Forum › It's Like a Spring Storm discussion

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

very chaotic but i am intrigued, as i can sortta relate to Miss Useless Lesbian in a Tux

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I thought this was one of those old manga that got abandoned by the scanlating team and only got picked up again recently, based on that chapter. Surprised to see it be the first chapter

joined May 11, 2016

i legitimately could not follow what was happening at all in the first 5 pages.

This.....

Oh and short hair girl is ewwww.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Useless Lesbians: The Movie: The Manga

Gotta love weddings getting interrupted, it's one of my favorite cliches.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hahaha this was a nice, but useless lesbians like most people say. In time we will learn more about them so i don’t care about that messy introduction, at least we got to see what they thought about each other from their point of view~ so like kubz say: If you’re cool with that and down with that EVERYONE BUCKLE THE FUCK UP cuz here we go~

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 12:34AM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Some adult yuri (that's not a one shot)? Now this is a rare treat.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

adult life yuri is truly a blessing, but it's gotta be good too...

Akari-daisuki
joined Dec 19, 2015

This pacing is whack. How tf did they just go through the entire plot of a bad rom com in one chapter?

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

What made him shitty? Please explain this to me because I seriously don't understand.

edit: Like, you don't have to feel pity for him or anything. I don't. But what do we even know about the guy? He was gonna be married to Aoi. That's literally all we ever found out.

He nearly got in the way of yuri and he's a guy. Therefore, his existence is worth less than dogshit.
My reasoning is flawless.

If you want an half-hearted attempt at a serious response, he agreed to go through with an arranged marriage with someone he knew fuck-all about without bothering to confirm whether or not she was happy about it. The dissatisfaction was plainly written on her face; someone (not him) even asked why she looked so down about it all.

Therefore, he's probably walking garbage masquerading as a human. Maybe.

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 7:13AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Minalinsky posted:

If you want an half-hearted attempt at a serious response, he agreed to go through with an arranged marriage with someone he knew fuck-all about without bothering to confirm whether or not she was happy about it. The dissatisfaction was plainly written on her face; someone (not him) even asked why she looked so down about it all.

That's how arranged marriage works. It's all about stability, not being happy. You're supposed to learn to love your partner over time after marriage, not before it.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Some adult yuri (that's not a one shot)? Now this is a rare treat.

It's not that rare. Some stories are just not hosted here right now. Couple recent ongoing examples that are being translated and are nice and fluffy:

Hayama Sensei To Terano Sensei Ha Tsukiatteiru
Teiji ni Agaretara

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

That's how arranged marriage works. It's all about stability, not being happy. You're supposed to learn to love your partner over time after marriage, not before it.

I don't see how this is contrary to anything I said.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Minalinsky posted:

What made him shitty? Please explain this to me because I seriously don't understand.

edit: Like, you don't have to feel pity for him or anything. I don't. But what do we even know about the guy? He was gonna be married to Aoi. That's literally all we ever found out.

He nearly got in the way of yuri and he's a guy. Therefore, his existence is worth less than dogshit.
My reasoning is flawless.

Nah the arranged marriage are handled by both families and usually you have an interview beforehand to know your partner and decide, so if you say that he agreed to marry her without knowing her and that makes him shit, then the girl is also shit because she agreed to marry him without knowing him... It was probably the mom who called her and told her to met the guy. If you see her behavior, she had the option to refuse any time but she couldn't be bothered to do it on her own, so she was looking for someone else to do it for her... To give her an excuse to disagree, Arranged marriages are something very busy people do sometimes, they don't have time for romance but the social pressure in Japan (and many places in the world) makes them find a partner ... Truly we live in a society

Is actually the manga's fault for omitting many details and jump straight to the wedding hahaha

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 12:37PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Arranged marriages are the result of the Japanese society's pressure to "marry and make kids". A woman older than 25 not married, or at least in a long term relationship, is already considered lost for the cause and her parents are wringing their hands. Let's not talk about lesbians.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I mean, we shouldn't stick to all Japanese stereotypes just out of tradition. There's more and more women who go back to work after having a kid (more than 50% these days Google informs me), just as there's more and more singles in Japanese society in general (depending on age groups at least 30% and up).

So while those attitudes of course persist and you might get comments and so on it's nothing outrageous anymore.

SomeoneUneverMet
joined Oct 18, 2019

Yo! Uploader 2 chapters are already release upload it here so more people can read it... Onegai

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Nah the arranged marriage are handled by both families and usually you have an interview beforehand to know your partner and decide, so if you say that he agreed to marry her without knowing her and that makes him shit, then the girl is also shit because she agreed to marry him without knowing him

But you see, the critical difference here is that only one of them is getting in the way of yuri. Him.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Minalinsky posted:

Nah the arranged marriage are handled by both families and usually you have an interview beforehand to know your partner and decide, so if you say that he agreed to marry her without knowing her and that makes him shit, then the girl is also shit because she agreed to marry him without knowing him

But you see, the critical difference here is that only one of them is getting in the way of yuri. Him.

Welllll when you put it like that I have no argument

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 7:54PM

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

That was so fast I feel like I got whiplashed.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Minalinsky posted:

To be perfectly actually serious, he shows up again in chapter 4 and validates everything I said about him being walking garbage.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Minalinsky posted:

Minalinsky posted:

To be perfectly actually serious, he shows up again in chapter 4 and validates everything I said about him being walking garbage.

I won't get that far, I had to drop it at chapter two when Aoi said "I did it to thank you... we're not dating lol" feels like "why are we here, just to suffer?" moment and the other girl doesn't waste a second to remind Aoi that she's been living off her work for an entire month...like....wow imagine that! is not like she was living off Aoi's san work and effort previous to that or anything, oh wait she totally did! so I just feel 0 empathy for these girls.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I won't get that far, I had to drop it at chapter two when Aoi said "I did it to thank you... we're not dating lol" feels like "why are we here, just to suffer?" moment and the other girl doesn't waste a second to remind Aoi that she's been living off her work for an entire month...like....wow imagine that! is not like she was living off Aoi's san work and effort previous to that or anything, oh wait she totally did! so I just feel 0 empathy for these girls.

So - basically everybody in this series is more or less an awful person and not even the narratively engaging kind of awful?
Nice premise. :|

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

random posted:

So - basically everybody in this series is more or less an awful person and not even the narratively engaging kind of awful?
Nice premise. :|

I would pick 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock instead, similar situation (Artist and an OL living together but not quite lovers yet) but you can totally love the characters and they take their time to show that... But it takes some time to see updates

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

How many times has it been in the last month or so that I've ignored something on this site for several days before I checked it out only to find myself loving the very thing I ignored? 3? 4? 5?

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Nah, I think they're adorable.
People are over-blowing what happens in the Ch.2, it's not because they don't like each other, it's because they're both dorks. In the newest chapter Aoi actually agrees to get married so it really was just a little hiccup in Aoi's perception of their relationship.

To reply you must either login or sign up.