Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^ Image source?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^ Image source?

Bocchi's Bizarre Friendventure
Hitoribocchi. Just the cutest manga and a real pallette cleanser after this incest stuff I'd reckon!
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/hitoribocchi_no_oo_seikatsu

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 4:30PM

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^ Ah, thanks! Coincidentally, that one is already on my To Read list.

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 4:33PM

F7e7c9f162ec42798aef981ac8f87a64
joined Sep 23, 2017

I think that it's turning me on by seeing Asuka turned on by her mother. (⁄ ⁄•⁄.⁄•⁄ ⁄)

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 4:51PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

RIP Asuka's underpants, lol

Morbid curiosity keeps me coming back to read the new chapters of this. It's kinda like the people who try surströmming: they KNOW it's gonna be GROSS AF but they do it anyway.... lol......

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

That awkard moment when you realize you want to EAT your cute daughter

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

"Different kind of cute" We are falling deeper guys. Mmm.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@shadesofgreymoon June 22, 2019 4:59PM

RIP Asuka's underpants, lol

Morbid curiosity keeps me coming back to read the new chapters of this. It's kinda like the people who try surströmming: they KNOW it's gonna be GROSS AF but they do it anyway.... lol......

Sums it up perfectly :)

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 5:18PM

joined Jun 7, 2019

Feast your eyes, everyone. Child abuse, incest and rape. It's so CUTE!

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@BugDevil June 22, 2019 3:12PM

i seriously hope that this manga isn't gonna end with them being a couple. Please author =_="
Let the kid grow up and moving forward, this relatetionship is so gross and unhealthy urkkk

Sorry but that is the hope of everyone reading this I thought? Because we get sick of this kinda manga (or loli ones)
where it's all just a tease and goes nowhere.

It would be refreshing and new for it to actually go there for once. And the author seems like they WILL go there.

Please don't speak for everyone, thank you very much.
I'm here merely out of morbid curiosity and because the writing is actually not bad. If this was actually lolicon bait I'd not even have bothered.

I certainly agree that this incest stuff (especially between parent/child) barely ever goes anywhere. And that is a good thing. We shouldn't normalize it. That doesn't mean you can't draw some intellectual merit from such a story. Not every story portrays something good. The main reason for the drama and intrigue of this manga is that it is wrong. Forbidden love always incites a certain fascination in people.

^THIS times 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000...

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

What's wrong with this yoyo? What's his problem?

Don't like what you read? Stay away, duh

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This isn't the [Happy Sugar Life] thread. Weird how many people took a wrong turn today.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I want a Watamote version of this, where Tomoko is the daughter and Akane is the mother. And Yuu is the senpai.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

This but unironically.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

A friend of BugDevil, shitting his Politically Correct fecal matter all over the forum.

Ignore him.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^Should I laugh or sigh at this point? I mean I quite literally made fun of the guy for saying something so wrong and yet I still get lumped into the same category. Guess for now I'll just shrug. shrugs

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 6:21PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Amazing how many people are fine with, say, professional assassins as protagonists without thinking that professional hitmen will become “normalized.”

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

https://i.ibb.co/cg8FJnV/1-X1-HALF09b.jpg

That awkard moment when you realize you want to EAT your cute daughter

FTFY

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Amazing how many people are fine with, say, professional assassins as protagonists without thinking that professional hitmen will become “normalized.”

rolls eyes
Assassins aren't portrayed as morally upright (most of the time) and neither do many people have the option to become one. If media suddenly started to portray assassination as the good thing to do and the best way to solve conflicts, ya think the talk of assassinating Trumpty Dumpty and other political figures wouldn't become more widespread (than the firghteningly real amount of advocates that already exist)?

As I already mentioned in the same comment you so graciously referenced, there is merit in telling a story about morally questionable things. Because real life doesn't work in black and white. It's good to explore taboos for the sake of broadening one's horizon.

Doesn't make it any less bad of course. But a good author can sell anything, right?

