Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Jul 23, 2019

I can't recall exactly when it happened, but... didn't Rika have, at some point, an epiphany about the schweetness of love? And didn't she say that she was going to break up with all her fwbs and look for a real love like the one Saeko/Miwa have?

Pfft. Look at her at the party, one manly stud on each arm.

Like your average New Year's resolution, that one didn't last five days. :/

joined May 1, 2013

I have to admit something.

I hate Miwa's earrings.

I'm sorry.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I have to admit something.

I hate Miwa's earrings.

I'm sorry.

You philistine!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So will they break up in this version or end together?

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

fwipfwipfwip... lol xD

joined Sep 9, 2019

we already know saeko is an ashole and miwa is into younger girls so what would the author possibly can add to this bullshit anyway.

It was the one shot not the real ending. Plus you can see that saeko and miwa have different personalities in the main story and in the one shot

joined Sep 9, 2019

So will they break up in this version or end together?

We dont know yet

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

The last three pages, 17 to 19, are freaking brilliant. This author is a maestro.> Look at the face Miwa makes when she says "bye, babe" to her gf — while leaning sensually on the shoulder of some other woman with whom she's going to spend the night. No, really, look at her!

I want to say that her expression means something more along the lines of "I'm super drunk and can't really control myself so I'm being sexy at my girlfriend". And, being as drunk as she is, she doesn't consider the implications of doing so when she has her arm around another woman...
But yeah that doesn't really change how it looks to Saeko.

That said, I'm not really worried. I don't think Usshi would let Miwa do anything, or do anything herself. And having done this for Rika in the past... let's just say I can only imagine what Rika's like when totally wasted.

I think the majority of any drama that might happen would be centered around Saeko being upset with herself for getting jealous, and maybe Miwa feeling bad for making Saeko jealous. But hey, maybe someone will have some massive lapse in judgement and things will go to shit.

joined May 24, 2019

I suspect Saeko is not into NTR.

Like, totally 100% not.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

His name is actually "Kan" (i.e. Japanese, not English). The translators just decided to literally translate it for no good reason (as in, they provided a reason, but it's a bad one that just reeks of unsound logic).

well it's one of those matters of opinion where you have to ask yourself if you would rather retain the original word solely for the sake of it, when in-text the name is meant to stand out and be awkward and draw attention; or would you rather have the shock value of the name be retained for the average English reader and lose some intangible sense of "authenticity"? I personally tend to value readability to the average viewer over a sense of "retention" but there's merit to both approaches I suppose

I only need to imagine how this could be applied to non-English names in English-language stories (e.g. "Herakles" literally meaning "Hera's Glory" is pretty significant and ultimately ironic for the Greek hero in question) to know that I want nothing to do with this misbegotten approach that you proudly prefer.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Ah I really like this. I find they are cute together even know they’re a bit awkward at times. I feel like it’s real. I really like saeko her personality is cool

joined Mar 28, 2017

Breaking News!
"So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or?" is licensed by VIZ Media! See link for more:

Viz Media Licences Fushigi Yūgi: Byakko Senki, How Do We Relationship?, Mujirushi: The Sign of Dreams Manga

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-10-04/viz-media-licences-fushigi-yugi-byakko-senki-how-do-we-relationship-mujirushi-the-sign-of-dreams-manga/.151878

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I hope I'm not the only one who finds Saeko to be a female version of Edward Elric

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Breaking News!

Viz Media Licences Fushigi Yūgi: Byakko Senki, How Do We Relationship?, Mujirushi: The Sign of Dreams Manga

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-10-04/viz-media-licences-fushigi-yugi-byakko-senki-how-do-we-relationship-mujirushi-the-sign-of-dreams-manga/.151878

Is it why we didn't have chapter in a while ? Or it's just that Sexy Akiba drop it ? Last chapter 4 months ago and right now the raws are already at chapter 31. I really wish someone pick it up. I'm kinda tired of Sexy Akiba "dropping" some titles, like this one or Inugami to Nekoyama.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Breaking News!

Is it why we didn't have chapter in a while ? Or it's just that Sexy Akiba drop it ? Last chapter 4 months ago and right now the raws are already at chapter 31. I really wish someone pick it up. I'm kinda tired of Sexy Akiba "dropping" some titles, like this one or Inugami to Nekoyama.

Sexy Akiba only have one or two translators, and a number of different series they're working on. Unless the translator dedicates 100% of their life to translating, something is going to have to go untranslated. Sorry you're "tired" of it, but you're always free to offer some measure of assistance.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Breaking News!

Sexy Akiba only have one or two translators, and a number of different series they're working on. Unless the translator dedicates 100% of their life to translating, something is going to have to go untranslated. Sorry you're "tired" of it, but you're always free to offer some measure of assistance.

Better believe that if i could help, i will have done it but i haven't any experience in that regard. Maybe tired wasn't the right choice of words. I think "sad" will be more appropriate. The first sentence is what i've a problem with. Sexy Akiba Detectives always do great work so i'm happy when they pick up mangas but everytime i see a new manga getting picked up and i know the team is small then i'm worried. It's nice to have projects you want to work on but piling up projects might no be a good idea.
I think it's already nice that some works who haven't been uploaded in a while hasn't been sniped by some impatiens persons (for that matter, i'm also surprised that a certain someone on Mangadex haven't already uploaded chapter of Inu&Neko in random order like he usually does) like what happen with the Yakuza's one. (althought i don't reallyknow what happen with that one)

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 8:20AM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Better believe that if i could help, i will have done it but i haven't any experience in that regard. Maybe tired wasn't the right choice of words. I think "sad" will be more appropriate. The first sentence is what i've a problem with. Sexy Akiba Detectives always do great work so i'm happy when they pick up mangas but everytime i see a new manga getting picked up and i know the team is small then i'm worried. It's nice to have projects you want to work on but piling up projects might no be a good idea.
I think it's already nice that some works who haven't been uploaded in a while hasn't been sniped by some impatiens persons (for that matter, i'm also surprised that a certain someone on Mangadex haven't already uploaded chapter of Inu&Neko in random order like he usually does) like what happen with the Yakuza's one. (althought i don't reallyknow what happen with that one)

When it comes to editing - there's really not much to it. I started editing manga about a week after downloading photoshop for the first time in my life. It doesn't solve the translator issue, but having people lined up and ready to work on a series will certainly make a translator feel a bit more motivated to continue it. You could also donate to or commission them if you have money.

