Forum › Yuri Manga for Studying Japanese discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Wordplay

Bullying

For anyone who doesn't get the "moon is beautiful" line, it's a fancy way of saying "I love you." Here's a nice link.

last edited at Jul 4, 2019 2:42PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Clever girl.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah, my kokoro. Very kawaii.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Clever girl.

Cheeky brat. :3

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did the Thai one is correct ?

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Sensei constantly throughout this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgbN8doxXxg

joined Mar 18, 2018

this was nice~

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

I love age gap where the older one gets teased by the younger.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Student is dangerous, but sensei is adorable

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Time to start looking forward to whatever this author is doing. Too many hits.

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

GIVE THIS WOMAN A MEDAL FOR BEING SUCH A FRIGGIN SMOOTH CRIMINAL!

joined May 1, 2015

Sensei needs to marry her student.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You know, I often wondered about Souseki Natsume and his famous answer to the question of how to say "I love you" in Japanese.

There are many versions of how the episode played out, but in all of them there's a foreign student (who's learning Japanese from Souseki) who eventually faces Souseki and asks him to say "I love you" in Japanese.

Souseki then looks at the student and says: "Tsuki ga kirei desu ne" ("The moon is beautiful, right?")

I often wondered why Souseki didn't say "Aishiteru" or "Suki da yo" or any other of the many correct answers, instead of giving an obviously wrong translation. Most scholars try to explain this claiming that Souseki wanted the student to realize that the Japanese people prefer to express their romantic feelings indirectly, because doing otherwise is too embarrassing. But... I never found these explanations convincing...

But now, I think I have finally found the real reason.

Souseki was way too cool to fall for such a transparent prank. Unlike sensei here. Yup.

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

I thought this was uploaded here already?

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

I feel like we all learned a lot here.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Wait how is she teaching her japanese if she doesn't know Thai

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

Wordplay

Bullying

For anyone who doesn't get the "moon is beautiful" line, it's a fancy way of saying "I love you." Here's a nice link.

Haaa the author of the post you linked is "Yuri - Professional Teacher"

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

You know, I often wondered about Souseki Natsume and his famous answer to the question of how to say "I love you" in Japanese.

[snip]

Lol. Asians are famous for giving convoluted nonsensical explanations to nosy whiteys who annoy them with dumb questions.

Many Westerners were mystified by that famous routine of Asian martial artists who, when breaking a plank of wood or a pile of bricks with a single strike of their bare hands, shout something like Kiai! or Hiyah! or Eeee-yah!

What was the purpose of the shout, they wondered?

When asked about that, martial arts experts usually came up with all sorts of strange explanations: it was a release of the flow of chi, it was a psychological attack, it helped with the tightening of core muscles...

I don't know what other people thought, but I myself never really understood what any of those things had to do with breaking a wooden board with a chop of your hand.

Then one day, I watched a documentary where an old karate master was asked that question – why the kiai shout? – and he gave this simple answer:

"It's a very, very old tradition of us Asian peoples. We yell like that when something hurts like a bitch."

And I was enlightened. ¯⧹_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_⧸¯

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Beautiful.

Like the moon. :D

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I thought this was uploaded here already?

It was definitely on Mangadex a year ago by a different group. I don't think it got added to Dynasty though, probably cos they couldn't verify the group since it's listed as Unknown. Main difference is that version is a bit more TN heavy.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Here's a really nice link for those who want to see this story with both the original dialogue and the English translation:

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2955808

(Btw, I wonder if that "chanrakkutuaa" line is real Thai or a joke...)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Here's a really nice link for those who want to see this story with both the original dialogue and the English translation:

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2955808

(Btw, I wonder if that "chanrakkutuaa" line is real Thai or a joke...)

IIRC Garun is actually Thai.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Cute levels over 9000!

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I sure hope Japanese teachers arent like this.... poor things if they cant control their emotions in front of their students.....

P.S. I am a teacher IRL

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

[snip]

Lol. Asians are famous for giving convoluted nonsensical explanations to nosy whiteys who annoy them with dumb questions.

Asking how you say something in a foreign language isn't a dumb question it's literally one of the most basic foundations of human communication.

To reply you must either login or sign up.