Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

So she's trying to steer her away from finding out her true feelings, at first I felt bad because her feelings were unrequited but I guess I can't feel that bad now

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Izumi says no no to gayness

joined Dec 13, 2013

i must have been rlly out from the manga life bc to me the whole WHY WOULD I WANT TO HUG MY FRIEND WITHOUT A REASON drama just made me laugh ajsjskqld

i mean sure we all know shes in love but hahahah that was such a funny reason. isnt skinship a thing in their world cmon she’s a gyaru, she probably did that a lot of times. and i know izumi’s probably creepy but what she said wasnt... wrong... at all

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 2:26AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Does she actually believe what she is saying or is she just to confuse Nanaki so she can keep her from falling in love with Kurokawa?

The second one captain. Anybody here know that Nanaki is gay of Kurokawa but don't understand it. Unless Izumi is the purest girl in the world, she is jealous. Remember when she has already deceive Nanaki by saying what she feel was solitude. Now she try to trick Nanaki by saying it's totally normal to hug a friend out of nowhere and want to hold hands(well maybe that it's more true in Japan now but w/e).

Izumi show the symptoms of a possesive and jealous girl.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

"There is a secret behind that smile"

Thank you for the explanation, unnecessary exposition box.

hahahhahaa

joined Oct 24, 2014

i must have been rlly out from the manga life bc to me the whole WHY WOULD I WANT TO HUG MY FRIEND WITHOUT A REASON drama just made me laugh ajsjskqld

i mean sure we all know shes in love but hahahah that was such a funny reason. isnt skinship a thing in their world cmon she’s a gyaru, she probably did that a lot of times. and i know izumi’s probably creepy but what she said wasnt... wrong... at all

lol this was my reaction. Weird cognitive dissonance when the art and framing all signal something questionable is happening and the questionable thing just amounts to someone saying, “Yeah friends totally hold hands and hug and stuff nbd.”

The author’s probably trying to push the gaslighting angle but somehow the dialogue misses that for me. I think I get what they’re trying to get at tho (aka the notable thing isn’t actually hugging but the emotional weight she’s putting on hugging, which is what is being dismissed out of hand).

joined Oct 10, 2016

MORE NANAKI X IZUMI! THEY'RE PERFECT TOGETHER!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I noticed that the theme of Fujishiro and Kurokawa scrambling for each other's approval came up again. Hope that will lead somewhere eventually.

joined May 29, 2019

"I'm in the mood to HUG you, dude
You ain't never had a friend like me"
- Aladdin (1992)

Victoria
joined Jul 30, 2019

Izumi's development in this Chapter is the first thing not awfully chliché about this story (Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but still). Izumi showed to be a pretty decent character until now and she's hands down my favourite. To see she's not only a Mary Sue-ish character makes it only better. I doubt she'll throughly manipulate Nanaki, though. She'll probably see at some point she's hurting her, confess and make Nanaki realise her feelings for Kurokawa or something.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

As soon as I read the chapter title my eyes glazed over. Urgh. But to be fair, Fujishiro is catching on to it. It's kind of weird to get this revelation because of a hug (as if that was such an outrageous thing to do), but the feelings are certainly not just friendship anymore.

Izumi... oh Izumi. Why do you have to be so petty? Is she just trying to convince herself that her feelings for Fujishiro are merely platonic or does she really try to keep Fujishiro from realizing her own for Kurokawa?
If one was extremely negative, her actions this chapter all seem rather manipulative. From telling Fujishiro not to try and get closer to Kurokawa's hobbies to telling her hugging someone like that is just normal.

But maybe that is just baseless speculation. Izumi could just be in denial and trying to give good advice.

On the upside, Kurokawa shows her undeniable attachment to Fujsihiro by treasuring that dress and trusting her completely.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 4:27AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

In today's episode: "Why Am I Getting Suddenly Gay?", followed by "Friendship is Magic".

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

The stupid does it, the foolish do it
Only the unlucky of us get to do it

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

incoherent mumbling and humming noises

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Despite the bad grammar, this is actually quite profound. Did you quote it from something?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Useless lesbians, as usual.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Alright, after having used the fact that my mom was watching "Only Fools and Horses" to my advantage to stop my incoherent mumbling and humming noises, I can now comment more seriously.

This chapter has a lot to unpack. One could worry that Izumi is being kinda manipulative, and, as of yet, we don't know enough to simply discount the possibility, but, for now at least, I think that's not the case. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I believe she's in denial about her own feelings for Fujishiro, and may be as honest as can be in that state of denial. Also, I hate it when Fujishiro says of herself and Kurokawa "We're completely incompatible.", for several reasons, but mainly because it reminded me of some of Loralei's comments in this thread. Girl, like, despite your many differing interests, you still managed to find SOME common ground, and that's not even mentioning the two of you developing feelings for each-other without even realizing it... yet. Don't listen to Loralei, most of us are cheering for you! Why am I sticking it to Loralei so much in the comment?! This is starting to make no sense! I hope Kurokawa and Iro return to them soon, maybe that would be a step into the clearing up direction.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Useless lesbians, as usual.

It is essentially the title, after all.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I knowed that with that chapter name it'll gonna be something lewd. Handholding in a cafeteria, how indecent!

joined Jul 30, 2019

Despite the bad grammar, this is actually quite profound. Did you quote it from something?

It's from a mother mother song called "Let's fall in love"

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Your thoughts are a jumble but...

I think that's not the case. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I believe she's in denial about her own feelings for Fujishiro, and may be as honest as can be in that state of denial.

I think you're in denial about her denial.

Girl, like, despite your many differing interests, you still managed to find SOME common ground, and that's not even mentioning the two of you developing feelings for each-other without even realizing it...

This reminds me of a quote I saw a random internet person make up as far as I know. It was close to:

"Self hatred is the only thing I have in common with my friends."

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 7:08AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

It's from a mother mother song called "Let's fall in love"

Oh interesting. Thanks.

joined Apr 23, 2019

Why is she scared of Izumi? Facing her own gayness through Izumi's actions, or something else?
Motives of Izumi are not yet clear to me, but it looks like she is using her chance to act, finally. And now situation is 4 friends, 1 love triangle, 2 "couples" based on mutual interests.
Interesting... I'm intrigued, now.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

I'm glad the manga is outright stating something seems off with her because I don't know why something just always felt off with her to me. Glad my gut reaction wasn't unfounded.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 9:43AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Motives of Izumi are not yet clear to me, but it looks like she is using her chance to act, finally.

Not clear ? Do you need glasses ? Izumi want Nanaki for her alone and can't stand Nanaki love Kanade and straight lie to her. No it's not normal for friends to act like that with each others.I think that, more than Nanaki former friends, Izumi don't want Nanaki to change or move on too much from her. Nanaki is right to be afraid, Izumi act a liite bit creepy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.