Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really hate to see such a life-and-love-positive series end up with so much agita and aggro in the forum threads, but I guess it’s sort of built-in—I think this more than ever:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/458924

I swear, one of Yukiko-sensei's favorite games is trolling the "they're basically married but are they dating?" crowd.

Each new installment seems to bring some new example of the depth and longevity of the MC's relationship while withholding the kind of "evidence" the skeptics apparently are waiting for.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Always the same discussion between the same people, again and again. This thread is so boring and repetitive...

From the point of view of Japanese readers (the target audience) there's nothing to discuss. K&S are lovers, they've been cohabiting for a long time, they'll have some kind of marriage ceremony any day now. That's it. Easy, obvious, in-yer-face canon.

White Rose said the final word on the subject a while ago, and further expanded on the details a little later. I'm too lazy to summarize it here, so just go reread those posts if you want enlightenment.

THANK YOU NENE-CHAN!!! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ~♥~♡

I put a lot of effort into analyzing and explaining this manga in the original context it's meant to be understood. It's so nice to know my contributions are appreciated.

Hey I followed the 2 links above and read your articles. Is it all right if I translate them and put them on my blog? (giving you full credit of course)

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I really hate to see such a life-and-love-positive series end up with so much agita and aggro in the forum threads.

You and me both.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The sceptics argument is always the same, Kasumi don't seem interested in Sakurako but you have to consider that is because of Kasumi natural laziness. She love Sakurako as much as Sakurako love her, she is just too lazy to be as proactive as Sakurako is and even if she was,she doesn't seem the type to do it. She state multiples times that she don't understand why she must prove her love because for her it's rather obvious.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

To be fair, i feel like your analysis is a bit wanky but that's just my opinion.

Hehehe, well, the way I see it, the manga is a bit wanky, so there's nothing strange with your opinion. Wanky, I mean: a honest-to-goodness lesbian wish-fulfillment story where we are supposed to connect with the MC and enjoy as she wins the love of an amazing woman. More or less in the same vein as the Kase-san or Tadokoro-san series, y'see?

Always the same discussion between the same people, again and again. This thread is so boring and repetitive...

From the point of view of Japanese readers (the target audience) there's nothing to discuss. K&S are lovers, they've been cohabiting for a long time, they'll have some kind of marriage ceremony any day now. That's it. Easy, obvious, in-yer-face canon.

White Rose said the final word on the subject a while ago, and further expanded on the details a little later. I'm too lazy to summarize it here, so just go reread those posts if you want enlightenment.

THANK YOU NENE-CHAN!!! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ~♥~♡

I put a lot of effort into analyzing and explaining this manga in the original context it's meant to be understood. It's so nice to know my contributions are appreciated.

Hey I followed the 2 links above and read your articles. Is it all right if I translate them and put them on my blog? (giving you full credit of course)

Be my guest. ♡

last edited at Oct 11, 2019 9:35PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Going separate ways, eh.....

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I always love how in these more slice of life stories how there really isn't any difference between regular chapters and the 'bonus' chapters

joined Feb 23, 2016

How much i hope kasumi’s hair wil go back man..

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Going separate ways, eh.....

Well, Seri and Shouko both live near the uni like kasumi and sakurako- I guess Seri is assuming when her Senpai both get jobs they will end up living somewhere else- there wont be any need for them to stay near uni after all.

I'd guess Kasumi and Sakurako WILL get a new bigger place, but who's to say how far it will be from Seri and the others? I guess it seems quite soon to Seri because it's not even been a year since she got into their uni and they are already getting ready to go.

p.s I wonder if it's true that you could have blond hair no issue in certain industries like entertainment that are more creative or less stuffy

last edited at Oct 20, 2019 7:17AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I guess it seems quite soon to Seri because it's not even been a year since she got into their uni and they are already getting ready to go.

Given Kasumi and Sakurako are in their 3rd year of Uni, it's already the 2nd year for Seri. K&S still have a bit more than a year in Uni before graduate. Sakurako was already talking about having another place after she graduate back when they were at Sakurako's house for New Yar.

Btw i thought the trip after graduation was their honeymoon not just a regular trip.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I didn't remember Seri and Shouko, almost thought those were Sakurako's sister and her classmate lol

joined Dec 3, 2018

Btw i thought the trip after graduation was their honeymoon not just a regular trip.

Why would really close best friends go on a honeymoon?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Why would really close best friends go on a honeymoon?

To celebrate their marriage?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Lilliwyt The college years went so fast I thought it was just 2 years? Not all courses are 3+

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

@Lilliwyt The college years went so fast I thought it was just 2 years? Not all courses are 3+

Hinako just start her 1st year in college and since she is two year younger than Sakurako, it's easy to make the calculation.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sakurako only wanted to ogle Kasumi while she tried new bras, didn't she?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I wouldn't say only, but it was certainly a big part of it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Double honeymoon? Madness. I guess it's not unheard of, but you sure are lax Saku.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I wouldn't say only, but it was certainly a big part of it.

Sakurako is a giant perv. Then again, living with a goddess like Kasumi, who wouldn't? ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm super happy that the new storyarc is starting soon. The college years were fun and all, but I wanna see them buy that little house with a white picket fence and officially become working adults living together in sweet married bliss. And I want the scene where they go deliver a gift of hikkoshi soba to their new neighbors! ("Hi hi, we're the lesbian couple next door! We just moved! Let's have a long and pleasant neighborly relationship!")

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Do we know there IS a new arc? Maybe it ends with college graduation?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Probably, Probably not. It depend if Yukiko want to end on college or not.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Probably, Probably not. It depend if Yukiko want to end on college or not.

They just set up a double honeymoon post college, so it's hard to believe she will stop here. At worst she will have that trip as the final arc, but I doubt it.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Probably, probably not. It depend if Yukiko want to end on college or not.

There have been hints that she plans to keep on truckin'. Plus, the series have only been going on for 5 years, that's not so long compared to other popular series (like Virgins' Empire).
And ayk editorial pressure on the authors to keep making the stuff that sells is very strong in Japan. I think it's safe to assume there's still a lot of Futaribeya to come.

Btw it should be "possibly, possibly not." "Probable" means more than a 50% chance, so "A is probable & -A is probable" doesn't add up. :))

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They just set up a double honeymoon post college, so it's hard to believe she will stop here. At worst she will have that trip as the final arc, but I doubt it.

Maybe even a triple with Moka and Riruko

Btw it should be "possibly, possibly not." "Probable" means more than a 50% chance, so "A is probable & -A is probable" doesn't add up. :))

Thanks for that, i know my english is not the best so i try my best to beclear.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Riruko

It's Ruriko (or Koruri, depending which of the other characters you ask).

To reply you must either login or sign up.