Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

After that thought, Kaoru goes home and sits next to Reiichi on the couch... and tells him she's been thinking about wanting kids with him.

I swear to god, if she is serious about that, i stop reading that shit. I just hope she asking it to see if he see their life together in the long term, which i think it's pretty obvious at this point that he not. Still, Kaoru is a coward. She could just ask him directly about the matter but try to found another way to approch it. But just the fact that she might be serious about that make me mad.

IMO, the implication is that she wants to know if he can see them together in the long term. I don’t think she wants kids with him - she just doesn’t want to lose anybody else. Uta’s departure seems to have hit her hard. I think, since Kaoru has been with Uta for quite literally their entire lives, she got used to (figuratively) being in a relationship with both Uta and Reiichi, to the point where she never fully noticed just how incompatible she and Reiichi were (e.g. him being lazy, listless and non-committal), since Uta was always there to fill in the blanks (e.g. Uta would hang out with Kaoru or cheer her up whenever she was down).

joined Jul 26, 2019

You think kaoru asks reichi that she wants a child just to know if he is considering a future for his couple? it's quite possible because it will mean that kaoru will finally understand that rei doesn't really care about her…

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Reiichi’s commitment to making the marriage work is deeply inspiring—a true soulmate.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

getting kinda boring :X

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

........Really?

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

Uhhhh What??? That is not how you fix this problem???

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

"I didn't feel like she is lying" ???? Hello, you see them together recently.How the hell can you think she is not lying ? I don't even know what Risako think anymore, i thought she want to go back with Reiichi, if it's not already done and now she said that to Kaoru ? What did she think ? That Reiichi will creep out and drive away from Kaoru ? Risako is a big mystery i can't grasp yet. Kaoru is a big mess and can't even think straight, the Risako is lying reflexion is what seal the point. Kaoru know that they seen each other as she witness it but still seem to want to deny that.Seriously, i come back on that but what the hell is the reflexion for ? You see them, there is not need to think that she is a good liar.

And the biggest yikes for me, the baby. I don't know what Risako's goal by saying that and i don't have a fucking clue what Kaoru thinking by saying that. What are you trying to achieve ? You suspect your husband to have an affair with one of your friend and instead of trying to confront him, you tell him "Let's have a baby". I start to understand why people don't like Kaoru.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I didn't think Kaoru could get any lamer but here we are.

I also think how the author is making the case possible for a Uta x Kaoru endgame is pretty lame. It was always kinda bad, but especially felt forced in this chapter with the direct "But Uta would've done this..." comparisons.

I don't even blame Reichii for how he is acting. I don't blame that he didn't want to go out that day. It was a good reason. I don't blame him for not being aware of how Kaoru is feeling because she never fuckin talks about it. He even asks her what's up at the end and she lies. Like we're shown over and over how he is a bad husband, but she never calls him out for it. I can't take her problems seriously if she isn't proactive in dealing with it. How can I feel bad for her if she never even tried to fix them properly in the first place?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

"Kaoru is inevitably thrust further into her 'marriage'." I don't know why, I can't explain it, but that line on the cover just had me laughing for several minutes straight. It's too much! It's so flagrant! I can't even.... hahahahha.

Oh jeez. Okay. I think I recoverted now. Where to begin? Kaoru is still a coward who can't address her issues. Now that Uta is gone she can't distract herself from the "cheating" anymore. Risako lying about it is not necessarily confirmation either though, because both of them know what that would sound like. It might be a white lie (not that I really believe that).

So what is Kaoru's solution? BIND THAT GAMERLORD TO HER WITH A CHILD. Classic. Always works. Much more reasonable than talking things out. If he put one into the oven he can't escape and the kid will be such a huge distraction that she can hardly even remember the threat of cheating anymore! Brilliant.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Plot twist: Risako has been into Kaoru all this time and trying to get her by destroying her relationship with Reiichi.

I mean, it’s the only way this story could turn Yuri at this point. Run Uta run!

joined Feb 18, 2018

"Kaoru is inevitably thrust further into her 'marriage'." I don't know why, I can't explain it, but that line on the cover just had me laughing for several minutes straight. It's too much! It's so flagrant! I can't even.... hahahahha.

Oh jeez. Okay. I think I recoverted now. Where to begin? Kaoru is still a coward who can't address her issues. Now that Uta is gone she can't distract herself from the "cheating" anymore. Risako lying about it is not necessarily confirmation either though, because both of them know what that would sound like. It might be a white lie (not that I really believe that).

