Forum › Posts by KingdomofBlue

KingdomofBlue
joined May 23, 2019

OMG I cried and squeezeeeee tear of HAPPINESSS
PERFECT TILL THE END T____T

KingdomofBlue
joined May 23, 2019

Omg thiss chapter got me so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All those subtle thingss going on !! and the unknown strange yet exciting feeling coming with it. All of this is so realistic !! Remind me of my first love!

KingdomofBlue
Citrus + discussion 31 May 04:50
joined May 23, 2019

Goddd Damnn it. Meiii is so cutee!! and so is Yuzu.
I just can't understand the hate. Have been stalking Dynasty for a year and finally make an account just to depend Mei =)))
Btw Citrus fanfic is also great !!!

1. Yes, they are cute.
  2. So far, most of the "hate" you see here are actually valid critiques of the Citrus and Citrus+ stories. Very few, AFAIK, are considered visceral nonsensical hate. Personally, I don't hate Citrus at all. I don't consider it 'trash' (the word used by Zeria and others to describe both the anime and the manga). As an Asian pretty much influenced by the melodrama of Mexicanovelas or telenovelas--which thrive on surprise plots which happen to be annoying plot holes (yeaaahhh Maria La Del Barrio and all that stuff) and characters who appear out of nowhere--I love it for the joy of the ride and its positive ending. Well, defending Mei, that'd be easy if SU threw us fans some bone to keep us mentally occupied--maybe a backstory of Mei's condition why she's like that instead of simply saying she had a duty et cetera 2x. Maybe, an undiagnosed ASD or childhood trauma--kinda like what Nakatani-sensei did with Touko Nanami... But there's none of that. And here we are with Citrus+,albeit the fantastic art, with all of us trying to decipher what does Mei's facial expression truly mean. We're not all psychologists, ya know.
  3. Agreed. And so many Citrus fanfics have a better storyline and structure than the original one. Sometimes, what I do think is maybe there are two points: first POINT, creators are unsatisfied with how things are in both Citrus and Citrus+ they take things in their own hands and resolve issues in the story (i.e Mei's Meibotism). Second POINT is the indirect intention of keeping Citrus relevant. I've visited AO3 and other fanfic sites and am pleasantly surprised just how many fanfictions are there with the Citrus girls as the main characters.

With all honesty, I was not into Citrus while waiting for each chapter every month, just something to merely pass time. I was loving Bloom into you much more than Citrus and keep re-reading it over and over. However, after I stumble upon the physical version of Citrus in Barne&Noble, I could not stop reading through the whole thing and end-up buying the physical copy. There was a better flow when I re-read the whole thing comparing to when I just read a chapter every single month. Plus I was not putting much expectation or anticipation comparing to when I wait for chapter every month.

Since the drama in Citrus was not that intense, it is hard to keep interest with small piece every month. However, putting every chapters together, it does make me like it much more. I think Citrus suppose to be a light, fluff, cute romance and not overly dramatize or plot driven
As much as I love Bloom into you, I could not find good fanfic to fill in my heart hole while waiting. Oddly with Citrus there are so many great fanfics that I just got completely suck into while bing read it. It kinna make me forgot the main manga story line lol.
I guess there is a great benefit of a flaw and lack of backup story, is having fan imagination to fill in those hole hahaha

P/s: I dont like Citrus anime, the craftmanship is really bad. It show the lack of care and consideration. On the other hand, Bloom into you is much more well-executed. The art, sound track and flow is really fit the pace of the manga.

last edited at May 31, 2019 4:57AM

KingdomofBlue
Citrus + discussion 23 May 17:02
joined May 23, 2019

Goddd Damnn it. Meiii is so cutee!! and so is Yuzu.
I just can't understand the hate. Have been stalking Dynasty for a year and finally make an account just to depend Mei =)))
Btw Citrus fanfic is also great !!!

last edited at May 23, 2019 5:05PM