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Doesn't make it any less bad of course. But a good author can sell anything, right?

Sound argument but good and bad and moral taboos are all relative terms. Depending on time and place same things may be considered normal and good or wrong and bad.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sound argument but good and bad and moral taboos are all relative terms. Depending on time and place same things may be considered normal and good or wrong and bad.

Point taken I suppose, but in this current year of our timeline, in 90% of all countries and thanks to our inherent genetics, incest is almost unanimously seen as wrong. It is a taboo. It is morally questionable when it concerns a parent and child in particular.

The biggest softening factor in yuri incest is the inability to procreate, which at least takes away the issues of genetic defects. That doesn't help with the psychological fallout and that it is still socially unacceptable, but I mean, this is fiction and this story doesn't shy away from the fact that it's a heavy taboo. No matter how this manga ends, I doubt it will have the message "Love whoever you want to love, even if its your mom".

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

A friend of BugDevil, shitting his Politically Correct fecal matter all over the forum.

Ignore him.

Yeah that's probably good advice

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ignore him.

Yeah that's probably good advice

Yes it is.

Seriously, I'm never going to understand haters who write in fandom forums like this one. It's nothing like the forums in Japan.

In Japan, people don't write about series or characters or pairings they don't like. They write about the things they do like. They ignore the rest. If they don't approve of, say, a certain pairing of two characters in a story, they don't touch the threads or comments made by fans of that pairing. If they dislike a show on TV, they carefully avoid conversations held by fans of said show who gush endlessly over it. If someone comes to them and specifically asks what their thoughts on the subject are, they reply: "Sorry, I don't get it." or "I don't get what's good about it."

Here, we have these people who seem to love nothing more than bashing the things they dislike. They are way more eager to pick fights with fans who hold opposite views than to bond with those who share their own views. It's like they are on the warpath 24/7.

Why can't they just accept Incest as it is? Why rage every time something comes up with Age gap or Lolicon? Why gnaw their fists when they find Het and Cheating? The idea here is to have fun! Do as I do. Relish the manga you like. Watch the stories unfold, and enjoy. Don't waste your time on manga that doesn't agree with you.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Deleting my response to BugDevil, since we probably agree more than we disagree on the main point, and ^ @Nene was really the point I should have been making anyway.

joined Feb 22, 2018

The last few chapters have been rather revalatory. In fact there's almost too much information to absorb here. So here's an interpretive recap:

-The mother Ayuko seems to be suffering from a mild to moderate form of dissociative disease called Emotional Detachment Disorder (EDD). Her normal reaction to other person's emotions is to put up a fortress wall of aloofness and eliminating any trace of empathy. She can disguise it through smarmy politeness and a modicum of kindness to, but she treats everyone like they were a passing acquaintance or a customer. She has very few friends and no lovers beyond her late husband.

-This aloofness extended to her daughter Asuka. Her inability to form emotional attachments and show affection made their relationship unstable, and instilled great anxiety in Asuka, whose deepest fear is one of maternal abandonment. Ever since she entered grade school, Asuka has worked tirelessly to try and win Ayuko's approval, including academic over achievement, hypochondria, and mild to moderate self harm. But the only thing that has aroused her mother has been appealing to her suppressed kinks and perversions.

-There is a heavy subtext of past and present sexual abuse. Disassociative disorder is usually due to abuse, and Ayuko displays other red flags as well. There are problematic statements: "All the crimes I've committed" in the monologue at the beginning of chapter 5, or telling Asuka that it's "probably my fault" for her daughter's incestuous desires. And a highly codependent relationship anyway. Given that her mother is a pharmacist, with access to sedatives and depressants (including insomnia drugs whose side effects include short term memory loss, and were popular with Japanese rapists a few years ago), and demonstrates dodgy professional ethics, there is the strong suggestion that Ayuko has been clandestinely abusing Asuka, and the latter only has a few fragmented memories to inform her.

In summary: this is a deliberate train wreck of a manga full of damaged individuals. And I haven't even touched the secondary characters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.