Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Goggled Anon posted:

but this mother... seems like there's some issues in the house.

Pretty sure that's a guy (note: adam's apple), most likely older brother.

Girls can have adam's apple too (I know, ironic considering the name). I do agree they're most likely a guy.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Girls can have adam's apple too (I know, ironic considering the name). I do agree they're most likely a guy.

I think it's more appropriate to say that all human beings have an Adam's apple. It's just that males' Adam's apples are generally more prominent.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AkinomaHNU posted:

I think it's more appropriate to say that all human beings have an Adam's apple. It's just that males' Adam's apples are generally more prominent.

Yes, I meant that.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Does it count as being dense if it's your own feelings that you're so slow to realize that the readers start getting mildly irritated?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, I wish the whole love triangle thing didn't exist
I wanted supportive friends with no hidden feelings existing

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

x2

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

...I also came in to compare this to YagaKimi. And this ^ post kinda added to that.
Not complaining. It's still a slightly different take.
And I like this one.
Yori is quite an interesting and surprisinlgy positive character.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I just don't see it adding anything positive to the story that we haven't already seen a thousand times over

Maybe I'll be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.
Also, yeah, Yori is my favorite character in the series so far
She's so adorable

joined May 17, 2019

I can feel this manga getting an anime adaptation in the future...dont know when but it will get one eventually

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hazelnut posted:

I can feel this manga getting an anime adaptation in the future...dont know when but it will get one eventually

Meanwhile we can watch this to have an idea of how the anime could look (mangaka did the designs) https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-20/null-and-peta-anime-reveals-theme-song-visual-october-4-tv-premiere/.151372

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

What the heck is wrong with this girl?

Nothing is wrong with her. She likes Yori, but doesn't feel like it's romantic yet. She enjoys being around her, she wants it to work out so they're both happy, an she's worried that it won't. That's a valid way to feel, so what's the problem?

She doesn’t realize that she’s in a yuri manga, which entails certain obligations and responsibilities to yuri manga readers—i.e., to make “progress” ASAP.

If she’d just look at the title pages or check out the story tags, she’d know this.

Hilarious. I think it's already mutual, even without the yuri goggles. I am falling even deeper for this manga!

Saya_avatar_small
joined Sep 12, 2018

but this mother... seems like there's some issues in the house.

I'm guessing it's her dad, she mentioned him prior about him giving her a guitar to accompany her singing and he looks like a musician type of character to me.

I don't really get the YagaKimi comparisons personally, it feels like a completely different kind of story to me honestly. The characters feel very different comparatively and the drama aspects of this series feels different with a less serious edge as well.

last edited at Sep 22, 2019 4:45PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Damn, I felt the pain on Aki's expression. Yori's "ulterior motive" for joining the band was obvious.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

If I'm not wrong and remember correctly, this is one of a little few mangas that the protagonist confesses her love and tries to make the fall for her. I serisouly love to see this, It's not a common thing in yuri manga. It's really refreshing knowing Kino-chan is aware of her senpai feelings like this.

Meanwhile we can watch this to have an idea of how the anime could look (mangaka did the designs) https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-20/null-and-peta-anime-reveals-theme-song-visual-october-4-tv-premiere/.151372

Amazing illustration.

last edited at Sep 22, 2019 6:54PM

Fireshot%20screen%20capture%20%23073%20-%20'vol_%201%20ch_%201%20(even%20if%20it%20was%20just%20once,%20i%20regret%20it)%20-%20mangadex'%20-%20mangadex_org_chapter_689420_11%20-%20copy
joined May 6, 2018

"nothing my ass"
literally every yuri manga

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"nothing my ass"

So is “Did something good happen?” a specific Japanese cultural idiom? I’ve seen it a number of times in other manga/anime, along with “Something good must have happened” and other slight variations.

In US English I guess it would be a more general phrase like, “You seem cheerful,” or something like that.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

"nothing my ass"

So is “Did something good happen?” a specific Japanese cultural idiom? I’ve seen it a number of times in other manga/anime, along with “Something good must have happened” and other slight variations.

In US English I guess it would be a more general phrase like, “You seem cheerful,” or something like that.

Guessing without raws, I think it's just more of a stock translation than anything else. "ii koto" would literally mean "good thing" and is simply a word someone would use to ask if anything positive happened in general.

joined Apr 1, 2013

So seems like Yori lives with her Father? and it seems like they are living on a single income hence the low budget apartment. It actually makes sense.. hmm i am abit curious now to hear her backtory maybe something serious happened. I hope her Father isnt going to be one which abuses her it doesnt seem like it if he were on drugs/alcohol she would be in a worse living conditions she has her own room with her own stuff. It is interesting. I really want Kino to recipiorate Yori's feelings i have a sense that she wont return the feelings and her friend is gonna find out and somehow get jealous i mean shes slowly starting to seem jealous right now given her attitude in the classroom when Yori confessed she wanted to join the band to make her happy

joined Mar 30, 2017

I do appreciate that the friend with hidden feelings is fully aware of the other two ends and seems fully supportive with no attempts to undercut or sabotage what's going on (at least not yet) I feel like she resigned her feelings as unrequited and accepted that before chapter 1.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

What the heck is wrong with this girl?

Nothing is wrong with her. She likes Yori, but doesn't feel like it's romantic yet. She enjoys being around her, she wants it to work out so they're both happy, an she's worried that it won't. That's a valid way to feel, so what's the problem?

She doesn’t realize that she’s in a yuri manga, which entails certain obligations and responsibilities to yuri manga readers—i.e., to make “progress” ASAP.

If she’d just look at the title pages or check out the story tags, she’d know this.

Hey, whaddaya think this is, Deadpool?

joined Jun 12, 2019

So she likes Yori too then

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This story is great. Need to find more like it.

joined Nov 5, 2018

WYaLS?

That's the name of the manga you know

Lol yeah thought of everything except that

I do appreciate that the friend with hidden feelings is fully aware of the other two ends and seems fully supportive with no attempts to undercut or sabotage what's going on (at least not yet) I feel like she resigned her feelings as unrequited and accepted that before chapter 1.

But it adds unnecessary sadness if it won't be used for drama

last edited at Sep 23, 2019 3:33PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

I'm not sure why there is this wave of demi-romantic heroines in yuri manga lately... but it's not a bad thing at all. (Yue from "Bloom Into You" being the most prominent one.)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Except Yuu's demi-romanticism is, at best, debatable.

To reply you must either login or sign up.