. So my viewed has changed now since you mentioned that. I was just pointing things that was going on in my mind for the last few chapters. But it doesn’t change my mind that ayako has became a bit annoying, just waiting for more to come for this character.

Ps. I do really wanna know what’s her Twitter. If anyone know hit me up, please.

I wasn't singling you out, it was generalization.

Her Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/tiyk66

The Tweet about how the deed is gonna be done: https://mobile.twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1135754820638236673

I had to back and search through 40+ pages to find those again lol

Edit: Argh someone posted the link right before me, that'll teach me to watch Netflix at the same time

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 5:15AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I see all these people still wondering about how this would end and I just need to quote myself from more than half the thread ago...

It's titled 1 x ½. I think it's fairly clear how it'll end.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

This is becoming so dumb and insufferable that I reflexively rolled my eyes

That's a first, I'll forever remember this series for inducing such a response in me

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I don't know if someone else commented about this (not gonna check 2000 comments), but Taiyaki did an small interview last year with a Latin American girl about her manga and her life. (it's in Spanish).
https://www.facebook.com/cynthiarth/posts/entrevista-a-taiyaki-sensei-mangaka-yurihace-unas-semanas-tuve-la-oportunidad-de/905889882869456/

Some important points:
Basically, she's a lesbian mangaka who started with Touhou and Saki fanarts. The first yuri she read was Marimite.
Her thoughts at first about writing an incest mother-daughter manga were similar to others: "it's strange/repugnant" but she also said that it's funny to make/read. She also loves age-gap stories.
What inspired her to write this manga was the novel "My man" (Watashi no Otoko) from Kazuki Sakuraba.
Her relationship with her mother is normal.
She doesn't care "that much" about piracy in other languages besides Japanese because she wants others to read her works, but it's a legal problem that must be resolved between the fans and the mangaka and that's the reason she's publishing the manga in other languages. She wants to publish it in Spanish too in a future.
She also talked about Citrus, Latin America and a what was her favorite work.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That they will eventually do the deed doesn't mean it will end with them living happily ever after.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I suspect it'll happen, then they'll be shocked that they did it, try to figure out how they feel about it; and it'll probably take a while before happening again.

And once they get bored with that they'll have a threesome with Akira.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One thing the Dynasty forums have done is to open my mind to a wide array of previously unknown and unexpected human behavior.

The reader response, "OMFG! After 2 full years and 32 releases/chapter fragments, I now realize that this is mother-daughter incest! I'm outta here!" is certainly one such example.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That they will eventually do the deed doesn't mean it will end with them living happily ever after.

Ofcourse- but I hope it does- they both seem pretty fragile in some ways, I dont want this to be a really dark and depressing ending with them both being messed up - or some convenient time skip to 'and now she is happily married to some random person and over her mom' 'realistic' ending.

I think it would be a refreshing change to make it end well- because basically there are none that have- that i remember. (not with motherxdaughter) and even the few sister/sister happy end mangas are all one shots I think

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 9:39AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

One thing the Dynasty forums have done is to open my mind to a wide array of previously unknown and unexpected human behavior.

The reader response, "OMFG! After 2 full years and 32 releases/chapter fragments, I now realize that this is mother-daughter incest! I'm outta here!" is certainly one such example.

Someone might of only found and read through this manga recently too I guess? Or just assumed it woudnt 'really' go there.

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 9:44AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.