So what is Kaoru's solution? BIND THAT GAMERLORD TO HER WITH A CHILD. Classic. Always works. Much more reasonable than talking things out. If he put one into the oven he can't escape and the kid will be such a huge distraction that she can hardly even remember the threat of cheating anymore! Brilliant.

The sad part is this strategy is actually used by many straight women in real life. With different degrees of success. So the story is actually realistic, just in a very frustrating way.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

There is a yuri story where woman with uninspiring husband has love affair with her daughter childhood friend. This is prequel. But seriously story got off rail when Kaoru fell from the stair. Now it’s a mess. And, yeah, some people do think that kids reinforce not-a-good marriage.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well the first rule of Shitty Relationship Club is that having a baby always makes everything better, after all.

Maybe she's just saying that to see how her shit husband will react, since she just confronted the fact that Risako is a suave ass liar but still caught nonetheless. Though it's more likely that shes just being wishywashy as usual because she still hasn't figured out how to be responsible for her own damned happiness.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

How can I feel bad for her if she never even tried to fix them properly in the first place?

It's a bit more complicated that you make it sound like.It's not your classic misunderstanding situation, we talk about cheating with straight up lies. It's easy to say that Kaoru should walk up to Reiichi and ask him about that but in reality it's more complicated, Kaoru is in a mess after the whole Uta storm and she still trying to stay focus. Reiichi is now the only thing that keep her not alone, so it's difficult for her to ask Reiichi about that because if he say it's true and decide to go with Risako then Kaoru will be alone and depressed.

Honestly, yes Kaoru can do it but it's really difficult for herself right now to not but even salt in the injury and we talk about a simple cut here.

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

KAORU WHAT THE HELL

I CANT WHAT JUST what I what Im just...

What

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

I dont get it I dont get it I dont get it I dont get it I dont get it

If in the Next chapter NOT break up with Kaoru i give up this Manga finally.
Kaoru is a freakin Blind Stupid Woman.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 11:36AM

joined May 29, 2019

honestly I'm digging the depiction of this marriage, the tone and feeling of unease. train wreck my shit up senpai

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The sad part is this strategy is actually used by many straight women in real life. With different degrees of success. So the story is actually realistic, just in a very frustrating way.

Oh I'm completely aware, that's why I called it a classic.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 11:41AM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Sigh

joined Jan 11, 2018

How can I feel bad for her if she never even tried to fix them properly in the first place?

It's a bit more complicated that you make it sound like.It's not your classic misunderstanding situation, we talk about cheating with straight up lies. It's easy to say that Kaoru should walk up to Reiichi and ask him about that but in reality it's more complicated, Kaoru is in a mess after the whole Uta storm and she still trying to stay focus. Reiichi is now the only thing that keep her not alone, so it's difficult for her to ask Reiichi about that because if he say it's true and decide to go with Risako then Kaoru will be alone and depressed.

Honestly, yes Kaoru can do it but it's really difficult for herself right now to not but even salt in the injury and we talk about a simple cut here.

Still had she said anything about either issues (her husband or Uta leaving) this situation wouldn't happen.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 12:17PM

joined May 1, 2013

It... it kind of seems like a lot of people here somehow can't tell that Kaoru saying she wants to have a baby is supposed to be desperate, sad, and alarming? Like, there might as well be neon lights flashing that this is a bad choice, the way it's written? It couldn't possibly be clearer?

I'm just like absolutely baffled anyone is reading this and thinking it's the story of Straight Couple Drama when 1. the relationship should end immediately for many reasons the author has spelled out very well, and 2. Kaoru questioning her sexuality is a big part of what's going on here.

joined Feb 18, 2018

How is Kaoru questioning her sexuality? AFAIK her thinking about Uta could just be her missing her little sister. How is the fact she is asking to have a baby with her cheating husband a sign she deep down suspects to be a raging lesbo? Lol it would have to be the biggest case of “reaction formation” psychological defense in manga history.

I don’t buy it.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 11:58AM

joined Jan 11, 2018

How is Kaoru questioning her sexuality? AFAIK her thinking about Uta could just be her missing her little sister. How is the fact she is asking to have a baby with her cheating husband a sign she suspects to be a raging lesbo? Lol

Yeah she hasn't done much questioning about her sexuality. All her attachment so far has been shown as platonic, she hasn't shown romantic feelings for Uta.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 12:07PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

For now I only read this manga for the ridiculous body proportions. It makes me laugh every time.

joined Apr 1, 2017

We still don't even know why this sham of a marriage happened in the first place. They need to hurry up and get on with that already.

To reply you must either login or sign up.