Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I'd quite like to see Ayako's parents / Asuka's grandparents at some point. Well. Once they've figured out their relationship, as a sort of season 2 theme. Getting together is one thing in an incestuous relationship, making it work in the wider world an entirely different one ^^;

If I know anything of the ways of manga characters (or Japanese society in general), Ayako and Asuka will just continue living together as mother and daughter, keeping under wraps their real relationship as lovers. Japanese people tend to dislike being the nail that sticks out...

By the way, @Pyoro, I luv your avatar to bits. Transistor Venus is one of my favoritest yuri series ever. ( ͡♥ ͜ʖ ͡♥) I sure wish Lililicious would release more of Sakura no Kiwa... they stopped at five chapters, about 4 years ago, and there are still three and a half volumes to go...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Although, if this forum is any indication, the bulk of the followers will be people who actually have a real interest in the series. We have in this thread about a hundred commenters who love Taiyaki's work, and only two worthies who claim they read it out of morbid curiosity... and one of them hasn't been heard of since they slapped a ban on him for bad etiquette. I'm certain that most of the Japanese readers will be real fans who sincerely appreciate the basic premise and the serious, original way the story is being handled.

A hundred is a conservative estimate, lol. Try doubling it. I've seen many series be an instant success with Dynasty readers, but few have hit so hard as 1 x ½ has. @WisestofWolfies is right: there's really nothing else like it, and the combination of unique premise and seriousness in the way the subject is treated is clearly very appealing to the fanbase.

joined Apr 6, 2019

By the way, @Pyoro, I luv your avatar to bits. Transistor Venus is one of my favoritest yuri series ever. ( ͡♥ ͜ʖ ͡♥) I sure wish Lililicious would release more of Sakura no Kiwa... they stopped at five chapters, about 4 years ago, and there are still three and a half volumes to go...

Last news, it was on hiatus, I think.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, Sakura no Kiwa looks to be great as well; don't know why it doesn't get more love (it's about a girl getting mobbed by cats ... and then by a cat-like girl, come on! How's that not a winner?!). They've got this "very traditional" manga-esque feel (Transistor Venus too of course). And I particularly love how Takemoto Izumi knows to convey his stories not just with text bubbles but often enough just with by the character's expressions or the flow of the panels and so on (some I feel mangaka forget that a visual medium is not just there to look pretty and to write text bubbles on).

Actually in some sense those are qualities shared by Taiyaki - so no surprise I'm liking this one as well. ^^

last edited at Jun 27, 2019 4:23PM

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

do yall think they're ever actually gonna fuck
do you think Taiyaki would go that far

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Iirc,there is a tweet of him/her who said it will going that way.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yes, there is like a screenshot of their Twitter or something posted in earlier replies that states that, but I'm not gonna go digging for it.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yes, there is like a screenshot of their Twitter or something posted in earlier replies that states that, but I'm not gonna go digging for it.

Got you cover buddy https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1135754820638236673

idk if i can handle it when that day comes

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Then you should train yourself beforehand. Here, let me help you - try look at this:
https://exhentai.org/g/640756/ce6c9cc211/

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

So, I've lost track here. Have mother and daughter had sex yet?

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 1:46AM

joined May 24, 2014

So, I've lost track here. Have mothat and daughter had sex yet?

Maybe at the finale, MAYBE

joined May 24, 2014

Then you should train yourself beforehand. Here, let me help you - try look at this:
https://exhentai.org/g/640756/ce6c9cc211/

Medicine rub is still better

joined Jun 25, 2017

Can anyone verify or translate this 1x1/2 drama cd? What chapter in the manga is this? Because I've read the manga multiple times and can't seem to recall this scene? Is it just the way it's edited?

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av36539946.html

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Can anyone verify or translate this 1x1/2 drama cd? What chapter in the manga is this? Because I've read the manga multiple times and can't seem to recall this scene? Is it just the way it's edited?

