Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Thank you BV. I knew I can always count on you completely missing my point and writing something irrelevant. What I would do without you <3

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

There's something almost cathartic about knowing that no matter how much the world changes, the Dynasty forums will always have people arguing about something inconsequential. Carry on, friends.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ouch. Double ouch. Ouchtacular.
Sakurako cutting her hair again, I could overlook. Kasumi... what have you done? This is inadvertently going to ruin my entire love and respect for this manga. How could you?
Joking aside, dying your NATURAL hair color black for job interviews is a travesty and Japan should be ashamed.

The one thing I will give Yukiko here is that she is absolutely not afraid of drastic changes. She burns through the years and settings at a good pace and she changes hair and clothing on a whim. Even if I do not at all agree with those changes sometimes, I can still respect her for going through with it.

My prediction is that after doing her job interview or getting the job the place she works for turns out not to care about hair color and Kasumi will stop dying it, because that is bothersome anyway lol

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 3:46AM

joined Oct 3, 2016

So I was reading this for like the 3rd time because I wanted to find out if there was a chapter of Sakurako giving Kasumi a hickey. Turns out there was but the scene I was thinking of was from another Manga. So anyways I found out that Sakurako is the way she is because... Kasumi put on the brakes too late.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Mission failed, we get it next time.We've got matching even if it's only thumb rings. Worth noticing that Kasumi doesn't deny the living peacefully together so there's that.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 4:37PM

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I got confused by this chapter for a moment until I remembered that Kasumi dyed her hair last time.

IT LOOKS UNNATURAL, OK?!

Anyway, you girls keep on being fluffy lovebirds.

Worth noticing that Kasumi doesn't the living peacefully together so there's that.

Missing the most critical word in this sentence.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 4:34PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Missing the most critical word in this sentence.

You saw nothing

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

No... No no no.
I can't get used to that black hair no matter how hard I try. Such a shame.

Getting rings is always nice though (even better that Saku is already planning to get the engagement rings once she has a job). Kasumi really cares about getting that job a lot too, so soon they'll be entering their married- I mean adult career part of their lives.

Mission failed, we get it next time.We've got matching even if it's only thumb rings. Worth noticing that Kasumi doesn't deny the living peacefully together so there's that.

More importantly she was okay with getting the engagement rings some day. Not even denial, just saying some day.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 4:52PM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch59#9 Sakurako considers proper rings, but she wants to save up some more with fulltime job first. That day is not too far away, folks!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I always mistake this one to Swap Swap and think "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat an update?? wasn't this finished? Woaaah" and then I remember.

I know both don't have a thing in common, but I was reading both at the same time and now my mind associates them

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 5:11PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch59#9 Sakurako considers proper rings, but she wants to save up some more with fulltime job first. That day is not too far away, folks!

Also, there's the little house with the white picket fence that they'll be needing sometime in the future. Those are costly too.

Img_20191002_184339
joined Sep 14, 2019

so soon they'll be entering their married- I mean adult career part of their lives.

But they've been married for a long time now.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

so soon they'll be entering their married- I mean adult career part of their lives.

That's why I corrected myself. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

joined Jan 11, 2018

If this was any other series I'd say that last page was foreshadowing, but this series is too laid back.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Aren't thumb rings an old school (western/US?) identifier for lesbians? I wonder what popular foreign drama series Sakurako was watching.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ouch. Double ouch. Ouchtacular.
Sakurako cutting her hair again, I could overlook. Kasumi... what have you done? This is inadvertently going to ruin my entire love and respect for this manga. How could you?
Joking aside, dying your NATURAL hair color black for job interviews is a travesty and Japan should be ashamed.

Just in case you wasnt aware, Kasumi's hair has always been dyed - her natural colour is brown.

I guess it was easier to go black than try to remove the blonde- and to better fit in too i guess. She could have got away with brown fine too tho I think for jobs, unless its very light.

p.s I do agree it sucks that in Japan people in work feel so obliged to fit in they must all have black hair.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

elevown posted:

p.s I do agree it sucks that in Japan people in work feel so obliged to fit in they must all have black hair.

They don't feel obliged to fit it. They're often required to. And it starts in school, where you can get expelled for not having "natural" color hair. Good thing it's changing, though it'll still take time.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Who is that girl!? Oh..right.. She changed her hair

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Just in case you wasnt aware, Kasumi's hair has always been dyed - her natural colour is brown.

I guess it was easier to go black than try to remove the blonde- and to better fit in too i guess. She could have got away with brown fine too tho I think for jobs, unless its very light.

Uh... what? Kasumi never dyed her hair before. Her hair was always brown. She was never blonde in the first place.
She has light chestnut brown hair. That's how she was portrayed on every color page and nobody ever called her blonde.
So... no, she had no need to remove anything. Literally having light brown hair is too much for Japan apparently. It's a tragedy.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Theyre are? U sure?

joined Aug 1, 2019

Honestly surprised Sakurako's favourite thing to eat isn't Kasumi.

Also Kasumi's new hair colour & Sakurako's new haircut made me think I clicked on the wrong thing for a bit.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 9:38PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Theyre are? U sure?

Since Chapter 1, yeah.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Uh... what? Kasumi never dyed her hair before. Her hair was always brown. She was never blonde in the first place.
She has light chestnut brown hair. That's how she was portrayed on every color page and nobody ever called her blonde.
So... no, she had no need to remove anything. Literally having light brown hair is too much for Japan apparently. It's a tragedy.

I forgot it was normaly brown lol- ive not seen a color shot of her for a good while- all i see is the manga where her hair is drawn without ANY shading, so it couldnt be lighter and i thus always imagine her as blonde.. I duno why if she has brown hair they didnt use a light shading in her b&w hair to match its tone?

And I always wondered why they are so up tight about other hair colours in Japan, yet you get so many blondes - and weird hair colours, in anime?

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 11:35PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

And I always wondered why they are so up tight about other hair colours in Japan, yet you get so many blondes - and weird hair colours, in anime?

Making characters easy to distinguish from each other tends to be a major pragmatic starting point. Plus visual impact etc. And blondism tends to gets fetishized six ways to Sunday even in cultures where it actually naturally occurs at meaningful frequencies in the population; it's doubly exotic to East Asians who are phenotypically pretty much universally and exclusively black- or at best very dark brown-haired.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 11:45PM

joined Mar 6, 2016

I always mistake this one to Swap Swap and think "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat an update?? wasn't this finished? Woaaah" and then I remember.

I know both don't have a thing in common, but I was reading both at the same time and now my mind associates them

bruh, I know how you feel!! I read swap swap at the same time too. It’s sad that it’s coming to an end, I believe we have a few more chapters left like 3 or 4 (if I’m way off I’m sorry, my mind is off in it’s own world right now) but I did association them together sometimes. I think I could be that both of the manga gives off the same vibes, with the subtext and comedy in them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.