Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Sans%20titre
joined Feb 8, 2014

That was so WELL WRITTEN. There's a thousand ways it could have been handled wrong. The resolution was really satisfying

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Everyone thinks this chapter was so great and the characters acted so realistic, and of course they are right... and there's a reason for it: everything that happens is solid, time-tested tv romcom/dorama fare!

If this keeps going like this, I mean going the Japanese dorama way, then in next chapter Mio will forgive Shizuka after Shizuka weeps and wails and apologizes on her knees long enough. :)

Woohoo, I was right all along! Yay, me! :))

That was some superb telenovela stuph. Shizuka played the changing moods of the cheating hubbie down pat, and Mio was a perfect little waifu to the end. Lines like "I don't want to hear about that woman!" (when her partner tries to explain what's going on with the other one) are classics. And of course in the end they found a way to stay together, because it's not good romantic comedy if it doesn't end with a kiss. Thumbs up!

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Jesus do some of y'all not remember what it's like to be a teenager and emotionally confused

I liked this a lot. It was amazingly well written. there was no two-timing either, they weren't even going out prior to this. just, great work. felt good.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I was scared when Shizuka left, banging the door behind her. Then I was ecstatic when she returned. Marivaux would have totally approved of the way that scene was handled. ( ͡♥ ͜ʖ ͡♥)

joined Dec 18, 2018

There are quite a lot of people on this forum thinking that a 15 y/o should be as wrecked and scornful as themselves.

it was more that i'm tired of seeing romance stories where one party hurts the other party in a very deep, fundamental way and it always seems to get brushed under the rug in favor of "but we love each other so it's okay you hurt me so bad"

i'm not saying they shouldn't have ever gotten back together, but shizuka has been more or less jerking around mio from the start, and that level of hurt should've had consequences for shizuka outside of "go outside and think about what you've done"

I'm not sure how any of this qualifies as the issue being "brushed under the rug".

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I'm happy that this is how the situation begins but I don't think they will last long

joined Oct 24, 2014

this plotline feels the most compelling (since its drama city in an otherwise sort of goofy, horny, feel-good story) but i also dunno if i could take all this drama without all of the other fluff going on haha. at the same tho that slows down the progression quite a bit -- shizuka and kaoru won't cross paths again for another 40ish chapters. not really spoilers but to be safe the last few have been mio's POV but i'm hoping after 198 we get more chapters of this pair from shizuka's POV. really wanna know what that girl is thinking about this relationship. it's hard to trust her from mio's POV because she's always been shown as the sort of mysterious sempai who always knows just what to say and do, and very rarely appears vulnerable.

actually i totally understand why mio was like, "i don't wanna hear about that other girl," but it probably would be a good idea for them to have a conversation about that other girl. at some point.

anyway i'm rooting for these stupid kids. always surprised that a goofy, horny, feel-good story also generally does a good job at feeling emotionally honest.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 9:14PM by OrangePekoe

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

What an awful way to start a relationship.

Shizuka attempted to use Mio's affection to gain Kaoru's attention. She values Mio less than Kaoru.

All that crying because she was going to end up with no one.

This could have been the perfect example of young love failing. Being strong to make that decision to cleanly make that break, reflect why it failed, and move on.

I am never going to be able to view this relationship positively.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Phew. Thanks for your work, everyone. I really appreciate it!

The view counts on the MangaDex releases left me a bit disheartened, and this series never makes "Most Popular in Last 7 Days" so I wanted to share some internal numbers of our own!

Virgin's Empire ranks second this month in Series Page views with just under ~32k, trailing Bloom Into You at ~59k, and leading 1 x ½ at ~26k.

Virgin's Empire has the second most views on its discussion thread this month with ~18k, trailing Bloom Into You at ~32k, and leading Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl at around ~11k.

The average view count per chapter this month sits around 10,000 per, with chapter 148 leading the way at ~14,000 views, and chapter 145 trailing behind at just over 5,000 views.

I'm yet to figure out exactly why the view counts vary so much chapter-to-chapter, which is pretty interesting on its own. Anyway, just thought that might be worth sharing!