If you mean that file exactly - It's just a trailer with lines pecked from different chapters. The 3rd drama CD itself consists of:
Track 1 - chapter 6
Track 2 - chapter 6+a
Track 3 - chapter 7 (that one is a delight to the ears obviously)
Track 4 - some bullshit extra where Asuka and Akira pretending to run radio show and answering questions
Track 5 - extra about Akira meeting some of her underclassmen from Uni I thunk.
Track 6 - commentary

If you mean that file exactly - It's just a trailer with lines pecked from different chapters. The 3rd drama CD itself consists of:
Track 1 - chapter 6
Track 2 - chapter 6+a
Track 3 - chapter 7 (that one is a delight to the ears obviously)
Track 4 - some bullshit extra where Asuka and Akira pretending to run radio show and answering questions
Track 5 - extra about Akira meeting some of her underclassmen from Uni I thunk.
Track 6 - commentary

new ch out yet? nvm i found ur link :D

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 11:19AM by

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I was just reading the Spanish scanlation of this manga. It's really good, in some aspects even better that this one. I found it quite funny that, at the end of the first chapter, there was a note from the translator where, after talking about this and that, she ended with the words: "Nos vemos en el infierno, y ahora con pasaje completo." Which more or less means: "See you all in hell, peeps, we all have a fully booked trip now."

This was, of course, a clear allusion to the mother/daughter incest theme of the series. The doctrine of the Catholic Church traditionally makes little difference between sinning by deed and sinning by thought... which is bad news for us fans, because it pretty much entails that all of us who read this manga and enjoy it are tragically darned to forever burn in hellfire -- a totally sucky fate, hehe.

No, but, seriously now, you shouldn't take her words literally. (You prolly had guessed it already, right? Right?) The translator wasn't seriously implying that we're all damned for liking this manga. Her message was a different one. You know the old saying about pleasure? It goes more or less like this: "A pleasure, if it's a guilty pleasure, is twice the pleasure!" Well, that's precisely what she was aiming at, lol. There's something very sexy and exciting in breaking taboos! "In this story, Ayako and Asuka are doing things that (according to traditional religious belief) are woefully ungodly and sinful and wrong, and that makes our vicarious gratification even more delicious!" This is the point that, in a tongue-in-cheek manner, she wanted to convey. And looking at the comments from the readers, I found that, not only these fellows had an extremely positive and supportive attitude towards the main characters, but also that a very large part of them appreciated the "we're all damned" joke -- and played along:

"This manga will damn us all! More, please, more!"
"I'm so going to hell, and I'm loving every step of it."
"I don't care if I'm damned! The heat never bothered me anyway!"
"I feel corrupt. I feel unclean. It feels so good!"
"Open the Gates of Hell! I'm coming in, and with head held high!"
"Hey, Satan? Here, take my soul, I don't need it anymore."
"Burn! Let's all burn! It's worth it!"
"Excuse me, is this the handbasket going all the way down? Here's my ticket, let me in."
"I just discovered this manga. I now need to go to the nearest church and buy a blessed holy rosary to cleanse the impious taint from my soul... but first I'M BINGE READING THE WHOLE THING AGAIN! TWICE!! SQUEE!!!"

I wish everyone in the English-speaking fandom had the same sense of humor as these people. I've lost count of how many hate messages have been posted so far by angry commenters who seemingly thought there was a need to expound, with grim-faced gravity, about moral wrongs and social evils and all sorts of preachy stuff. Why, oh why waste valuable time and forum space in such pointless gabble? This is a place to enjoy manga! Why, I ask, why???

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I wish everyone in the English-speaking fandom had the same sense of humor as these people.

It's just we don't have the same sense of humor. Incest is still a serious matter,if the author was playing for the joke thanok i could laugh but here it's treated a bit more serious so i found a bit harder to take it lightly.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Eh, every time there is a loli manga there's an endless amount of FBI jokes, which is essentially the same as the implication that a surprise Spanish Inquisition will get you ...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Or the handholding jokes.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yes, but those aren't funny, so they don't count as humor.

ducks and runs

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

ducks and runs

This phrase gives me oddly specific nostalgia for an episode of the 90s CBBC show The Queen's Nose in which a duck swallows a 50p coin that throughout the series grants wishes and they have to use laxative to get it back.

joined Apr 23, 2019

All signs are indicating all the way going. They will do it, and it will be the hottest scene manga ever!
I'm already exploding.

last edited at Jul 4, 2019 11:59AM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Eh, every time there is a loli manga there's an endless amount of FBI jokes, which is essentially the same as the implication that a surprise Spanish Inquisition will get you ...

XD yeah but there's something missing ... the part where they say 'the FBI will get me but I don't care, I'm still gonna perv on these tender lolis cuz I'm a BIG PEDO hyuk hyuk hyuk!'

I can't recall anyone writing that before ... we shy away from going that far, dun we?

last edited at Jul 4, 2019 2:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.