Forum › My Cute Little Kitten discussion

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CUTE STORIES LIKE THIS, why can't we have more of this?
DRAMA + RESOLUTION = BORING
FLUFFINESS + FLUFFINESS = WHOLESOMENESS

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

ENT = Entrance
UT = Utilities

I see. Pretty luxurious place, for a Japanese apartment...

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

YES! I've been waiting for months for the continuation of this!!!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CUTE STORIES LIKE THIS, why can't we have more of this?
DRAMA + RESOLUTION = BORING
FLUFFINESS + FLUFFINESS = WHOLESOMENESS

I see much more drama than fluffiness now. Am I missing some sort of hidden fluffiness? They seem like they're on the verge of a breakup and will be lucky to keep their friendship intact. If it weren't a Morinaga Milk manga, that is.

anotherdayintheshade
Dynasty%20scans
joined Jan 27, 2015

She says she wants to take responsibility... She wants 3 bedrooms... I'm calling it right now, Yuna thinks she made Rena pregnant

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

She says she wants to take responsibility... She wants 3 bedrooms... I'm calling it right now, Yuna thinks she made Rena pregnant

filtting coment and profile pic ^^

Jem_01
joined Oct 12, 2010

I will be long dead by the time this series finishes.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

All the people bitching in the comments make me think everyone on this site only wants to see this story shat out over an over again
"I luv u"
"I luv u too"
"And then they did the sex"

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

All the people bitching in the comments make me think everyone on this site only wants to see this story shat out over an over again
"I luv u"
"I luv u too"

God forbid people be bored with the mandated drama that happens in damn near every romance series. Are you really gonna deride people reading a romance story for wanting to read romance?

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

Those credits. “End cat hunger” or “stop cats from over populating the world because you flat out hate cats”. And “Week 4 with the lesbians” lol gotta love the translator.
I keep forgetting how much care Moringa Milk is putting into making the cat do some weird shit and it’s hilarious stuff too.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

"I luv u"
"I luv u too"

I don't mind interesting drama but the drama we usually see is also the same story shat out over and over again
"I luv u"
"I luv u too"
"Then let's sex"
"No we can't!"
"Why?"
"I can't say"
In her mind: I can't because because I have『Problem』" (『Problem』is usually evil parents or lack of self esteem)
"Oh no why does she not want sex with me maybe she hate me"
30 chapters later
"I don't care about your『Problem』! I luv u anyways! How about u?"
"W-well I... I luv u too"
"Then let's overcome『Problem』together!"
In her mind: She's right, I should've just told her about『Problem』50 chapters ago instead of spending 100 chapter unnecessarily worrying about it all by myself. I should've talked to her about『Problem』instead of talking about『Problem』with every character in the story except her!
And then they did the sex

And that's by the way optimistically assumes that only one of the girl has『Problem』, but usually both of them have『Problem』so it's twice as long

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

^ You're damn right there's a problem, it's that damn cat!!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

^ loooooooool

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

"I luv u"
"I luv u too"

God forbid people be bored with the mandated drama that happens in damn near every romance series. Are you really gonna deride people reading a romance story for wanting to read romance?

Half the oneshots on this website are basically what I described, and melodrama and romance go hand in hand.

joined Jan 7, 2019

Half the oneshots on this website are basically what I described, and melodrama and romance go hand in hand.

There is a difference between good drama and melodrama.
The literal definition of melodrama is a a literary work that is dramatic in an exaggerated, unrealistic and over the top manner, usually with little to no actual depth in terms if story telling and character building.
While it is true that most romance series out there are indeed melodramatic, it isn't beacuse the two go well together, it's beacuse
dramatic tension (though an important part of any story), is a hard thing to pull off, so the overwhelming majority of romance dramas are garbage. In that sense, I can hardly give people shit for wanting to avoid them.
Saying that romance and melodrama go hand in hand is like saying that isekai and shitty harems go hand in hand or horror movies and jumpscares go hand in hand. They don't, the prevalence of those matchups are only a byproduct of Sturgeon's law.

Mind you I'm not saying this particular series is overdramatic garbage, it's a bit to early for me to judge, but the missunderstanding between the two MCs does seem a bit contrived.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

There is a difference between good drama and melodrama.
The literal definition of melodrama is a a literary work that is dramatic in an exaggerated, unrealistic and over the top manner, usually with little to no actual depth in terms if story telling and character building.

I don't think that's the literal definition of melodrama. Sure there's melodrama the casual insult, but there's also melodrama the genre, which is a term without qualitative charge and can combine just fine with the word "good". Both senses might fit Liberty for my mileage, but only the latter fits Sasameki Koto.

last edited at Jun 24, 2019 4:14AM

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

I don't think that's the literal definition of melodrama. Sure there's melodrama the casual insult, but there's also melodrama the genre, which is a term without qualitative charge and can combine just fine with the word "good". Both senses might fit Liberty for my mileage, but only the latter fits Sasameki Koto.

It's great that you've pointed that out. A lot of people misunderstand that.

joined Jan 7, 2019

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/melodrama

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/melodrama

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/melodrama

https://www.yourdictionary.com/melodrama

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.collinsdictionary.com/amp/english/melodrama

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/melodrama

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodrama

If you don't consider exaggerated drama as a bad thing then that's fine, I am not here to judge your tastes, but a meoldrama is by definition unrealistically overdramatic.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The fact that I liked this is probably the one thing that confused me the most since the last time I've watched the last episode Extra History's rendition of the Great Northern War.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Is it just me or has there been an increase in long and pedantic replies on the forums lately? lol

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Morinaga Milk really committed to making this cat the center of the story. All development is triggered or suspended based on the cat.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't quite understand the plan of that apartment.

I know what LDK is, but what's UT and ENT? And a one-and-a-half bath??

One-and-a-half bath is an apartment with one full bathroom (toilet, sink, and shower/bath) and one half bathroom (toilet and sink).

joined Jan 7, 2019

Is it just me or has there been an increase in long and pedantic replies on the forums lately? lol

Don't worry, if you aren't interested in the discussion you can just not partake on it. No need to make mean spirited passive aggressive remarks.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Don't worry, if you aren't interested in the discussion you can just not partake on it. No need to make mean spirited passive aggressive remarks.

Was neither mean-spirited nor passive-aggressive. I was being facetious.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

The credits page of the latest chapter is one of the best ever made lmao

To reply you must either login or sign up.