The Yakuza manga isn't a great example - it was just a pure snipe. SAD's last release on the series was less than two weeks ago. They are still working on it, the snipers just wanted the attention from having a popular series under their belt. If all they cared about was getting the content out, they would've contacted SAD and offered to help. My personal experience with them has made them feel pretty welcoming when it comes to helping hands.

Guilty%20gear%20avatar%202
joined Jan 10, 2020

When it comes to editing - there's really not much to it. I started editing manga about a week after downloading photoshop for the first time in my life.

As someone who has no experience or knowledge about it, how does one go about learning how to do that sort of editing work?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

When it comes to editing - there's really not much to it. I started editing manga about a week after downloading photoshop for the first time in my life.

Ehhhh depends. If it's just erasing speech bubbles and typing text on top, that's pretty simple, you can learn to overnight. Sfx can get a bit complicated, though, as well as color pages. Sometimes even the speech bubbles have complex backgrounds patterns, like flowers. That does require a bit of skill in using brushes, in order to redraw stuff to match the original art. Also, clone stamp, transform tools, et cetera. But I guess if you have a lot of free time, you can learn to do most of it in a week or two. It really helps that Manga is all BW.

As someone who has no experience or knowledge about it, how does one go about learning how to do that sort of editing work?

Download photoshop and start messing around in it. Tutorials are good too, but most of the time you just need to spend time getting to know the software.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Ehhhh depends. If it's just erasing speech bubbles and typing text on top, that's pretty simple, you can learn to overnight. Sfx can get a bit complicated, though, as well as color pages. Sometimes even the speech bubbles have complex backgrounds patterns, like flowers. That does require a bit of skill in using brushes, in order to redraw stuff to match the original art. Also, clone stamp, transform tools, et cetera. But I guess if you have a lot of free time, you can learn to do most of it in a week or two. It really helps that Manga is all BW.

That's true - colour pages can be a nightmare, especially if it involved redrawing people, not just background and objects. Redrawing for the SFX is a pain sometimes, but SAD typically leaves the SFX as is. The only difficult part aside from SFX is redrawing when the narrative text is over top of backgrounds. Still, I think about a month at most is all you need if you make sure to put some effort into it.

As Cecile said, just download photoshop and practice. I would personally recommend looking through /u/ Scanlations' pastebin of manga waiting to be typeset, picking one that interests you (or just to practice on - doesn't really matter), and giving it a go. For guides, Here are a few:

Red Hawk Scanlations' Guide

AnonBlack's guides

Ruinevil's Guide - This one is probably best for beginners, while the former two have more detailed (and usually better) advice.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

That's true - colour pages can be a nightmare, especially if it involved redrawing people, not just background and objects. Redrawing for the SFX is a pain sometimes, but SAD typically leaves the SFX as is. The only difficult part aside from SFX is redrawing when the narrative text is over top of backgrounds. Still, I think about a month at most is all you need if you make sure to put some effort into it.

Yeah, I guess you can learn most of it pretty quickly, then just pick up new tricks of the trade over time.

As Cecile said, just download photoshop and practice. I would personally recommend looking through /u/ Scanlations' pastebin of manga waiting to be typeset, picking one that interests you (or just to practice on - doesn't really matter), and giving it a go. For guides, Here are a few:

Red Hawk Scanlations' Guide

AnonBlack's guides

Ruinevil's Guide - This one is probably best for beginners, while the former two have more detailed (and usually better) advice.

Yuri Project has a tutorial too, which you should probably check out at some point (here). Personally, I'd skip the part about the Actions menu, because it's not very beginner-friendly and in my experience it's hardly ever relevant for scanlation (it's good for batch editing photographs, though). I also recommend saving the yuri project export configurations as a preset, since they're useful for pretty much any scanlation project.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 8:57PM

Guilty%20gear%20avatar%202
joined Jan 10, 2020

Thanks for the help!

joined May 7, 2017

So this story has been renamed to "HOW DO WE RELATIONSHIP?" quite the change, still "So, do you want to go out, or?" in my books.

Revealed here

last edited at Feb 12, 2020 3:26PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did someone who still read that can explain to me what happen ? I checked the last chapters 34 & 35 and not only the names are not very happy 34 is I love you, I loved you and 35 is After the dream but the chapters in itself don't seem very happy either Saeko seem closeto another girl and Miwasaw it but also their relation seem tense

joined Apr 19, 2020

Did someone who still read that can explain to me what happen ? I checked the last chapters 34 & 35 and not only the names are not very happy 34 is I love you, I loved you and 35 is After the dream but the chapters in itself don't seem very happy either Saeko seem closeto another girl and Miwasaw it but also their relation seem tense

Hi, can you tell me where I can read the other chapters please? Since Sexy Akiba Detectives have given up on the series, I dont think we'll (ever again) have an update.

To reply you must either login or sign up.