Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I think you are all falling for the very obvious "twist". She did nothing lewd to her. You are falling for the same trick as Koguma.

I guess it depends on how far exactly she went and where Omichi's line for this kind of panic runs. Hino herself does admit that she did something that she usually does to Koguma, and I don't really see her lying to Koguma. Misrepresenting the truth by omitting important facts, always, but she's never outright lied to her. It remains to be seen whether she went too far or whether Omichi overreacts to something relatively innocent, but something Hino still would usually do to Koguma.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Well, she did do things to Koguma when the latter expected something lewd but then Hino did sometheing relatively casual... which still gots misread (e.g. having her finish her candy - which turns out to be another piece; telling Koguma to take off her bra - so she can measure her si--... okay that one still was kinda kinky but y'all get the idea) until it's resolved.

We don't know for sure if when Koguma arrived at the scene here, if she interupted something (another of Hino's misleadingly phrasings) or the dirty deed was already done.

But... yeah, my bet is on the twist. Which is basically the theme of the manga.
But the twist on the twist here is that it has Koguma reflect on their relationship how she rather has it being an exclusive one.

As for Hino, her initial response was clearly an unhappy one. Even she thinks, the things she does are creepy - unless she's doing them to Koguma. And her first response to Koguma was a rational argument, to protect Koguma, not a kink-driven response like "but I always do these things to you, too".

Gotta love how their power-dynamic quickly shifts on p11.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Now that's totally cheating. You're such an idiot Hino san I can't believe you....

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

While it’s been established that Hino is somewhat aware of her feelings for Koguma, Koguma has never really recognized her feelings for what they were. Sure, she knows that something keeps her coming back to Hino, despite the harassment, she doesn’t really know what that thing is.

See, I'm with you that this "arc" will cause the two to reassess their relationship or realize their feelings more strongly, but I think you're looking at this backwards. It's not Koguma who is doesn't know her own feelings, it's Hino. We're told that Hino began her little teasing games because she thought that Koguma and her reactions were cute - in fact, not too many chapters back, in one of the very few solo Hino chapters, we see Hino question herself as to why she's continuing to tease Hino because there's something just beyond Koguma being cute - though what that thing is, she doesn't know. And whether or not it's something of an act, Koguma doesn't often seem to grasp the extent or the implications of her teasing.

On the other hand, Koguma has understood those implications very well the whole time - it's why she reacts the way she does with the more lewd or intimate moments, or gets upset when she allows Hino something intimate, but the girl either leaves her hanging, or does something sweet and kind. And only a few chapters ago, we have Koguma all but admitting that she would've wanted Hino to kiss her while she slept.

Since the beginning I've had the impression that it's Koguma who knows just what she feels, and she's only confused/perplexed by Hino's actions/attitudes. Not to mention, Koguma has low self esteem (about her body and anyone being interested), and Hino seems to have her own issues with herself. If this arc will do anything, it'll be to get Hino to maybe see that Koguma feels something for her, or that she feels something special about Koguma. I think Koguma already know how she herself feels.

All that said, I often find that sticking another character (and a childhood friend, no less) really upsets the balance of a manga in a bad way. I hope Omichi doesn't stick around, and if she does, that there isn't a love triangle - imagined by either of our heroines or not.

last edited at Sep 16, 2019 2:17PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I think you are all falling for the very obvious "twist". She did nothing lewd to her. You are falling for the same trick as Koguma.

But this time it will be different!

My corn is ready.

joined May 24, 2014

Oh no, she DIDN'T! XD

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

The novels going on in the comments....... Over analysing a funny silly yuri manga......

Baka

Take my advice, never major in English. You will never be able to not over-analyze a work of fiction... or say anything succinctly... ever again.

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

I am impressed.
A slice of life manga took 40 (forty!) chapters to introduce a third character.
This has to be a record.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Lol that was the first time Hino was scared of Koguma

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 3:33AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

The novels going on in the comments....... Over analysing a funny silly yuri manga......

Baka

Take my advice, never major in English. You will never be able to not over-analyze a work of fiction... or say anything succinctly... ever again.

Meh, as long as you're enjoying yourself. This manga is enjoyable itself without over analysis, everything and everybody has flaws lol (I'd say no one is perfect but perfection is a personal preference)

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Hell hath no fury like the friend of a bullied dark skinned loli.

Cheating

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

YES THEY DO
NOW FUCK OFF YOU USELESS THIRD-WHEEL, FIND OTHER GIRL TO BULLY YOU, AND LEAVE THESE TWO ALONE

Ah-hemm

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 10:54PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"it didn't work out"
The fact that you had to go and try is bad enough --- agghh... I'm too mad to say anything and very disappointed in Hino san

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Gee, if only something about Hino-san no Baka hinted that maybe Hino-san isn't exactly the brightest.

All I'm sayin is, life is a learning experience, so give her a break.

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

oh now THIS is spicy content.
confession WHEN

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

For some reasons, I suspect that Hino hadn't actually done anything to Omi yet, as Omi ran off just at Hino's description of stuffs she was gonna do :-?

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 11:13PM

joined May 24, 2014

Yes! Have her watch

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

For some reasons, I suspect that Hino hadn't actually done anything to Omi yet, as Omi ran off just at Hino's description of stuffs she was gonna do :-?

Shh... Don't spoil the next chapter

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Almost got an confession.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

If there's anything that can help me unsee that bizzare dream I had, it may just be this chapter.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

just kiss already. sheesh

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

kill the spare

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Let's play a game:

Re-read the whole series in one go and everytime Koguma says "jerk" you take a shot of your strongest drink avaiable.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 12:32AM

joined Feb 15, 2019

Let's play a game:

Re-read the whole series in one go and everytime Koguma says "jerk" you take a shot of your strongest drink avaiable.

Hino-san no Baka drinking game- alcohol poisoning edition
XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.