Forum › Unicorn and Sabishigariya Girl discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

You can point your finger on someone else buddy. I'm not against peoples having discussions here but i rather prefer not having to deep analysises about things the author probably don't think of.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust; if others won't do it the editor must.
Or in this case, interested readers.

joined Apr 10, 2014

Chapter 1.2 pg 13 A unicorn the size of a full blown horse have 1 leg up in air and 3 legs standing on one Japanese standard sized stair step... amazing!!!

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Poor random-kun. His fate must've been terrible considering the size of that horn.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Booo,so lesbian sex keeps women virgins? boooo ,other than that,I am liking this weird thing.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Booo,so lesbian sex keeps women virgins? boooo ,other than that,I am liking this weird thing.

Eh, it means they can do the do without breaking the contract which is a better reason to adhere to heteronormative purity culture nonsense than any of the other ones I've come across.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Eh, it means they can do the do without breaking the contract which is a better reason to adhere to heteronormative purity culture nonsense than any of the other ones I've come across.

Hmmm, ok if you say it like that, it does sound good after all!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

why isn't the title fully translated? wouldn't "Unicorn and Lonely Girl" work?

I struggled to think of a way to translate "sabishigariya" in a way that's distinct from how "bocchi" translates to "lonely" (eg. Bocchi Kaibutsu, Hitoribocchi), so I went with what the author phrased it as.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Goggled Anon posted:

I struggled to think of a way to translate "sabishigariya" in a way that's distinct from how "bocchi" translates to "lonely" (eg. Bocchi Kaibutsu, Hitoribocchi), so I went with what the author phrased it as.

I can understand that, but nobody is going to know what "sabishigariya" means anyway, so idk if that's the best approach. Then again plenty of groups don't translate title at all.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes. I am totally into it. Let the games begin!!!

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm kinda amused she didn;t KNOW what a virgin was...

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

I think "easily lonely" instead of just lonely might work? "The Unicorn and Easily Lonely Girl"?

Even through it's usually translated as lonely, I always thought "solitary" or "all alone" works better for "hitoribocchi". Someone whose "bocchi" is all alone and isolated with no friends at all (and may or may not be lonely as a result).

Someone whose "sabishigariya" gets lonely easily despite having friends (and has social anxiety problems like agreeing to go to a party but wanting to go home). She calmly turned down an invitation to eat lunch instead of being overjoyed to have been asked at all so she's not totally isolated from her classmates.

Translating is hard.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Goggled Anon posted:

I can understand that, but nobody is going to know what "sabishigariya" means anyway, so idk if that's the best approach. Then again plenty of groups don't translate title at all.

Quick google search tells me "gariya" (がり屋) translates to "one who is" or "one who tends to be", so "sabishigariya shoujo" would translate to "girl who is lonely" or "the girl who tends to be lonely", assumedly referring more to her trait of feeling lonely rather than just her status as a loner.

Yeah, I'm gonna stick with Sabishigariya Girl if it's alright with you.

joined Sep 19, 2015

The pinnacle of class introductions.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Goggled Anon posted:

Goggled Anon posted:

Quick google search tells me "gariya" (がり屋) translates to "one who is" or "one who tends to be", so "sabishigariya shoujo" would translate to "girl who is lonely" or "the girl who tends to be lonely", assumedly referring more to her trait of feeling lonely rather than just her status as a loner.

Yeah, I'm gonna stick with Sabishigariya Girl if it's alright with you.

Well, it's "someone who gets lonely easily", but phrase "easily lonely" like "easily depressed" doesn't sound natural in english and phrasing it in a way that sounds good is hard, so hence I agree with your dilemma. "Unicorn and Girl Who Gets Lonely Easily" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

last edited at Oct 26, 2019 9:07PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

That's a pretty un-woke definition of virgin.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Pffft unicorns are gaaaaaay (lol)

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well, it's "someone who gets lonely easily", but phrase "easily lonely" like "easily depressed" doesn't sound natural in english and phrasing it in a way that sounds good is hard, so hence I agree with your dilemma. "Unicorn and Girl Who Gets Lonely Easily" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

And Sabishigariya Girl does?

6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

That font is a fucking trash. Is it that hard to add smoothing?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ancient definitions for ancient magicks.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I'd like to believe that was the Unicorn's way of getting lonely girl to say that she will never do it. Her smirk before she told her gave me that vibe.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wtf ._.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

does that mean she can have sex with girls all she wants tho? b/c if so, that definition is actually favorable in this (very gay) situation.

joined Jul 26, 2016

does that mean she can have sex with girls all she wants tho? b/c if so, that definition is actually favorable in this (very gay) situation.

That's exactly what it means yes. Rules Lawyering for fun & profit!

Korne
joined May 18, 2018

mmmhmhmrrrrjrrjgkgggkllsmmmmmmmmmAAAAAA

joined Oct 27, 2019

I love this authors' One Shots, so glad she's making a series!!! ❤

To reply you must either login or sign up.