Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined May 7, 2017

Here's hoping we get a Bloom into You+ lol

Absolute no need for that, it would be beating around the bush at this point, no loose ends, no poorly solved conflicts, nothing rushed, Yuu and Touko are done, but a whole new series about Sayaka-sama? YES, ABSOLUTE YES, YES, YES, YES, YES AND YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last edited at Sep 2, 2019 10:29PM

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Over/under on the finale being a time jump?

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Series focused on Sayaka = take my money

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Beautiful cute af !!! I clicked so fast I didn't notice the tags and very happy that i didnt because I wasn't 100% if the fucking would finally happen. Yuu being top gives me life

Aaaah what good shot

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

.....I'm not crying.
sniffle
..........I said I'm not crying, okay!?

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

What a beautiful fookin' chapter. Though reading it while listening to David Bowie has definitely been one of the weirder things in my life. In the best way possible of course.

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

//happy but scream but smile but also cry
The best manga ever.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Absolute no need for that

Absolutely we need that??? I am so tired of every story ending after highschool. Do the writers not comprehend that there is a life beyond that?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yuu is top as predicted. But I didn't think she would be a BITER. Take it easy on that luscious skin Yuu.

I honestly am even more delighted about Yuu being a biter than her being a top ^^ (Since I am very delighted and grinning from ear to ear for the latter, one may imagine my bliss over the first :P )

...ah, so Yuu's dreams came true~
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch42#26
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch44#27
(Yuu saying "There are so many things I wanna do with you - I want everything" shall clearify that her previous fantasy was... well, far from innocent - in case anyone else remembers that having been point of discussion in this forum.)

Being a biter is certainly unexpected, but not bad.

Not really the same thing, but I guess kinda related?

The point about her innocence I made at least was about her asking Touko to stay over at her place, for the reasons I already listed back then. Many people blew it out of proprotion like she asked to have sex, but that was not what that moment was about. She considered even that simple request a big deal and was embarrassed, but some people saw that as her being embarassed for wanting to ask for sex (which is totally ridiculous). Again, I point to the fact that she couldn't have known Touko's parents would not be home.

I also said back then that once they are alone at Touko's place, things will be very different, because in that situation who in their right mind would not think of those things? lol

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Well, either way I liked the detail there, with the neck-touch.

YagaKimi is like the polar opposite of that other series

...Bloom Into You- then?

joined Oct 27, 2018

The point about her innocence I made at least was about her asking Touko to stay over at her place, for the reasons I already listed back then. Many people blew it out of proprotion like she asked to have sex, but that was not what that moment was about. She considered even that simple request a big deal and was embarrassed, but some people saw that as her being embarassed for wanting to ask for sex (which is totally ridiculous). Again, I point to the fact that she couldn't have known Touko's parents would not be home.

I also said back then that once they are alone at Touko's place, things will be very different, because in that situation who in their right mind would not think of those things? lol

You're still keeping that up? Come on, you where proven wrong, just admit it and move on, it's not that big a deal.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

You're still keeping that up? Come on, you where proven wrong, just admit it and move on, it's not that big a deal.

...what? @KueKyuuQ was the one who brought it up again tho?
Please, by all means, prove me wrong. I want to hear your reasoning as to why Yuu was totally asking for sex in that scene and that makes perfect sense. And no... them having sex in this chapter is not proof for that.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

...what? @KueKyuuQ was the one who brought it up again tho?
Please, by all means, prove me wrong. I want to hear your reasoning as to why Yuu was totally asking for sex in that scene and that makes perfect sense. And no... them having sex in this chapter is not proof for that.

... Fair...

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

._. I regret it already. But... It was the neck-touch she dreamed about and... it's cool she got to realize that... ;_;

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

._. I regret it already. But... It was the neck-touch she dreamed about and... it's cool she got to realize that... ;_;

Welp, sorry for misunderstanding then.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

i can die peacefully now

Oh, no, just one chapter before the end...

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Absolute no need for that

Absolutely we need that??? I am so tired of every story ending after highschool. Do the writers not comprehend that there is a life beyond that?

I'm sure the author isnt that oblivious. Problem is, I suspect a life after high school story may not be all too appealing for the general audience, mostly made up of young folks who probably wouldnt be able to relate themselves to problems an adult faces in their daily lives. I hope I am wrong about that and theres enough interest for a sequel where Yuu and Touko deal with adulthood.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I somehow can't believe that the majority of people who read stories like Bloom Into You are in high school. Mostly because they need to have $ to buy the manga, and in that case won't parents check what they are reading and also limit how much they can buy? Maybe my parents were too strict...

My bet is that the majority of readers are in their 20s, and there is a huge latent demand for more relatable stories. Which is currently being (badly) fulfilled by manhwas, which are usually about adult life.

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 7:16AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

The other possibility, of course, is that Japanese adult life sucks so bad that no one wants to read about it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I somehow can't believe that the majority of people who read stories like Bloom Into You are in high school. Mostly because they need to have $ to buy the manga, and in that case won't parents check what they are reading and also limit how much they can buy? Maybe my parents were too strict...

My bet is that the majority of readers are in their 20s, and there is a huge latent demand for more relatable stories. Which is currently being (badly) fulfilled by manhwas, which are usually about adult life.

These kind of manga most definitely have their main fanbase in teens. Middle to high-school being the biggest group.
You are acting like a monthly magazine or occasional manga volume cost much.
I don't even get your second point about parents limiting how much you can buy... typically the money is the child's to spend. Unless it's harmful, parents usually don't intervene with purchases.

Now whether you think that many parents are homophobes and would be against buying yuri manga is a different matter of course, but in Japan they treat fiction as fiction, even if it's not fiction in reality. :P

joined Dec 28, 2016

Comic Dengeki Daioh is 730 yen if you buy the magazine from a convenience store. If you get a monthly subscription it's cheaper. That's not that much money to spend once a month.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

matsuri_wins posted:

The other possibility, of course, is that Japanese adult life sucks so bad that no one wants to read about it.

It sucks so bad that no one wants to read about it. It's the main reason 89% of manga is set in idealized high school.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

The word ‘Japanese’ is superfluous in the discussion.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ironwolf69 posted:

The word ‘Japanese’ is superfluous in the discussion.

Except it isn't.

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Yuu is the most not useless lesbian i have seen in a yuri manga

10/10. Couldn't agree more.

To reply you must either login or sign up.