Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Overly cutesy kouhai falls in love with clumsy male sempai: This is trash, misogynistic and the most pathetic wish fulfillment

Overly cutesy Kouhai falls in love with clumsly female sempai: This is the highest form of art and only deserves the utmost praise

The logic of everyone active on Dynasty Reader, in a nutshell.

I thought Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun was pretty universally liked though. In fact, the more I think about it, the more this reminds me of a reversed Nozaki-kun dynamic.

Anyways, I kind of like Aki and Yori. I wouldn't be too upset if Kino doesn't fall for Yori in the end.

SuffererFangirl
joined Sep 18, 2016

I can't stop smiling, this is too pure. Yori and Kino are adorable. But now I'm kinda depressed because I'm not in a cute relationship.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Please don't acknowledge the obvious trolls regarding (if this were a male, durr durr durr).

My preference for female/female stories has to do with the fact that I'm a lesbian and I LOVE WOMEN WHO LOVE WOMEN. I will literally go out of my way to read/watch anything with lesbians. And I get that's a bias, so what? Not your problem.

(Now trolls who want male/female, go away and read the one billion other choices there are in the world of heterosexual life).

...My god, she's perfect.
Can't wait to see more of her and Kaori~

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

I hope we get to see the original vocalist of their band. It was only mentioned once that the vocalist ditched the performance at the last second or something along those lines. It was kind of vague as to what exactly happened.

And don't you guys think that Kino has Yori-sempai completely wrapped around her little fingers? Yori-sempai does everything for this cute kouhai of hers, even things she weren't willing to do. I guess cuteness is the deadliest weapon there is.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Miki-chan is our savior. Thank you Miki-chan. Yori x Himari is getting ready to become a couple.

joined Jun 29, 2015

I love when there is no unnecessary drama. Only how these two are growing & learning how to love each other. Heck I never thought about love this way, but it resonates deeply with me even though I'm not a hs student

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

1 Proper friend helping and explaining things correctly
2 Proper MC thinking seriously and asking for help instead of coming up with a rushed answer the next day
3 Explaining the situation to avoid misunderstandings

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel this manga, it's heresy

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I like that Miki doesn't seem to be secretly in love with Himari
She's just a good friend giving out sage advice

joined Jan 13, 2019

did...did this just steamroll through the whole plot of bloom into you in one chapter?

gets a confession
goes on a DATE
"Hey, I really do love you"
suprised pikachu

Eh...I can never make sense of such weird misunderstandings in yuri manga. If it were platonic only, the mood would be totally different. And why use romantic terms like love and date if you don't mean it?

It's not really that weird. If you hang around with Asians who grew up in Asia most of the time if they say they have a date with a friend they just really mean hanging out and not really going on a date because they like each other that way.

Not really. It's just in Anime Or Manga but not really true. People here are just busy making money that is Asia

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

did...did this just steamroll through the whole plot of bloom into you in one chapter?

.....holy shit, I think it did.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

.....holy shit, I think it did.

And if you think about it, the plot have some ressemblance with Yagate with the Senpai in love with the Kouhai who don't understand love.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As I have stated above, I think the YagaKimi parallels are pretty superficial ones.

In other matters: totally adorbs.

last edited at Jul 19, 2019 8:43PM

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

uGH my HEART

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

This is still quality. With a little more glasses Yori, too. I feel so blessed I'm starting to worry, surely life can't be so great; I should definitely check if my relatives are all alive.

I must say, I never understood the whole dating even if you aren't in love thingy. But it's something I'm seeing in manga quite a lot. I suppose it's a Japanese thing, dating is normal and having a regular behavior is good, so dating is just something you do, but feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I must say, I never understood the whole dating even if you aren't in love thingy. But it's something I'm seeing in manga quite a lot. I suppose it's a Japanese thing, dating is normal and having a regular behavior is good, so dating is just something you do, but feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

A friend of mine once mentioned something along the lines of "testing the waters". To her, the reason to date is to check if you and the person you're interested in (but not necessarily in love with) are compatible. Do everything you can before marriage (minus getting preggers) and then decide if marriage is a viable option after everything checks out.

Why some people date when they aren't in love does make sense in that case.

last edited at Jul 19, 2019 11:03PM

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Except it was done even better! In just... one...chapter :p

I really have come to like this one, I was sketchy at first but now I'm hooked. Aces all around!

joined Sep 28, 2018

SAYAKA 2.0

Had me lolling there.

Poor Sayaka Saeki, her name has been given meaning as "doomed third wheel".

Yaya has been synonymous with third wheel long before her.
Nanto Yaya and also Sasame Yaya
Could also include Yayaka

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

A friend of mine once mentioned something along the lines of "testing the waters". To her, the reason to date is to check if you and the person you're interested in (but not necessarily in love with) are compatible. Do everything you can before marriage (minus getting preggers) and then decide if marriage is a viable option after everything checks out.

Why some people date when they aren't in love does make sense in that case.

I see. I must say, it makes little sense to me, but people do things that don't make sense to me all the time. I'm at peace with that.

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

Ooh new chapter. :)

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

i s i d i o t a s e x u a l i t y

Answer is yes, and it's a valid one with its own troubles.

last edited at Jul 20, 2019 2:56AM

Icon
joined Mar 14, 2015

I can say for sure... I was not expecting this... but this comic got me good... like, it is a romance manga, of course it is! So I expected it to go the usual route (cute and well done, but you know... the usual!).

Even last chapter I was thinking "what kind of melodrama are they gonna drop? whatchu mean it's not the same?" and then BAM! this chapter.

So many people have already commented on Bloom into you in this thread as well, but I cannot explain properly how giddy I feel. It's like... I really dunno about representation and stuff, I couldn't quite understand it before... and this is not gonna make me... pursue it? fight for it? but I'm just so happy to see this coming up more.

This is not the place to go in dept on it but, I still get plagued with thoughts of something being ...wrong with me at times, because although I enjoy romance as a genre, it's something I've yet to experience. Romance, attraction, these just have never happened, not that I don't want to see or feel it... it just...

But then getting to see characters asking the same questions and going around the same things I did and still do kinda makes me feel less alone on this x'D And getting them to see fall in love on their own terms (namely Bloom into you... I'm excited to see where this one goes) kinda gives me hope...

Anyways, those are my thoughts x'D and they are a mess, but I felt like sharing -v-

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Man, it's so rare that I find a supporting character more interesting than the leads. I think it was a mistake to make Aki this cool because it makes me wish she was more than just a supporting character.

last edited at Jul 20, 2019 5:15AM

joined Nov 2, 2015

Wow, the art in this one is cute. Even if I kinda dislike how the heads keep being drawn slanted.

The premise feels like it's got inspiration from Bloom Into You, i.e. a young girl who didn't understand the concept of "love" stroke the sudden fancy of a senpai, got confessed by senpai really early in the story, and went on a journey understanding love. Really excited to see this author's take on it.

I suppose except for the "love at first sight", the rest of the word "love" used in the story is actually "suki", hence why the protagonist could happy-go-lucky accepted senpai's "I love you too" without linking it to a romantic meaning at first. I appreciated that misunderstanding didn't last long at all like most dumb manga, and senpai properly communicated her romantic intentions. And also a best friend character who immediately helped the protagonist get to the point: do you want to hug and kiss her?

To reply you must either login or sign up.