Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

She's basically a female pickup artist I'm not sure what I'm supposed to like or respect about that. It really seems like she just straight up does not perceive others as actual people with thoughts and feelings rather than objects that exist to amuse her until she finds a new shiny thing to be amused by.

Look, is kind of hard for me to explain why I like her, we can see she is not a horrible person thanks to the chapters that she interacts with her sister, but I don't like her because of that too, I like her because her weirdness makes her entertaining. She is like the mix of a casanova with a drama queen and adding her self confidence and weirdness justs makes her a very funny character for me, there's not a chapter that she at least doesn't make me giggle a little (I think probably just the infirmary one wasn't funny to me tbh)

Well, sorry for my possible really bad explanation, you and the other people that don't like her have good reasons for that, I'm just silly. lol

No, that's fair I'm not gonna judge you for liking her even if I don't get it. I'd be a lot less harsh about her if we didn't keep seeing the aftermath of her cavalier treatment of other people's feelings like I got no beef with players as long as they make sure everyone involved knows the rules of the game it's just she doesn't and people keep getting hurt as a result.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 5:03PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

There’s a good chance they’ll be waking up naked in bed when it finally dawns on them, too. . .

Implying they didn't have done that already

joined Sep 5, 2018

I think these are all the pairings:
Mahi x Mahi
Ai x Chie
Nononon x Yumimi
Honoka x Elisha
Michiru x Airi
Kanae x Haruka
Mari x Yuu
Miyoshi x Ayano
Onibi x Nao
Shizuka x Mio
Midori x Hibiki
Mask x Kaoru
Mayuyu x Mariri

Almost all of us are here for the yuri, but to be fair, Ed x Ian should also be on that list.
Actually, weren’t they the first couple officially going out (chapter 57)? Even the MahiMahi couple was only introduced as “super duper friends”…

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I think Kaoru will get rejected again. She continues to believe that all girls are the same and will fall for her.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I also find it funny that Kaoru uses that useless line about Asura as a pickup line. Just watch her use it on Mask and Mask will just be like"...So what? I already knew that."

joined Jul 26, 2019

I think kaoru will have worn out, it will take time but she will get there. She will no longer be the overwhelming dominatrix of the couple because she is now the one in love.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yes, Kaoru, rise Kaoru! Go to that mask girl with all the fire and passion you can muster! Break upon her shore with all the power of a raging tsunami!

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 7:27PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Mahi x Mahi
Ai x Chie
Nononon x Yumimi
Honoka x Elisha
Michiru x Airi
Kanae x Haruka
Mari x Yuu
Miyoshi x Ayano
Onibi x Nao
Shizuka x Mio
Midori x Hibiki
Mask x Kaoru
Mayuyu x Mariri

It might be nice to have Kaoru x Shizuka just for the chapters where they were dating

joined Sep 6, 2018

Relationship tags are great. Keep up the good work!

Feels like Kaoru just wants to conquer another girl(still mask senpai but for love or the player thing again)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NightmareDL posted:

Garbage

You okay bud? having a rough time? your last 4 comments are the same... That's really not good, why not take a break?

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 2:29AM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I think these are all the pairings:
Mahi x Mahi
Ai x Chie
Nononon x Yumimi
Honoka x Elisha
Michiru x Airi
Kanae x Haruka
Mari x Yuu
Miyoshi x Ayano
Onibi x Nao
Shizuka x Mio
Midori x Hibiki
Mask x Kaoru
Mayuyu x Mariri

Almost all of us are here for the yuri, but to be fair, Ed x Ian should also be on that list.
Actually, weren’t they the first couple officially going out (chapter 57)? Even the MahiMahi couple was only introduced as “super duper friends”…

Definitely! Adding Kaoru and Shizuka as well!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

ok but that girl kaoru kissed was really cute

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

ok but that girl kaoru kissed was really cute

Lol

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Why did she cave in? AARRGG!!

