Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"...squirmin' and schlurpin'. " That gal knows just what to say.

last edited at Aug 12, 2019 2:46PM

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I've probably commented this before but I'm so invested in this story, it's realistic but still dramatic and overall a pretty good depiction of an irl lesbian relationship, which is somewhat rare in yuri manga in general. If they don't get a good ending I don't even know what I'll do. I know especially this last chapter could possibly be hinting at a bad ending but they might even just be baiting that.

joined Sep 4, 2019

Tsuruda is a pain in the ass. I relly hope either lucha or mikkun is gonna be harsh on him and tell him that they are happy together and that it's none of his business. Because we can all see that miwa and Saeko really work in order to perfect their relationship.
Tsuruda is just a stupid jealous little fart who can't get over the fact that a girl he likes doesn't like him back. I would like them to share a passionate kiss right in front of him JUST to upset him.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Possessiveness is kinda cute if it’s not to extremes

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Hmm, Miwa's gotta be really drunk to talk to Saeko like that... Maybe that's why Saeko's so jealous all of a sudden ^^

Also that girl worries me for some reason... I have a bad feeling something bad might happen...

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I am still afraid of the ending on the Oneshot, and this current development isn't helping on the slightest!

joined Dec 18, 2018

I am still afraid of the ending on the Oneshot, and this current development isn't helping on the slightest!

Depends what route it takes tbh, they don't need to end up together if it's written well. I do hope we avoid any cheating cliches though.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I absolutely adore the first few pages of this chapter. I don't think I've ever seen a discussion like this in any of the yuri works that I've read, or any LGBT works that I've seen outside of the community. People often forget that acceptance is a two-sided coin, and that it isn't enough for someone to be comfortable with who they are for others to be comfortable around them. Everyone has these insecurities, and everyone deserves help if they're willing to work past them.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

huh yeah now that I think about it, the hair is actually different from the 1st chapter going to the rest of the series, I always thought it was the same cause it was dyed

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Tsuruda is a pain in the ass. I relly hope either lucha or mikkun is gonna be harsh on him and tell him that they are happy together and that it's none of his business. Because we can all see that miwa and Saeko really work in order to perfect their relationship.
Tsuruda is just a stupid jealous little fart who can't get over the fact that a girl he likes doesn't like him back. I would like them to share a passionate kiss right in front of him JUST to upset him.

I think putting it as "can't get over the fact that a girl he likes doesn't like him back" is a bit unfair. It seems to me like he's trying to understand why they like each other, not why Miwa doesn't like him. I think he figured that part out a while ago, or at least came to terms with it. Then again I haven't re-read the manga in a while so it's possible I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt when maybe he doesn't deserve it.

edit: Also I'm glad to see I'm definitely not the only one that has a creeping feeling of dread that this will end up like the short did. It definitely feels like it could, but it could certainly go the other way too. Either way it'll probably be a good read, but I can't shake the feeling that maybe rooting for these two will ultimately be fruitless. It almost seems too obvious for it to end the same way, but... at the same time this feels like it's meant to be the full story for that doujinshi rather than a story inspired by it.

last edited at Sep 6, 2019 11:40PM

joined May 7, 2017

seed successfully planted, who needs them damn friends, right?

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Yeah, Saeko's feeling the jellies hahaha!

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 1:44AM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Traumatic, yes.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I know exactly how you feel Saeko, the green eyed monster super sucks.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Every chapter of this story kicks a new kind of ass.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

We need a TL note for whatever they were calling that guy.

There already is, it's just part of the credits page and thus easily missed for those who skip it on the assumption that it's a copy-paste in every chapter.

End as a whole is hilarious. His speaking font, his look, his NAME... I gotta believe he's a parody of Evil Romance Story Villain.

His name is actually "Kan" (i.e. Japanese, not English). The translators just decided to literally translate it for no good reason (as in, they provided a reason, but it's a bad one that just reeks of unsound logic).

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I also appreciated the dialogue with the guys who learned he his former friend/acquaintance like another someone of the same sex. Something really stupid would have to develop for me to be unhappy with this story as it wraps.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The last three pages, 17 to 19, are freaking brilliant. This author is a maestro.

Look at the face Miwa makes when she says "bye, babe" to her gf — while leaning sensually on the shoulder of some other woman with whom she's going to spend the night. No, really, look at her!

I know Miwa is pure-hearted 'n sweet 'n innocent 'n everyhting, but...

... if she was purposefully doing her damnedest best to make Saeko jelly, well, heck, she wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I feel like this works more in favor of it not ending like the one shot. She's feeling jealous? Possessiveness is nine tenths of the law! I mean. If she's feeling jelly then it would seem she would be more willing to keep this relationship going.

I love this story. As I've already said several times. I'd prefer it ended like the one shot as I feel their aren't enough stories that really explore a failing relationship(that I come across anyway) but I'd be ok with them ending up going the distance.

The side story with the guy finding out about his friend being gay was well done. It's nice that he tries to be chill but isn't necessarily great at it.

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 6:45PM

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

At this point it feels like the author is trolling with us.
Shittori knows fully well that we read the one-shot and every chapter feels like "yep this is the breaking point" only to go "Psyche!" in the next one.
Will they? Won't they? Prepare for a lot of suffering.

Be%20my%20baby%20square%20crop%20nana
joined Oct 28, 2014

His name is actually "Kan" (i.e. Japanese, not English). The translators just decided to literally translate it for no good reason (as in, they provided a reason, but it's a bad one that just reeks of unsound logic).

well it's one of those matters of opinion where you have to ask yourself if you would rather retain the original word solely for the sake of it, when in-text the name is meant to stand out and be awkward and draw attention; or would you rather have the shock value of the name be retained for the average English reader and lose some intangible sense of "authenticity"? I personally tend to value readability to the average viewer over a sense of "retention" but there's merit to both approaches I suppose

joined Jul 23, 2019

The last three pages, 17 to 19, are freaking brilliant. This author is a maestro.

Look at the face Miwa makes when she says "bye, babe" to her gf — while leaning sensually on the shoulder of some other woman with whom she's going to spend the night. No, really, look at her!

I know Miwa is pure-hearted 'n sweet 'n innocent 'n everyhting, but...

... if she was purposefully doing her damnedest best to make Saeko jelly, well, heck, she wouldn't have done it otherwise.

The final panel is kind of scary.
Saeko looks like she's about to experience a massive case of vascular rupture.
Not cool, girl. Control those crazy jellies.

joined Jul 23, 2019

At this point it feels like the author is trolling with us.
Shittori knows fully well that we read the one-shot and every chapter feels like "yep this is the breaking point" only to go "Psyche!" in the next one.
Will they? Won't they? Prepare for a lot of suffering.

Or not.

joined Jul 23, 2019

"...squirmin' and schlurpin'. " That gal knows just what to say.

To reply you must either login or sign up.