Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Sans%20titre
joined Feb 8, 2014

^ Except Yuu's demi-romanticism is, at best, debatable.

Why? I think it made a lot of sense. She found her pretty and started falling for her as she got to know her better. I found Yuu's feelings quite relatable.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

I can feel this manga getting an anime adaptation in the future...dont know when but it will get one eventually

I don't really want. A lots of yuri (and better) deserves to be an anime but this one, not really.

Plus, come on Aki is THE best girl here, give her a girlfriend

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

kerii posted:

Why? I think it made a lot of sense. She found her pretty and started falling for her as she got to know her better. I found Yuu's feelings quite relatable.

I find terms demiromantic and demisexual pointless, because what people use to call it, I simply call "falling in love". To me falling for someone only after spending long time with them and getting to know them is how falling in love should work. Everyone is different and everyone needs different amount of time to feel comfortable with other person. Giving some arbitrary time limits and labels only alienate people over something that works differently for everyone. I would never call myself demisexual/romantic. I'm more than capable of finding someone attractive and fall for them in very short amount of time if we hit it off yet I also experienced falling for someone only after spending over 2 years with them and initially not finding them attractive at all. If I wanted to label myself 1 way or another I'd just be limiting myself.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I was wondering how they were going to extend this when they both confessed in the first chapter, but they really made this interesting! The "growing into love" part reminds me of Bloom Into You, but it's still a fresh enough take to keep me wanting more.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

kerii posted:

I find terms demiromantic and demisexual pointless, because what people use to call it, I simply call "falling in love". To me falling for someone only after spending long time with them and getting to know them is how falling in love should work. Everyone is different and everyone needs different amount of time to feel comfortable with other person. Giving some arbitrary time limits and labels only alienate people over something that works differently for everyone. I would never call myself demisexual/romantic. I'm more than capable of finding someone attractive and fall for them in very short amount of time if we hit it off yet I also experienced falling for someone only after spending over 2 years with them and initially not finding them attractive at all. If I wanted to label myself 1 way or another I'd just be limiting myself.

Totally agree. This also give me traumatic flashbacks to all the idiots who jumped to conclusions and just assumed Yuu was asexual.

So is “Did something good happen?” a specific Japanese cultural idiom? I’ve seen it a number of times in other manga/anime, along with “Something good must have happened” and other slight variations.

In US English I guess it would be a more general phrase like, “You seem cheerful,” or something like that.

I'm not sure if it's unique to Japan but they use it a lot. It's basically a catch-phrase for certain characters, like Meme from the Monogatari series.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 5:32AM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Chapter 9 was released on Mangadex.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah it's a little concerning, it's been 3 days x0

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I don't really want. A lots of yuri (and better) deserves to be an anime but this one, not really.
Plus, come on Aki is THE best girl here, give her a girlfriend

Yeah. I have weird unsatisfactory feeling while reading this. Main characters are lacking something? They are so cliché and their feelings boringly portrayed. Another story where I mostly sympathize with the unlucky secondary character. The art is really nice so it's worth it.

last edited at Oct 29, 2019 8:08AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

kerii posted:

For me those two go together, if I don't feel something for the girl I won't wanna "do" anything, I don't care about random good looking people,I see most people do and that's fine but I've never been able to relate and it makes me think there is a difference,hence such terms might be useful for people like myself. Your point is mmkay too, but just wanted to say these "labels" can help oneself to explain how they feel to the world.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I like this ,somehow, it is sorta cute but the whole "I don't know what is this feeling" thing gets tiring for me quickly, I hope they move on.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Yaaaaaay! Cookie lady!!! Both of those things are great! every time there's a new chapter I'm still all like "such priddy drawings"

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

New character, eh? I wonder who she'll be shipped with?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Beefaroni posted:

New character, eh? I wonder who she'll be shipped with?

Cheesecake

last edited at Oct 29, 2019 9:22AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Yori's rival appears!

joined Jul 26, 2019

We might have a laugh when yori goes to "taste" himari's first cookies ^^

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Oh, look, a third sister. Wonder if she got friend zoned as well. Speaking of which, cooking-senpai should be paired up with one of the sisters. That'd make one less loose end.
Also, Yori would get diabetes receiving cookies from Himari, and that's before taking a bite.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

lord-of-roses posted:

Oh, look, a third sister. Wonder if she got friend zoned as well. Speaking of which, cooking-senpai should be paired up with one of the sisters. That'd make one less loose end.

