Forum › Yuri Manga for Studying Japanese discussion

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I think the Thai sentence is not correct. It should be Chan-Rak-Khun ( I love you ).

joined Nov 9, 2017

You know, I often wondered about Souseki Natsume and his famous answer to the question of how to say "I love you" in Japanese.

There are many versions of how the episode played out, but in all of them there's a foreign student (who's learning Japanese from Souseki) who eventually faces Souseki and asks him to say "I love you" in Japanese.

Souseki then looks at the student and says: "Tsuki ga kirei desu ne" ("The moon is beautiful, right?")

I often wondered why Souseki didn't say "Aishiteru" or "Suki da yo" or any other of the many correct answers, instead of giving an obviously wrong translation. Most scholars try to explain this claiming that Souseki wanted the student to realize that the Japanese people prefer to express their romantic feelings indirectly, because doing otherwise is too embarrassing. But... I never found these explanations convincing...

But now, I think I have finally found the real reason.

Souseki was way too cool to fall for such a transparent prank. Unlike sensei here. Yup.

THIS IS ALL WIN ALL THE WAY

joined Nov 9, 2017

It's a joke that's easy to make

It seems like a lot of work to fail at pulling off a thirty year old joke? But not everybody can enjoy, uh, "classic comedy", or whatever it passes for these days. ^_^

joined Feb 18, 2015

This is FANTASTIC!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Cute

Also, from the art style I thought it was Sodapop lol

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 5:53PM

Qiqi%2050x50
joined Sep 29, 2017

ฉัน รัก เธอ
(Chan Rukku Tuaa)
I Love You

Hello I'm Thai (555)ヽ(´▽`)/

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Just to add, not that its a big deal in this wonderful little manga, but i realised she uses the wrong word on page 3- she says the door is over here when she is stood a lot closer to the teacher than the door by the looks of it- you say over there in that case- and only over here if you were stood near the door.

joined Apr 6, 2018

adorable.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

this brat...I will never be that flirty

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

dat smug face at the end-

joined Apr 28, 2021

I was reading thru this author's stuff and it was really cute and awesome...until this. Yuck I hate minor x adult stuff, it's so gross. It would have been so cute if it was a classmate or smtg :(

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

thai girl - 5
sensei - 0

last edited at Jul 15, 2021 10:12PM

grimtheyuriconnoisseur
joined Aug 15, 2021

Did the Thai one is correct ?

thai person here. can confirm it is correct

To reply you must either login or sign up.