On a totally different note, I've thought for a long time this series could use its own pairing tags given the variety of couples. On the other hand, this could leave the series page feeling cluttered. Any thoughts?

joined Jun 28, 2018

I love this manga. I love this manga so goddamn much.

joined May 11, 2016

I love this manga. I love this manga so goddamn much.

Here take my like, thumbs up, star, cookie, favorite.

joined Sep 6, 2018

It would be nice if one of the couples grew up to be the characters in “Maka Maka”.

How many chapters to go? This series is lasting longer than “Cheers” tv show.

This series is turning into one of the last, great yuri series... I don’t know how this website will attract readers when this manga series is over.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Why are we still here?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It would be nice if one of the couples grew up to be the characters in “Maka Maka”.

How many chapters to go? This series is lasting longer than “Cheers” tv show.

This series is turning into one of the last, great yuri series... I don’t know how this website will attract readers when this manga series is over.

Raws were up to 201 last time i checked.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

On a totally different note, I've thought for a long time this series could use its own pairing tags given the variety of couples. On the other hand, this could leave the series page feeling cluttered. Any thoughts?

Frankly I'd be all for it. I have a very very difficult time remembering names and keeping names associated with faces (despite the fact that there is definitely no "same face syndrome" going on in this one).

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I guess a second chance is alright, although it's already enough

To be honest, even if the person I loved did that to me, I would try to work things out like that because I love them. It's a normal reaction, but I wouldn't say it's the most favorable one. Senpai herself is just a major red flag, just feeding on someone else's attention because you can't get the special attention you want is horrible

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This manga should be more popular of course, maybe the long abandonment hurt it's popularity (and the jump from batoto to MD) who knows, it should at least have the same or more than Mudazukai... Or maybe because at the start the style wasn't as cute as it is today... I mean damn! if people knew how Onibi senpai looks they would LOVE IT!

shadesofgreymoon posted:

Frankly I'd be all for it. I have a very very difficult time remembering names and keeping names associated with faces (despite the fact that there is definitely no "same face syndrome" going on in this one).

I think what we need is a chart with pairs and which chapters they appear like we used to have with A Kiss and A white Lily For You... Because seriously that other manga really had problems with it's cast! xD hmmm the problem would be to have it in a place where everyone can find it.... Maybe is a credit page bonus page?

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Been waiting to see this chapter.

Since it's hasn't been posted here as far as I can tell, the series is translated but not typeset up to chapter 189 on 4chans /u/ board in the Virgins' Empire //// Otome no Teikoku threads by TL-O Anon. You can read them all there if you want to get ahead.

Here is a link to the thread containing the next chapter: https://yuki.la/u/2944196 (155 starts almost halfway down the page)
Here is a link to the thread after that: http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/2957252#p2957252
Here is a link to the current thread: http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/2972504

They also have links to all the untranslated raw chapters up to 201 so you can see what is coming.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

My heart has retracted from my ass

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

"who left this bowl of onions here"

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

"who left this bowl of onions here"

Who poured this onion powder in my eyes. Excuse me for a second while I get the hose for the industrial water pump...

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I don't see this ending well for anybody involved.

_20181030_021259
joined Apr 21, 2017

Why are we still here?

Just to suffer

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Just started reading this. This is amazing! Wish I read it sooner.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

This manga should be more popular of course, maybe the long abandonment hurt it's popularity (and the jump from batoto to MD) who knows, it should at least have the same or more than Mudazukai... Or maybe because at the start the style wasn't as cute as it is today... I mean damn! if people knew how Onibi senpai looks they would LOVE IT!

shadesofgreymoon posted:

I think what we need is a chart with pairs and which chapters they appear like we used to have with A Kiss and A white Lily For You... Because seriously that other manga really had problems with it's cast! xD hmmm the problem would be to have it in a place where everyone can find it.... Maybe is a credit page bonus page?

We were thinking about creating the chart once finished with the editing (or maybe O-Chan would once finished with the translations).
I think having the tags would be useful, especially when we're creating the credits, we use to search for specific chapters and we mostly use the table of contents to find them but it's pretty hard to. Also, it would probably be the only official Manga with this method (not that I care), I wouldn't mind having more tags on the pages. I'll leave the decision to you.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 2:55AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.