Because the they're both too invested in their relationship to scuttle it over this. They had their first real crisis; had a great many of the illusions they entertained about themselves, each other and their relationship shattered; finally gave vent to various tensions and negative emotions that had been building up under the surface; and finally, after having had a moment to calm down and ask themselves what next?, realised they're too into each other to call it quits regardless.

To be needlessly poetic about it they bared their souls and accepted each other "warts and all", as it were; having cleared the air and shed the facades they can now carry on and hopefully build a healthier, more honest relationship. (The last one in general is something Shizuka really needs to work on, as she's probably realised herself by now.)

She's just going to do it again. Mio will keep getting hurt by her. She doesn't care and she tried to make Mio the bad guy in that argument. I don't like Shizuka right now.

joined Jul 1, 2019

o my god kaoru realizing she's herself was hilarious. i hope things with bou-chan and her go well

joined Jul 26, 2016

She's just going to do it again. Mio will keep getting hurt by her.

What brand of tea leaves are you using for this forecast? Sounds like they have a higher resolution than mine.

She doesn't care and she tried to make Mio the bad guy in that argument.

Oh she cares all right; too much even. She wouldn't be having a near hysterical breakdown if that wasn't the case. She's frantic, outright panicking and desperate, and severely emotionally rattled - people don't exactly tend to make fair and balanced assessments in that kind of mental state.
She's basically spilling out all her fears, anxieties, frustrations and so on and so on as complete collapse of composure took the various internal dams people hold such things behind with it; that's never a pretty sight.

I'd argue the whole point of the scene was tearing down the idealised perfect sempai/sweet kouhai facades they were projecting onto each other and - so to speak - baring their raw unvarnished souls, Shiz in particular. It's pretty telling that after she stormed out and had a moment to calm down she's entirely spent and literally can't manage anything beyond a final desperate appeal in teary silence.

Luckily for her Mio cares more about Shizuka the Person, "warts and all", than the idealised facade she'd built up that just now "caught fire, fell over and sank into the swamp" as it were. Contrariwise same goes for her and the fantasy all-forgiving Mio in her head (RIP) versus real thing who isn't so unconditionally forgiving.

I don't like Shizuka right now.

That was rather likely the author's intent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One interesting thing to note about the entire thing is how on the whole it's fundamentally something of a rerun of Shizuka's breakup with Kaoru years ago - only instead it's now her hauled before the figurative court for philandering, and at very real risk of losing someone of great emotional importance. Shiz is likely too preoccupied by the immediate crisis to consciously realise the Ironic Echo here but it's probably nagging at the back of her head at least...

o my god kaoru realizing she's herself was hilarious.

IKR? This frame is THIS close to some kind of visible aura of power flaring up around her, shounen manga style... which then happens on the next page instead. And what else would it be than lilies? :D

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 10:16AM

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

^this comment. Just this comment. Nothing more needs to be said. Amen.

joined Jun 28, 2018

You know, one of my favorite things about this manga is how quickly and often it's updated. And, when you have a series with a story, characters, and art as awesome as this one is, I feel that this is something that can kinda easily get overlooked.

So, to Chads no Teikoku and everyone helping with every aspect of the scanlating for Virgins' Empire, I just want to say thank you so damn much. Like, seriously. Y'all are awesome and I truly appreciate all the hard work that I know y'all put in.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

DerMetzger posted:

You know, one of my favorite things about this manga is how quickly and often it's updated. And, when you have a series with a story, characters, and art as awesome as this one is, I feel that this is something that can kinda easily get overlooked.

Lol I laughed so hard thinking about how many years I've been following this series.

So, to Chads no Teikoku and everyone helping with every aspect of the scanlating for Virgins' Empire, I just want to say thank you so damn much. Like, seriously. Y'all are awesome and I truly appreciate all the hard work that I know y'all put in.

Oh you're welcome! And thanks for the appreciation! <3

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

random posted:

She's just going to do it again. Mio will keep getting hurt by her.

What brand of tea leaves are you using for this forecast? Sounds like they have a higher resolution than mine.

She doesn't care and she tried to make Mio the bad guy in that argument.