I'm all for yuri but I don't think everyone is gay! is always the way to go xP sometimes you just need a friend!!!

last edited at Oct 29, 2019 11:31AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

kerii posted:

Look carefully at what you wrote and realize that you just entirely marginalized the way demi-romantic and demi-sexual people feel. You flat out say
"I'm more than capable of finding someone attractive and fall for them in very short amount of time if we hit it off yet I also experienced falling for someone only after spending over 2 years with them and initially not finding them attractive at all."
Alright then... you are NOT demi... the fact that YOU are capable of that doesn't mean that it is the UNIVERSAL TRUTH. There are people who are NOT capable of finding someone sexually attractive in a very short amount of time (demi-sexual) and others who are not able to fall in love with someone in a short amount of time (demi-romantic). They have to form a strong bond with the person before the feelings they are "demi" about will happen.

While I would argue that demi-romantic is probably a more healthy way to enter a relationship, it isn't necessarily the norm. Most relationships do start based on the first rush of sexual and romantic attraction when a couple falls in love and not from a long term friendship that turns into love after months or years. Of course, most relationships also end in failure... but I don't know that the success rate is any better for one style over the other. Humans are humans...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What about threequarter-romantic then ? Either you're in love or you're not but you can't be inbetween. Of course there are people who can't fall in love at first sight neither in a short amount of time but feel a strong bond with someone but isn't that what you call a friend ?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There seems to be a lot of conceptual tension between people identifying themselves as [a-/demi-/grey-, etc. -sexual/-romantic, etc.] on the one hand and identifying others (including characters in fiction) that way on the other. The "labels" that some people decry obviously help other people to see that their own pattern of relationships, whatever it may be, isn't "weird" or "abnormal" but something shared with many others.

One drawback of insisting on labeling others with what purport to be "identities," though, (besides the fact that fictional characters aren't necessarily consistent with real human psychology and behavior anyway) is that people can and do change--patterns are only patterns until they're broken, and a descriptor that fits someone at one point in their life may not apply at another.

tl;dr: Labels sometimes help; labeling sometimes doesn't.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

The addition of cooking senpai was done nicely, since Himari's current standing on romance was made clear in a fantastic way
This seems to be turing out to have great potential

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Also, Yori would get diabetes receiving cookies from Himari, and that's before taking a bite.

QFT.

It was a good chapter. A setting-up chapter and hardly any interaction between the MCs (tho, why didn't she feed her?).
It was nice to see they were on each another's minds (small girls / loved ones to cook for)... but.. the chapter felt somewhat slow / off-beat to me. Dunno why... but I'm just gonna assume there's gonna be loads of pay-offs.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Baking for your beloved senpai - coming soon in the next chapters (Idk. I'd love to see that she cooks something for Yori-senpai.)

Picsart_05-15-11.56.08%20(2)
joined Jun 17, 2018

Damn I love this. It's reminding me of Bloom Into You a lot

joined Sep 5, 2018

What about threequarter-romantic then ? Either you're in love or you're not but you can't be inbetween.

Demi-romance(/-sexuality) isn’t about being in love or not being in love. It’s about being able to fall in love/feeling sexual attraction because your personal bonding requirement is fulfilled… and having zero romantic/sexual interest in anyone at all if the requirement is not fulfilled, possibly for long periods of time. It’s not uncommon for demis to not be interested in anyone for years, sometimes even over ten years or maybe even longer. Since demi-sexuality is probably easier to explain than demi-romance: Most people apparently sometimes consider other people they just met, including random passersby on the street, as sexually attractive but choose not to do anything sexual with those people for various reasons: maybe they’re not into casual sex and prefer to have a stable relationship first, or maybe they are already in a relationship and are faithful to their partner. Demi-sexuals on the other hand simply never are attracted to people they just met so they don’t have to choose not to do anything.

Not all of the above has to be true for all demis but it’s commonly mentioned. For example, it’s also possible for a demi to always be attracted to someone if their circle of friends/acquaintances is large enough and several people fulfil the strong emotional bond requirement. Since the strong bond is required but not sufficient, they’re not attracted to all of those people at the same time, though, or even at all. Probably.

Of course there are people who can't fall in love at first sight neither in a short amount of time but feel a strong bond with someone but isn't that what you call a friend ?

Friendship can be a strong bond and I’d guess it’s the most common way for demi-romantics/-sexuals to start a relationship, but it’s not the only option.

Maybe it’s a colleague who you often work together with and you realize you approach problems from the same angle and cooperate well and during coffee breaks you have a common interest to talk about. You might not consider each other friends, but it can certainly be a strong bond.

Or maybe it’s someone from your sports club who you meet regularly and get along with well.

Or maybe that person on the train you’ve been seeing every morning for the past year who often reads the same books you do, often buys the same new releases you do and when they read a book you don’t know yet, you buy it too and realize you like it too. You haven’t even talked once, but you might still feel a strong bond with that person over a shared interest.

Eh, I’m rating. It ’s kinda hard to explain and most people don’t seen to get what demi-romance/-sexuality is about. Or maybe I’m just explaining it badly. I’m just glad that my family mostly stopped asking about my lack of relationship and chose to bother my younger siblings in relationships about marriage and kids instead.

To reply you must either login or sign up.