Oh she cares all right; too much even. She wouldn't be having a near hysterical breakdown if that wasn't the case. She's frantic, outright panicking and desperate, and severely emotionally rattled - people don't exactly tend to make fair and balanced assessments in that kind of mental state.
She's basically spilling out all her fears, anxieties, frustrations and so on and so on as complete collapse of composure took the various internal dams people hold such things behind with it; that's never a pretty sight.

I'd argue the whole point of the scene was tearing down the idealised perfect sempai/sweet kouhai facades they were projecting onto each other and - so to speak - baring their raw unvarnished souls, Shiz in particular. It's pretty telling that after she stormed out and had a moment to calm down she's entirely spent and literally can't manage anything beyond a final desperate appeal in teary silence.

Luckily for her Mio cares more about Shizuka the Person, "warts and all", than the idealised facade she'd built up that just now "caught fire, fell over and sank into the swamp" as it were. Contrariwise same goes for her and the fantasy all-forgiving Mio in her head (RIP) versus real thing who isn't so unconditionally forgiving.

I don't like Shizuka right now.

That was rather likely the author's intent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One interesting thing to note about the entire thing is how on the whole it's fundamentally something of a rerun of Shizuka's breakup with Kaoru years ago - only instead it's now her hauled before the figurative court for philandering, and at very real risk of losing someone of great emotional importance. Shiz is likely too preoccupied by the immediate crisis to consciously realise the Ironic Echo here but it's probably nagging at the back of her head at least...

o my god kaoru realizing she's herself was hilarious.

About the SizMio situation, I'd say that there's another parallel with Sizuka and Kaoru's breackup: the main problem of their relationship was the lack of compromise, mostly due to Kaoru's insensibility to Shizuka's grief. Now Mio and Shizuka are finally communicating and they seem open to dialog and to understanding each other situation. I'm really glad Mio didn't put everything under the carpet to continue her "fake dream".
Also, talking about the parallel with Kaoru, we Chads had the half intuition that Shizuka might have been copying Kaour's behaviour to appeal to Mio. We saw that Shizuka has been stopping doing so after not so much, but still is trying to appeal to Mio as the "perfect senpai". I think it's great how Mio's reactions has driven the personalization of the characters, eventually leading to all of this.
For any way this is going to continue, we at least know that from now on they'll try to be themselves and a bit more honest with each other.

joined Oct 13, 2014

got octave flashbacks after reading chp 154

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You know in my case, I thought Shizuka wanted Mio to act like Kaoru at some point, like she wanted Mio to be more aggressive and decisive with her so she often let her guard down to see what Mio was willing to do... Like, she was looking for a replacement but at the same time she wanted the same but there's noooo way Mio could become like that. But I never said it because there wasn't really much proof to that, it was more like a possibility rather than a theory... Maybe just all in my head XP

PS: The part where Mio forgot how to breath is still one of my favorite parts in manga history hahaha I laughed so hard and related too, it was so good, and even then I thought she wanted Mio to act like Kaoru but got the opposite.

What happened to them was terrible but hey at least we didn't get the cliche of Shizuka confusing Mio's name for Kaoru during a passionate kiss/sex

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Serenata posted:

You know in my case, I thought Shizuka wanted Mio to act like Kaoru at some point, like she wanted Mio to be more aggressive and decisive with her so she often let her guard down to see what Mio was willing to do... Like, she was looking for a replacement but at the same time she wanted the same but there's noooo way Mio could become like that. But I never said it because there wasn't really much proof to that, it was more like a possibility rather than a theory... Maybe just all in my head XP

Actually I think the opposite, I think Shizuka is a hopeless bottom, and wishes to be topped by Mio, but Mio is nothing like Kaoru because she's caring, it's a totally different dynamic. Shizuka wanted to be the one leading her, but I still think there is quite a good potential for Mio as a top.
Yeah I think too much about them I know. But what can I say, I love them.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 3:23PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well there was that time one Mio started slipping into Yandere Zone... Shizuka seemed to be pretty into it. >_>

To reply you must either login or sign up.